PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 'Strongest Security Yet'

Nato King
09-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Chris Satchell, an engineer for Microsoft, has told the BBC News website that Microsoft have gone one step further in order to prevent hackers tampering around with their Xbox 360 system.

"There are going to be levels of security in this box that the hacker community has never seen before.

We've taken security to the hardware level and built it in from the ground up," he is quoted as saying.

He did however, add that "There're some really bright people in the world with some really expensive hardware. I'm sure sooner or later someone will work out how to circumvent security. But the way we have done the design doesn't mean that it will work on somebody else's machine."

One of the main reasons that Microsoft have implemented such a tight security system is to prevent 360 owners from watching pirated TV shows and films.

It will be interesting to see how the new security holds up against the hacking community when the system is released this November.
Link (http://www.clubskill.com/?view=article&article=1655)

StudioAlex
09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
The system's defenses being overrun is a forgone conclusion. I can understand why MS is investing so heavily in trying to protect its IP, but issuing press releases about it sees to only work against them. When they release a statement challenging the modders, the end result, I would think, would be only for modders to apply themselves even more. But then I'm not a jillion dollar multinational corporation, so what do I know?