PDA

View Full Version : What comes with the XBox?

HaloUK
02-19-2002, 05:47 AM
Just over 3 weeks 'till I get my sweaty mitts on one so can anyone tell me what comes with the XBox?
I've seen XBox scart leads for sale at £20 (rip-off!) so don't you get one with it? Don't tell me it's a normal ariel lead...

Also, do you get any demos?

Whisper
02-19-2002, 07:54 AM
Looks like youre in the UK, so im not 100% positive, but when I picked up mine(North American)... the standard pack just came with the System, 1 controller, VCR Cables, Power Cord, Instruction and Warranty Booklets... and thats it.

Don't hold me to this if youre not getting the NorthAmerican version.

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
Looks like youre in the UK, so im not 100% positive, but when I picked up mine(North American)... the standard pack just came with the System, 1 controller, VCR Cables, Power Cord, Instruction and Warranty Booklets... and thats it.

Don't hold me to this if youre not getting the NorthAmerican version.
Yep thats what I got with mine the cable to the TV was 3 phono leads (2 for sound and 1 for picture) you've got these inputs on your TV mostly at the front, but I think you might get the RF cable which is a BAD as the 3 phonos both use composite, it's best to have a SCART or S-Video cable if you want to appreciate the quality in picture. I know I've been there, I now got the Advanced AV pack which has S-Video and an optial outputs so if you've got a DTS system run this baby though it and I'm telling you, you won't want to look at any other machine lol

Toder
02-19-2002, 05:21 PM
yeah it comes with the standard A/V hook up. also known as rca cables yellow video, red right channel speaker, and white left channel speaker. i f you don't have these hookups on the back of your tv and just have the regular coxial hook up you'll need to buy an RF adapter. plus it comes with one Xbox controller. and power cord.

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Toder
yeah it comes with the standard A/V hook up. also known as rca cables yellow video, red right channel speaker, and white left channel speaker. i f you don't have these hookups on the back of your tv and just have the regular coxial hook up you'll need to buy an RF adapter. plus it comes with one Xbox controller. and power cord.

All of that and a lot of great times!!! :D

Toder
02-19-2002, 05:25 PM
ohh..demo disc. The only demo disc i have gotten come with the Official Xbox Magazine. which in the US goes for newstand around $9

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Toder
ohh..demo disc. The only demo disc i have gotten come with the Official Xbox Magazine. which in the US goes for newstand around $9

True...also, on every XBox game, it includes demos, too :D

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

me 3, and all the demos and playable were cr@p, I hope they but some decent playable one on the next issue

HaloUK
02-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys!
Looks like I'll have to shell out for the scart lead (these should come as standard). With the DVD remote that shoves the price up to £350! I suppose we gotta help out poor Mr Gates.

Afro Aura
02-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by HaloUK
Thanks for the info guys!
Looks like I'll have to shell out for the scart lead (these should come as standard). With the DVD remote that shoves the price up to £350! I suppose we gotta help out poor Mr Gates.
don't worry mate I'm with you I'm getting a UK XBOX as soon as they come out with SCART Lead, don't need the DVD controller as I have a COOL DVD player. The quality of the UK XBOXs picture will be a lot better as the US they have NTSC signal which has 525 lines and over here we've got PAL with 640 lines, more lines the better the resolution
Yeah I'm just waiting to see the Europes Dead or Alive 3 remix they look BEAUTIFUL on the US XBOX over here we'll have new moves and more costumes ALRIGHT!! come on 14 March 2002

Markus_Kalarkus
02-20-2002, 02:24 PM
congrats dude. xbox is very cool! well anyway if im not mistaken it comes witt the standard cords (standard av pack+power cord) and 1 controller. well of frikin course the xbox:rolleyes:

Markus_Kalarkus
02-20-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

sorry max but not true. doa3 does not come wit demos:(

Afro Aura
02-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus

sorry max but not true. doa3 does not come wit demos:(
I think he was talking about the demos on the OXM, the only game that came with demos is Halo and there cr@p too, OK not all of them but I would have to say with those demos it's not doing the XBOX any favors