PDA

View Full Version : How much better

XxPunkerxX
09-12-2005, 08:03 PM
Well i want to know how much better the ghraphics r supposed to be one the 360 than on the xbox. I have seen screen shots and i dont c a big difference :(

Ford Mustang
09-12-2005, 08:06 PM
Check out the Gears of War thread, that has some screens in it. Also the Oblivion threads have some screen shots that will show you how much better the graphics are.

laughs
09-12-2005, 08:48 PM
I think you're gonna have to see actual gameplay to really appreciate it.

kavas
09-13-2005, 01:23 AM
Screen shots are 'only' screen shots after all - i agree that real game play is the only way you'll be able to compare, but the machine stats alone, mean that future 360 games (if not immediately) are going to be wild!!
Dont forget that the coding system that designers are going to use for the 360 is supposed to be complete different than the original - perhaps it'll take a few games for them to realise its FULL potential?

Nato King
09-13-2005, 05:13 AM
Screen shots are 'only' screen shots after all - i agree that real game play is the only way you'll be able to compare, but the machine stats alone, mean that future 360 games (if not immediately) are going to be wild!!
Dont forget that the coding system that designers are going to use for the 360 is supposed to be complete different than the original - perhaps it'll take a few games for them to realise its FULL potential?

Good post Kavas I was going to say something along that line. Also Welcome to Xboxaddict.com Best site for all your xbox news and information.

My Name is serg Serg_W and I am the Guy that holds everyone togather on this site. lol Maybe not. hahaha :jammin: :jammin:

Shadow20002
09-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Well, only two more months guys....patient at the less.

Duke
09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
roughly eleventy billion times better

Nato King
09-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, only two more months guys....patient at the less.

Serg_w takes a deep breath and says. "Patient 1..2..3.. Patient 1..2..3.." Man I feel much better.

Thanks shadow20002.

Whisper
09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
I can't wait until the system comes and all the overly serious gamers here all say it sucks.. then slam the games because you start with an SMG... because you know it's going to be like that.. they want the games to be playable by everyone, even people who only play once a week

Ford Mustang
09-14-2005, 10:46 PM
That doesn't mean every game is going to be like that. Your logic is flawed.

SPARTAN VI
09-15-2005, 12:36 AM
This many:

http://www.petergustafson.net/photography/gallery/albums/stock/fingers4_2717.jpg

OC Noob
09-15-2005, 12:45 AM
That doesn't mean every game is going to be like that. Your logic is flawed.

Agreed, just because its a next gen console doesn't mean devs are all of a sudden dumb things down more then they already are. There are difficulty settings in most games.

To the original poster, check out gametrailers.com and look at some of the GT-HD videos that are higher resolution. The games will blow you away when you see them first hand (like ^^^^^^ said). Videos and screen shots are only so good.

Look at DIII or HL2 or FEAR on a top of the line PC and realize games like Gears of War already look MUCH better than those games and you will see this gens console games look like dung by comparison.

ps check the trailer for Saint's Row, its only available in low res, but it shows off how cool a GTA style game will be with rag doll physics and the last scene shows how cool simple unscripted events can be with next gen physics. Condemned is also looking much better graphically and overall.

http://www.gametrailers.com/e3_2k5_xb360.php