PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War Update

Nato King
09-11-2005, 12:46 PM
CliffyB, who is the lead designer of Gears of War, stated that the Xbox 360 is going to be a beast. Well, these new screenshots of GOW show a level of detail that is unmatched. These lastest screens confirm CliffyB's statement that "Microsoft is giving you a hell of a system... and is capable of MUCH GREATNESS." Enjoy!

http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/491_894.jpg
http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/491_895.jpg
http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/491_896.jpg
http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/491_898.jpg

TheCovenant
09-11-2005, 06:27 PM
amazing. those aren't concept art , are they?

Conchord
09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Is it going to be online!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111???????????????????

mattgame
09-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Incredible. Just incredible.

StudioAlex
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Wow. Retinal orgasm. Excuse the mess.

Double_Diablo
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
My cornea's burn from the awesomeness. :hump:

Ford Mustang
09-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Holy ****, that looks sweet.

swivel
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
Is that cutscene CGI or gameplay? Doesn't really look like gameplay to me.

Either way, the art is incredible. Game artists don't get the credit they deserve for being true artists just because they work in an industry that most people think of being for kids. I hope those guys frequent the forums to hear your praise, they sure deserve it.

FB-Gollum
09-12-2005, 12:04 AM
If that's in game I fear what 3rd gen titles will look like.

swivel
09-12-2005, 08:38 AM
If that's in game I fear what 3rd gen titles will look like.

Aren't we in the 8th gen now? Was the XBox your first console?

laughs
09-12-2005, 10:05 AM
In-freakin-sane!!!!

FB-Gollum
09-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Aren't we in the 8th gen now? Was the XBox your first console?

3rd gen games of that console system. Generally in the lifespan of a console you will see 3 rounds of technical development. Example would be Halo 1 versus Halo 2. Graphically it's night and day. Splinter Cell versus Pandora tomorrow and finally Chaos Theory. As the developers learn to utilize the system more efficiently they can do more. So if Gears of War is the equivalent to something like Splinter Cell (1st gen non-launch title) imagine what the Chaos Theory equivalent to that is going to look like.

swivel
09-12-2005, 02:05 PM
This is Gears of War 3?

You think the difference between Halo 1 and Halo 2 is a generational difference?

I'm confused.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 02:15 PM
3rd gen games of that console system. Generally in the lifespan of a console you will see 3 rounds of technical development. Example would be Halo 1 versus Halo 2. Graphically it's night and day. Splinter Cell versus Pandora tomorrow and finally Chaos Theory. As the developers learn to utilize the system more efficiently they can do more. So if Gears of War is the equivalent to something like Splinter Cell (1st gen non-launch title) imagine what the Chaos Theory equivalent to that is going to look like.

halo 2s graphics arent that much better...its just bump mapping.

ill take halo 1s gameplay over halo 2s graphics any day.

Nato King
09-12-2005, 03:15 PM
those pics are just artwork not in game-gfx

Conchord
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
those pics are just artwork not in game-gfx

Here are some in-game screenshots I think...and these can only get better. Even if they are concept, it gives you a feel of what the game is going to be like.
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/632/632679/gears-of-war-20050711000820261.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/632/632679/gears-of-war-20050711000831494.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/631/631860/gears-of-war-20050706104001317.jpg
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/631/631860/gears-of-war-20050706103951381.jpg

laughs
09-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Xbocks, those look more like drawings to me.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 03:54 PM
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/615/615249/gears-of-war-20050517012709709.jpg

Satisfied?

mattgame
09-12-2005, 04:02 PM
This is game looks like it's going tobe fierce!

Shadow20002
09-12-2005, 04:03 PM
The last one Is the in-game graphics.

laughs
09-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, the last one is in game graphics.....wow, that's crazy.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 04:14 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/136/928234_20050517_screen001.jpg

mattgame
09-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I can't remember, multiplayer yes?

laughs
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
This game is really insane... When is it out?

FB-Gollum
09-12-2005, 04:56 PM
halo 2s graphics arent that much better...its just bump mapping.

ill take halo 1s gameplay over halo 2s graphics any day.

It's just bump mapping? Are you on crack? Who's talking about gameplay here? I'm talking about GRAPHICS.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
It's just bump mapping? Are you on crack? Who's talking about gameplay here? I'm talking about GRAPHICS.

Calling the differences between Halo and its sequel's graphics a comparison between night and day is a bold statement.

Amazing, as soon as Halo 2 comes out, (some) people just forget about the game that started it all and act like Halo 2 is the **** because of xbox live.

When I first started playing Halo, I felt like I was in the game. It felt real, or immersive, if you will, in its own environment. Halo 2 felt like I was playing a video game, and the only point of the game was to beat it. Not to have fun (that's what the cinemas were for).

K?

Bakeman
09-12-2005, 05:54 PM
*halo rant*

How the hell did you feel like you were in the game?!?

I'm confused by all the people saying Halo1 is so much better then Halo2. I only played Halo1 online a handful of times at best. Mainly because I didn't care for having to use the software on the PC and bla bla bla...
The pistol in Halo1 was stupid.. it's a pistol.... they are suppose to be the weaker guns not one of the best guns. Sure one shot to the head kills are nice... when it's a realistic game.. Halo isn't.... and that fact that I could kill someone with the pistol with one shot but not a more powerfull gun is just retarded. *end halo rant*

*back on topic*

Anyways Gears of War looks great! The little bit of gameplay video that's we've been shown looks fun. Definitly can't wait to try this one out.

And Swivel .. what the hell man .. LOL is what he said really that confusing?

Look... I think we can all agree that games near the end of a systems life are much better looking then the games at launch. For example ... Project Gotham Racing and PGR2 .. PGR2 graphically is waaaay better then PGR. So now look at the video or screen shots of Gears of War (pretty amazing). Now just think of what Gears of War 2 (or some other game made by the same company) will look like 3 or 4 years into the sytems life cycle.

EDIT: I think I read somewhere that Gears of War is suppose to have Online Co-op. Don't take my word though... research a bit.. I'm sure you can find out.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 06:15 PM
*halo rant*

How the hell did you feel like you were in the game?!?

I'm confused by all the people saying Halo1 is so much better then Halo2. I only played Halo1 online a handful of times at best. Mainly because I didn't care for having to use the software on the PC and bla bla bla...
The pistol in Halo1 was stupid.. it's a pistol.... they are suppose to be the weaker guns not one of the best guns. Sure one shot to the head kills are nice... when it's a realistic game.. Halo isn't.... and that fact that I could kill someone with the pistol with one shot but not a more powerfull gun is just retarded. *end halo rant*

This is the second time I was trying to make a point about how games/gaming has gone downhill recently, and this is the second time I was proven right. I was NOT talking about online play. Halo is not known for its online aspects, it was all about the single-player missions and tactics.

Bakeman
09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
excuse me.. I guess the mention of xbox live confused me :)

What?! LOL Tactics ???
I guess I didn't play the game enough or something... Please explain the tactics in the game?

All Halo single player feels to me is a run around the map and shoot the bad guys game.

I did play halo2 online for the first few weeks.. but it got boring pretty quick. I only still to this day play the game because it's with a small group of friends playing it on system link. And yes it's Halo2.. not Halo1.

I remember some of the levels you are running around in small hallways.. then basically an alien would jump out from another hallway... The tatic there.. shot him in the head so it dies faster then if I shot it in the stomach.

Anyways this is not really the proper place for this... someone made a good point.. and somehow it got flipped over to a halo1 to halo2 comparison.

The point he made was games later in the systems life cycle are better then at launch. So he is excited to see how amazing games are going to look later in the 360's life cycle then at launch, because Gears of Wars (although not launch, still 1st gen for the system) looks great.

As far as the halo crap goes.... For some stupid reason some people like Halo .. and some like Halo2 ............ I personally feel people that think Halo1 is better is on crack, and they probably feel the same about me.

StudioAlex
09-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Yes! Another thread ruined by suck-butt Halo 2 haters! Take it to the Halo 2 forum, girls. This thread is dedicated to Gears of War.

Conchord
09-12-2005, 08:14 PM
I had a response typed out all nice and neat, but i got a ****ing error again i swear to ****ing christ i ****ing hate windows ****ing xp and internet ****ing explorer.

now, having said that, i was talking about the tactics in halo 1, as in, playing on legendary. it is much different than halo 2. in the sequel, the enemies only shoot faster, and run faster...in halo, they used AI tactics, crouching, hiding, running away, attacking en-masse, etc.

studio, now offense, but no one ruined this thread until you barged in.

Ford Mustang
09-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Take the Halo discussions to their proper place, please. This thread is about Gears of War.

StudioAlex
09-12-2005, 08:31 PM
All who sass me will pay the price. Jeez, now I sound like Duke. But it looks like one of the mods has already stepped in and backed up my point.

MatrixMaul
09-12-2005, 08:45 PM
that'll be two. No more Halo 2 bashing please, there is forum dedicated completely to Halo: so use it. Now, back to gears of war.

and no more back sass out of anyone, or I punch you in the face....with words that is :)

FB-Gollum
09-12-2005, 09:06 PM

Actually dude, you ruined it with your inability to read a comment for what it was. I said I was talking about GRAPHICS, I REPEAT GRAPHICS! There is a huge graphical upgrade between HCE and H2 and my ENTIRE POINT was that it's amazing to see what first gen titles look like on the 360 and that I can't even fathom where they are going to go. Gears of War looks INSANE and it's a freaking first kick at the can on a new platform.

Can I hibernate until november?

PS. Just as an example of launch vs. later cycle title

Splinter Cell:

http://www.splintercell.com/us/images/screens-sc1/xbox/4.jpg

Pandora Tomorrow:

http://www.splintercell.com/us/images/screens-scpt/xbox/2.jpg

Chaos Theory:

http://www.splintercell.com/us/splintercellchaostheory/images/panel_overlay.gif

swivel
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
You guys are going nuts over gorgeous cut-scene graphics.

FFVII had them on the PS1.

Does anyone care about gameplay anymore? Or is it just eyecandy? Best game I played this year was God of War on the PS2. The gameplay was perfect. 100% fun factor. Katamari Damacy looked horrible but was one of the most addictive games of the year.

Meanwhile, Doom3 had graphics just like Gears of War and was boring as sin.

And it is our fault that games are getting less fun yet better looking. Developers hear us going gaga over the graphics. They see us pre-ordering anything with bump-mapping and self-shadowing models. So they keep hiring more artists and skip the development phases that focus on A.I., interface, replayability, and fun.

Everyone keeps screaming for pretty pictures and online play. And that is all we are getting.

Here's one gamer hoping that Gears of War has tight controls, great sound, a twisting - deep - and interesting plot, and many hours of single-player fun.

J3bus WTF
09-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Wow, maybe I need to rethink my decision on getting the 360.

TheCovenant
09-12-2005, 11:12 PM
You guys are going nuts over gorgeous cut-scene graphics.

FFVII had them on the PS1.

Does anyone care about gameplay anymore? Or is it just eyecandy? Best game I played this year was God of War on the PS2. The gameplay was perfect. 100% fun factor. Katamari Damacy looked horrible but was one of the most addictive games of the year.

Meanwhile, Doom3 had graphics just like Gears of War and was boring as sin.

And it is our fault that games are getting less fun yet better looking. Developers hear us going gaga over the graphics. They see us pre-ordering anything with bump-mapping and self-shadowing models. So they keep hiring more artists and skip the development phases that focus on A.I., interface, replayability, and fun.

Everyone keeps screaming for pretty pictures and online play. And that is all we are getting.

Here's one gamer hoping that Gears of War has tight controls, great sound, a twisting - deep - and interesting plot, and many hours of single-player fun.

Remember, the foundation for your argument was a self confirmed comment you made earlier that those were cutscene cgi graphics. The fact is, you dont know, and it ruins your whole argument. The gameplay is in the style of brothers in arms, which i loved, so i think they are going the right direction with this. To be so underwhlmed so early seems like a healthy move, but forcing it upon others is ridiculous. You have no solid evidence on anything pertaining to this game, or at least you have not demonstrated that you do.

FB-Gollum
09-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Remember, the foundation for your argument was a self confirmed comment you made earlier that those were cutscene cgi graphics. The fact is, you dont know, and it ruins your whole argument. The gameplay is in the style of brothers in arms, which i loved, so i think they are going the right direction with this. To be so underwhlmed so early seems like a healthy move, but forcing it upon others is ridiculous. You have no solid evidence on anything pertaining to this game, or at least you have not demonstrated that you do.

CovOwned!

And another thing (gets out salt shaker, looks for open wound), gameplay isn't graphically dependant, we have amazing gameplay on many games right now, so what do we have to look forward to? Better graphics!

swivel
09-13-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm not trying to force my opinion on others, let's remain calm here. The entire idea behind forums is to share opinions and thoughts. To yell-down anyone that disagrees with you is bad form and reveals some insecurities with one's own thoughts. Let's be civil.

Nowhere in my post do I suggest that graphics and gameplay are mutually exclusive. All I'm saying is that developers listen to us, and produce the games that we buy more of, and if we do not learn to be more discerning they will continue to pump out the same stuff over and over again.

Also, I have no doubt whatsoever that those graphics are cutscene.

StudioAlex
09-13-2005, 08:17 AM
Those graphics are from final development kits. The E3 images were made using beta development kits. That likely explains the increase in quality.

Or they're shots from a movie. Who cares? With the pedigree behind this game, my bet is it will be fun as hell.

Conchord
09-13-2005, 12:47 PM
The gameplay is in the style of brothers in arms, which i loved, so i think they are going the right direction with this.

Yea, brothers in arms was first person, and this is third! They're exactly alike!

The main reason Brothers in Arms was so realistic was because of the viewpoint and crosshairs.

you dont know, and it ruins your whole argument.

Well put. :cheers:

TheCovenant
09-13-2005, 01:34 PM
straight from cliff blezinsky's mouth. (pay attention xbocks, this concerns you)

"Gears of war is a third person shooter that takes the best parts of tactical action games and combines them with the coolest parts of survival horror games" (http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6663&type=wmv)

"Yea its sci-fi, yea its violent, but its kinda its own thing. Its kinda band of brothers with monsters"..."its stop and pop game play that were going for, not run and gun"..."saving the world in third person not first-actually i like to call it second person, because its kinda half way between third and first person. You get the benefits of first person, and third."..."if you walk into a room and try to out circle strafe a guy, your gonna die. You need to analyze the room for cover, and tell yourself i need to get behnid that. {editors note: this is the key similarity between BiA and GoW} (http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6663&type=wmv)

BiA is the closest thing to Band of Brothers style cinematic and gameplay crossover. Yes, the game is psuedo third person, but if you want to list reasons why they are different, you could also say BiA was in the 40's and ST. Matt Baker wasn't in it. :rolleyes:

And ive maintained civility. An argument can have a hard edge, and be civil, no where in my post did i bust out the numbers-for-letters style text, or just right out started bashing. Did i not bring up a valid point? can i not argue it fiercly, while still remaining pertinent to the argument? i beleive it is possible, and i still beleive you are wrong.

Conchord
09-13-2005, 02:16 PM
"Gears of war is a third person shooter that takes the best parts of tactical action games and combines them with the coolest parts of survival horror games"

"Yea its sci-fi, yea its violent, but its kinda its own thing. Its kinda band of brothers with monsters"..."its stop and pop game play that were going for, not run and gun"..."saving the world in third person not first-actually i like to call it second person, because its kinda half way between third and first person. You get the benefits of first person, and third."..."if you walk into a room and try to out circle strafe a guy, your gonna die. You need to analyze the room for cover, and tell yourself i need to get behnid that. {editors note: this is the key similarity between BiA and GoW}

I can think of exactly zero games that have delivered everything that they said they would before the release of said game.

I'm sorry, did you even play xbox?

BiA is the closest thing to Band of Brothers style cinematic and gameplay crossover.

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...the fact that they took half of the features from Band of Brothers (I saw them on HBO and bought them the first week they came out on DVD) the entire game I felt like I was playing a rip off of Band of Brothers...but hey, I guess they have to steal ideas from somewhere.

Yes, the game is psuedo third person, but if you want to list reasons why they are different, you could also say BiA was in the 40's and ST. Matt Baker wasn't in it.

Psuedo third person? What the **** does that mean? Have you seen gameplay from this yet? There is no "psuedo". It IS third person.

I was listing reasons they were different because you said they were alike, and I strongly disagreed.

An argument can have a hard edge, and be civil, no where in my post did i bust out the numbers-for-letters style text, or just right out started bashing. Did i not bring up a valid point? can i not argue it fiercly, while still remaining pertinent to the argument? i beleive it is possible, and i still beleive you are wrong.

What the **** are you talking about? Did I even say anything to you?

Its little quirky, smart ass comments like that that piss people off, followed by your boyfriends posting "OMFG Covenanowned !!!!!!111"

Bakeman
09-13-2005, 02:17 PM
there is one screen in here that could be from gameplay, but you'lll never see that camera angle from game play.

Someone find the man the video of gameplay.

mattgame
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Lemons are good for acne.

TheCovenant
09-13-2005, 02:32 PM
I can think of exactly zero games that have delivered everything that they said they would before the release of said game.

I'm sorry, did you even play xbox?

I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing...the fact that they took half of the features from Band of Brothers (I saw them on HBO and bought them the first week they came out on DVD) the entire game I felt like I was playing a rip off of Band of Brothers...but hey, I guess they have to steal ideas from somewhere.

Psuedo third person? What the **** does that mean? Have you seen gameplay from this yet? There is no "psuedo". It IS third person.

I was listing reasons they were different because you said they were alike, and I strongly disagreed.

What the **** are you talking about? Did I even say anything to you?

Its little quirky, smart ass comments like that that piss people off, followed by your boyfriends posting "OMFG Covenanowned !!!!!!111"

The civil remark was directed at swivel. Read the thread. The guy who came in and said "covOwn'd" ive never spoken to in my life.

Because you've never seen a game deliver what its developer says its going to, doesn't mean its not going to, especially since everything he said didn't cross the "too good to be true" bar.

Where they got their ideas is irrelevant, now your just reaching. Half life 2 stole their ideas from a lot of movies. I guess that game sucks as well, huh xbocks?

"psuedo" because cliff blezinsky said it was. Ever played UC2 ? Remind me, is that third or first person? Ever played resident evil 4? tell me, that behind the should "locked" camera, is that third or first person?

I was listing why they were alike due to cliff blezinsky remarks. You strongly disagree, which is fine, but how many times have you played gears of war?

and just so your assumptions of my sexuality are sraight:

Cov0wn'd.

Conchord
09-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Where they got their ideas is irrelevant, now your just reaching. Half life 2 stole their ideas from a lot of movies. I guess that game sucks as well, huh xbocks?

There is a difference between taking your ideas from many different sources to create something unique, and copying a movie to create a game. Nice try though.

"psuedo" because cliff blezinsky said it was. Ever played UC2 ? Remind me, is that third or first person? Ever played resident evil 4? tell me, that behind the should "locked" camera, is that third or first person?

Well then, what cliff blezinsky says has to be right, right? I mean, he's cliff blezinsky. UC2 fun, for about 5 minutes (I think this leads back to the whole xbox live arguement). RE4 is third person. Simply because it isn't "traditional" does not make it something else.

First person and third person have solid definitions, if you want to play word games, that's fine with me.

mattgame
09-13-2005, 03:45 PM
I hate when you girls fight. Not stop the peepee contest because really is there really any doubt...................................................

Twistedcritts14
09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
dont you love when the graphics get so good you cant tell if they are real or not

swivel
09-13-2005, 09:37 PM
straight from cliff blezinsky's mouth. (pay attention xbocks, this concerns you)

"Gears of war is a third person shooter that takes the best parts of tactical action games and combines them with the coolest parts of survival horror games" (http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6663&type=wmv)

"Yea its sci-fi, yea its violent, but its kinda its own thing. Its kinda band of brothers with monsters"..."its stop and pop game play that were going for, not run and gun"..."saving the world in third person not first-actually i like to call it second person, because its kinda half way between third and first person. You get the benefits of first person, and third."..."if you walk into a room and try to out circle strafe a guy, your gonna die. You need to analyze the room for cover, and tell yourself i need to get behnid that. {editors note: this is the key similarity between BiA and GoW} (http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6663&type=wmv)

BiA is the closest thing to Band of Brothers style cinematic and gameplay crossover. Yes, the game is psuedo third person, but if you want to list reasons why they are different, you could also say BiA was in the 40's and ST. Matt Baker wasn't in it. :rolleyes:

And ive maintained civility. An argument can have a hard edge, and be civil, no where in my post did i bust out the numbers-for-letters style text, or just right out started bashing. Did i not bring up a valid point? can i not argue it fiercly, while still remaining pertinent to the argument? i beleive it is possible, and i still beleive you are wrong.

Hmmm. xbocks goes down in flames. Nothing like a quote straight from the source to shut up a stupid argument. Nice.

Conchord
09-13-2005, 09:41 PM
I hate all of you.

MatrixMaul
09-14-2005, 01:53 AM
all of the hate aside:
this game looks to be quite a treat for the future

FB-Gollum
09-14-2005, 10:45 AM
The guy who came in and said "covOwn'd" ive never spoken to in my life.

Excuse me? We've never spoken? Dude, get a clue. We've played Halo together on a few occasions and battled it out on numerous threads and now I'm "the guy that said 'covowned'".

laughs
09-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Excuse me? We've never spoken? Dude, get a clue. We've played Halo together on a few occasions and battled it out on numerous threads and now I'm "the guy that said 'covowned'".

Listen.....Whatever happens, happens. I guess nobody can change what will be..... But before you and TheCovenant break up, think of your kids. Is this really the right thing to do?

FB-Gollum
09-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Listen.....Whatever happens, happens. I guess nobody can change what will be..... But before you and TheCovenant break up, think of your kids. Is this really the right thing to do?

LOL! It's not like Cov and I are all buddy/buddy but seriously I've been around here for years now, how the hell would he say he doesn't know who I am?

laughs
09-14-2005, 12:53 PM
LOL! It's not like Cov and I are all buddy/buddy but seriously I've been around here for years now, how the hell would he say he doesn't know who I am?

I know who you are, as do many others.... Perhaps he just had a brain fart or something.

StudioAlex
09-14-2005, 05:44 PM
LOL! It's not like Cov and I are all buddy/buddy but seriously I've been around here for years now, how the hell would he say he doesn't know who I am?I can't keep all these internet people straight in my head, either.

Nato King
09-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Gears Of War Hands On At 1UP
According to Epic's Cliff Bleszinski, the game as it is running right now is only using one of the Xbox 360's three cores, and has been up and running on the final development kits for only about two weeks. The game had been running on Beta development kits for only a few weeks before that, so it's clear that the team at Epic is only getting started in terms of finding out how much power they can get out of the system.

Epic Vice President Mark Rein states he believes Gears of War has the potential to become a bigger franchise than Unreal for Epic, given its focus on storytelling and a strong single-player experience. Microsoft will be releasing new screenshots of the game when the Tokyo Game Show opens on Friday in Japan (U.S. time: 6:00 Thursday night)

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3143680

swivel
09-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh, man.... great, great news. Thanks for the info.

Love that this was only running on one of the CPU's. Man, there is a ton of potential in this system. The games are going to get better and better each year as they refine their development.

Also love hearing that their focus is on a strong single-player experience.

Can't wait.

TheCovenant
09-14-2005, 08:42 PM

HOLY DAMN! i just realized you're clockwerk. MAH BAD! We do play halo on occasion, my bad holmes. I thought bakeman said the covOwnd comment, i wasnt really paying attention i was in the heat of the arguement. Good looking out though,bro! :)

OC Noob
09-15-2005, 12:55 AM
I had a response typed out all nice and neat, but i got a ****ing error again i swear to ****ing christ i ****ing hate windows ****ing xp and internet ****ing explorer.

now, having said that, i was talking about the tactics in halo 1, as in, playing on legendary. it is much different than halo 2. in the sequel, the enemies only shoot faster, and run faster...in halo, they used AI tactics, crouching, hiding, running away, attacking en-masse, etc.

Its not Windows or IE, its these forums. They are the only place it happens to me and I've now seen 2 others complaining of the same thing. Somethings bugged with the forums or we need to update XP. Have you updated recently? I have not, but it only happens here.

Nato King
09-16-2005, 02:00 PM
more gears of war information

IGN.com (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651385p1.html)