PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew development on the X-Box

PhantomAphex
08-06-2001, 12:29 PM
I was made aware of what some guy is doing about 3 weeks ago with his Dev Kit.... he's successfully ported MAME and has it running at 100% speed with all the games he's tried.... even Neo Geo games!!!

It's sick..... I remember how the Dreamcast Emulation scene blew up, with almost every low end emulator eventually being ported to the system by the time Sega denounced it. Now, we're going into an era where systems like the X-Box have the technical capability to take it one step further and give us high end emulation of systems like the Neo Geo, possibly then Playstation, and arcade machines!!!

I can't wait for this thing to hit!!!!!!!!! Anyone who says thew Gamecube is going to wipe the floor with the X is...

A) Easily Amused
B) Between 5 - 12 years of age
C) Hasn't looked far enough into our beloved Box

Door69
08-06-2001, 02:05 PM
D) Just plain stupid

Aaron
08-06-2001, 06:23 PM
i also heard about the emulation on xbox issue from a programmer, they had IMPACT running 100% and a beta version of a xbox type bleem running at about 85%. I think its quite exciting, plus with the space available on the discs we should be able to fit like every rom for 5 diff systems on 1 disc, prolly more.