PDA

View Full Version : What do you reccommend

0w3n
09-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry if this in the wrong area and move if need be.

I'm looking for a game. I want something with good multiplayer (not Live but splitscreen type deal) kind of like Star Wars: Battlefront. But in a WWII setting. But there are alot of WWII fps games out there. I've been looking at Band of Brothers but is the 2 player any good on it?

Alright thanks

Ford Mustang
09-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I assume you're talking about Xbox, and also that you're talking about Brothers in Arms. That's about as good as it gets for realistic World War 2 shooters on Xbox. The multiplayer is pretty good online but it's something you'll either love or hate.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a great online FPS in a World War 2 game but it's more of an arcade shooter than realistic.

Medal of Honor Frontline is a decent WW2 game although there is no online multiplayer and the graphics are less than good.

Medal of Honor European Assault is a decent game, the graphics are a little better than the first one, and there are some newer features in the game, as well as the fact that you play as more of a part of a squad than an one-man army. It got decent reviews, I think around the 8.0 to 8.5 region. You'd have to check it out to really get a feel for the game though. I don't think it has online multiplayer, however.

ShadedNine
09-12-2005, 12:35 AM
He meant splitscreen multiplayer...which is a tough question given that I haven't split my screen for some time now...a second xbox works out much better. So i'm not sure which games support it, or what kind of options you have that way.

Most reviews no longer touch base on it either...

0w3n
09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Ya shaded nine is right. Im talking about splitscreen. Not exactly in good enough fininacial area to have 2 xboxes to play multiplayer with family members. I think I'll check out the BiA game and MoH:EA as I have rtcw on pc and i've played the demo and saw no diffrences.

I think whichever the cheaper one is will win. lol

themoosearmy
09-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Brothers in Arms. Hands down the best WWII game out there if you are on the tactical side.

Medal of Honor if you like the shoot-em up version of FPS. I reccomend Rising Sun just because you can play bots in multiplayer which is always fun. Although you may be able to do that in newer titles, but i'm not sure.

NightGhost
09-25-2005, 05:35 PM
**** the japs

U.2.K
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
You could always try out this game.

http://xbox.game-special.com/cover/roadkill.jpg

RoadKIll xbox, Check out reviews:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/roadkill/

BoogerBoy
09-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Darkwatch is pretty fun, there's alot of maps. Plus 4 player split-screen :)