http://pepsi.yahoo.com/everyten/images/w1280Madden2.jpg
http://pepsi.yahoo.com/everyten/images/w1280Madden1.jpg

George89
09-15-2005, 07:16 PM
wow.....those graphics are like 100% better than the Madden for Xbox right now

Ninjermy
09-15-2005, 07:19 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

But on the bright side :cool: SWEET SHOTS!

Double_Diablo
09-15-2005, 09:18 PM
At least now it's not pre-rendered BS like the trailer. Looks pretty good.

mattgame
09-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Honestly, I'm not all that impressed.

Double_Diablo
09-15-2005, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I'm not all that impressed.
I'm not that impressed either. It just looks slightly better than current gen games.

mattgame
09-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm not that impressed either. It just looks slightly better than current gen games.

Agreed. I think maybe the current gen Xbox can produce those images if pushed.

Bakeman
09-15-2005, 09:36 PM
wait guys... lol this is just funny...

First off the shots are pretty nice.. BUT they player models looks like apes. They are weird looking... bulging backs, hunched over... just weird. Look at the one with Harrison and the one below it.

Second ... OF COURSE it's not much better. IT'S EA! All they are doing is porting the game over and doing a few adjustments. They'll need to start with a whole new engine if they are going to take advantage of the 360.

Anyways.. decent, probably more of an improvement then I expected, but definitly not more then I had hoped.

Ford Mustang
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
What's with all the jaggies? That's lame. EA = crap.

mattgame
09-15-2005, 10:47 PM
wait guys... lol this is just funny...

First off the shots are pretty nice.. BUT they player models looks like apes. They are weird looking... bulging backs, hunched over... just weird. Look at the one with Harrison and the one below it.

Second ... OF COURSE it's not much better. IT'S EA! All they are doing is porting the game over and doing a few adjustments. They'll need to start with a whole new engine if they are going to take advantage of the 360.

Anyways.. decent, probably more of an improvement then I expected, but definitly not more then I had hoped.

It reminds me of Madden 2001 when PS2 came out. All of the players looked to be about the same size. It's gotta be a little more than a straight port though right?

Ninjermy
09-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, they are screenshots right! There is a big difference between seeing a snapshot and seeing actual video. A video will actually show us how fluidly the players move and HOW they can move.
I dont think anyone should be making that many judgements based on these screens...

Bakeman
09-15-2005, 10:55 PM
It reminds me of Madden 2001 when PS2 came out. All of the players looked to be about the same size. It's gotta be a little more than a straight port though right?

I just read over on the every10minutes site that they built it from the ground up *shrug*
I think port with a few adjustments. but I guess we'll have to wait to find out for sure.

Revolutionary Player Models-3d head scans provide photo-realistic faces and physiques and a level of detail that shows the emotion and intensity of the NFL like never before.

Incredibly Detailed Environments-From the reactions of coaches and players on the sidelines to the seat-level accuracy of thousands of lifelike fans, see details of the stadium that have never been possible before now.

Next Gen Graphical Effects-New graphical engine allows for more realistic lighting and visual effects than ever before.

Redefined Gameplay-Select plays in a whole new way with the innovative playcalling and new picture-in-picture system. Popular features like QB Vision Control and the Hit Stick are also included to make Madden NFL veterans feel right at home.

Sight and Sounds of the NFL-Featuring biased hometown radio announcer, replays and injury reports on the jumbotron, and actual NFL Films on-field audio including hits and player chatter.

Advanced Franchise Mode-The game mode invented by Madden NFL Football comes to the Xbox 360 with new, easy-to-use Player, Team, and Box Score Cards that give you all the information you need to take your team to the top.

Online Play-Find your ideal opponent across the nation using multiple matchmaking options.

Extensive Customization Options-Customize settings, menu music playlists, gameplay controls, strategies, and more.

OC Noob
09-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah, its hard to tell wht its going to look like with a few still shots and EA isn't the most progressive company. I guess we'll wait and see.

Its definitely not going to be looking like games that use the unreal 3 engine.

ps you know the textures don't look all that great. I hope they aren't using old textures from the Xbox version.

SamSmith
09-16-2005, 01:05 AM
yeah im not really impressed either... i think the grass looks low res, and quite flat...

but i suppose it is a start from ea, since its not a pre-rendered shot

y2kash_14
09-16-2005, 02:04 AM
i think those are some pretty nice shots, actually... The grass could look a lot better though...

BORNGD
09-16-2005, 02:25 AM
the shot of tampa bay stadium, it looks like the eagle players on the sidelines are doing a cheer or some sort...looks kind of funny

swivel
09-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Jaggies aren't going away anytime soon, guys. Hope you understand that the next gen of consoles aren't going to be much better than Doom3 on a high-end PC.

Whisper
09-16-2005, 11:11 AM
face it, the graphical jump from the last system to this system isn't going to be jumping over the grand canyon.. more like a creek you find in your back yard

mattgame
09-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Which brings to question is purchasing this next gen stuff worth it? Maybe they should have waited a while on this next gen stuff and focused on pushing the current gen system to it's limits.

Spaztic
09-16-2005, 02:15 PM
ESPN looked better then that!

odpr
09-17-2005, 10:05 AM
true very tru,e I don[t see much diffrence here, the current XBOX can do the same, this could be easly a screen shoot from the current generation.

SamSmith
09-17-2005, 10:22 AM
well lets remind ourselves that its about the gameplay.....

---- and lets remind ourselves that this is an EA game, so it is most likely crap.

Reclaimer
09-17-2005, 10:23 AM
The way I see it, the first batch of games are going to look cool because everyone has had time to mess with the dev kits. Six months to a year down the road after release thats when I think the really bad ass looking games are going to start coming out.

odpr
09-18-2005, 06:24 AM
The way I see it, the first batch of games are going to look cool because everyone has had time to mess with the dev kits. Six months to a year down the road after release thats when I think the really bad ass looking games are going to start coming out.

well that's what they say on the first Xbox and nothing changed in the GFX since the first game, dead or alive showed from day one what the Xbox maximum capability and nothing changed since then (actually most of the games today didn't manage t o reach the amazing gFX of the first dead or alive.)

swivel
09-18-2005, 07:34 AM
well that's what they say on the first Xbox and nothing changed in the GFX since the first game, dead or alive showed from day one what the Xbox maximum capability and nothing changed since then (actually most of the games today didn't manage t o reach the amazing gFX of the first dead or alive.)

You make a great point. Most people don't realize that the models in these games are made with Maya or 3D Studio on PC's. The games are made with as many polygons as possible, and as much stuff in the background as possible. They add the effects they want... and then they run the game on the console's hardware. If they can't get the fps that they want, they simplify the models, remove effects, remove background objects, etc.

The launch games will tax the XBox2 hardware fully. The draw distances, the models, the effects, etc will be adjusted to the limits of the system. Sure, better tools and better use of threads will make future games do a little more, but odpr is correct. What you see at launch is what the XBox2 can do. It won't be like they are using half the processing power.

odpr
09-18-2005, 09:31 AM
You make a great point. Most people don't realize that the models in these games are made with Maya or 3D Studio on PC's. The games are made with as many polygons as possible, and as much stuff in the background as possible. They add the effects they want... and then they run the game on the console's hardware. If they can't get the fps that they want, they simplify the models, remove effects, remove background objects, etc.

The launch games will tax the XBox2 hardware fully. The draw distances, the models, the effects, etc will be adjusted to the limits of the system. Sure, better tools and better use of threads will make future games do a little more, but odpr is correct. What you see at launch is what the XBox2 can do. It won't be like they are using half the processing power.

people say that because they remember the ps two problem that in the beginning it looks like **** and in the next years the games become better and better, what they forget is that Sony is a really hard piece of hardware to program too, and not like Microsoft tools, that let you harness ht power of the machine from day one, there could be slightly changes in the next games as programmers will start to use threads better but that's it basically.,

I would wait for the ps three to see if they could live up to what they say.

bigloser
09-18-2005, 03:40 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/full-res/1127016761.jpg
http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1199/full-res/1127016760.jpg

Double_Diablo
09-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I suppose those two screenshots in the preceeding post look decent but honestly, the Xbox 360 is capable of so much more. Remember the pre-rendered (bullsh*t)trailer that was shown in May? I think fans of Madden were expecting something like that for the next generation.

Bakeman
09-19-2005, 05:11 AM
I wasn't.. only a fool would