PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! My parents are buy IT for me!

ll Mista GT ll
09-16-2005, 06:56 AM
Yes Yes Yes! My parents have decide that my school marks are so good, that they are buying my Xbox 360 on Launch! I'm getting the $499 (Canadian) one.

It's a pretty damed good deal if you ask me,

FEATURES:

* XBOX 360 Hard Drive (20GB): 20GB and detachable, the hard drive allows gamers to store their games, music, downloaded trailers, levels, demos and community-created content from XBOX Live Marketplace and more.
* XBOX 360 Memory Unit (64MB): Easily portable, this lets gamers save games, in-game achievements and unique gamer profiles for quick and easy access on the go. - Sold Separately
* XBOX 360 Wireless Controller: The same hassle-free high-performance precision wireless gaming that comes with the premium edition features the XBOX Guide Button for quick access to digital movies, music and games libraries as well as a range and battery life of up to 30' and 30 hours of life on two "AA" batteries.
* XBOX 360 Play & Charge Kit: This allows plug and play for high-performance, precision wireless gaming with the XBOX 360 Wireless Controller. Gamers will be given ample warning when the end of battery life is nearing so they can connect the Play & Charge cable for uninterrupted play.
* XBOX 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack: This provides up to 25 hours of gameplay for wireless gaming fun.
* XBOX 360 Wireless Networking Adapter: With this, gamers can chat with friends and play games via XBOX Live, as well as stream videos and music to XBOX 360 from a Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC, all without the clutter of wires. - Sold Separately
* XBOX 360 Headset: This heightens the XBOX Live experience by letting gamers strategize with team-mates or trash-talk opponents while playing games.
* XBOX 360 Universal Media Remote: This integrated control center for the entire digital experience lets consumers play DVDs, movies and music, as well as control a TV and their Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PC controls with a single controller.
* XBOX 360 VGA HD AV Cable: Gamers can experience high-definition gaming on flat-panel TV or VGA monitors. This cable provides optimal audio and video signal transfer.
* Ethernet Cable, Detachable Faceplate, Xbox Live

.*Please Note: Releasing November 2005.

My cap for what i buy is 500 though. I pay the rest. But I'll get more money from Grad and Confirmation, so It's gonna rock!

EDIT: Link: hereZorz (http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10066139&catid=#)

EDIT 2: Are you going to get the 360 With the money you earned (worked for) , OR, as a gift from parent/gaurdian/loved one. :D

swivel
09-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Congrats, man! Just make sure you don't play so much you're grades suffer.

ll Mista GT ll
09-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Congrats, man! Just make sure you don't play so much you're grades suffer.

:D Oh, beliebe me, that wont happen (my parents make sure I DO EVERYTHING this year!)

IT"S GONNA BE SOOO MUCH FUN! I might even be "sick" on that day :p :watchout:

Shadow20002
09-16-2005, 09:03 AM
How about the games?

mattgame
09-16-2005, 09:04 AM
What's it like to have money?

Whisper
09-16-2005, 09:06 AM
Dude my mommy is buying it tooooo!!! heeeee eeeeee man i cant wait to play barbies horse adventure!!! i heard hilary duff is on the soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!

Shadow20002
09-16-2005, 09:17 AM
I have a feelling that my credit card get used to it.

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 09:38 AM
What's it like to have money?

I don't know. I heard it's cool.

mattgame
09-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I don't know. I heard it's cool.

Yeah me too. I also heard that it's green with numbers on it or something like that.

Duke
09-16-2005, 10:00 AM
beliebe me your paresnts are not buy it for yuo

laughs
09-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah me too. I also heard that it's green with numbers on it or something like that.

From what I understand, in Canada money comes in all different colors. I hear there are purple ones, green ones, red ones, and brown ones..... Although all I see are blue ones, so I don't know if that was all true or not.

Burr4golf10
09-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Its great that yall have mommy and daddy to run to and let them by it for you...Me on the other hand is in a Va Tech DormRoom and has to work extra hard while managing college classes along with books and ext.....Way too go..Ill Love your mom and dad too if they by me one :)

laughs
09-16-2005, 12:46 PM
lol, why isn't "no, I'm buying one myself" a choice?

Salmonaitor
09-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Dude my mommy is buying it tooooo!!! heeeee eeeeee man i cant wait to play barbies horse adventure!!! i heard hilary duff is on the soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!!
Holla!!!!!
Ok, how is it that it's now 2 weeks into the school year, and your grades are so good that your folks are buying you a 360? :watchout:

me thinks I smell aaaaa(bullsh1t)choooo

ll Mista GT ll
09-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Holla!!!!!
Ok, how is it that it's now 2 weeks into the school year, and your grades are so good that your folks are buying you a 360? :watchout:

Fine. You can be stupid and talk ****. Afterall, I can't prove it, but see you all on launch day on XBOX LIVE GOLD. (BTW, what games are live compatable? All of them Im guessing, right? I hope NFS:MW is! Also, the only thing they are buying is the bundle. I have to buy everything else I want myself.

:hardcore:

EDIT: What games are you guys gonna get on launch? (I wish I could get the Ultimate Bundle at EB games.

ll Mista GT ll
09-16-2005, 03:10 PM
BTW Salmy,

What's your Xbox 360 Live Gamertag going to be? Just want to know so we can talk when we ge the system ;)

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 06:37 PM
lol, why isn't "no, I'm buying one myself" a choice?

Yeah man, whats up with that? How about.. I'll buy it myself?

It's cool that your mom and dad will buy you one. At least you have parents that would.
Keep that in mind. No matter how stuck up it sounds that your parents are doing that.. at least you have some.

TheCovenant
09-16-2005, 08:28 PM
im buying my own. Ive already saved up a lil under 400, and still got several weeks to spare. Im getting the premium package, 399, and 4 games.

I wanted games that have been in development for awhile, to avoid getting any rushed games:

Call of Duty 2
Quake 4
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

and for the heck of it,

Perfect dark 0.

See you on xbox live gold, as ill have no money to go out and be social :/

J3bus WTF
09-16-2005, 08:31 PM
From what I understand, in Canada money comes in all different colors. I hear there are purple ones, green ones, red ones, and brown ones..... Although all I see are blue ones, so I don't know if that was all true or not.
Yes, it is true.

ShadedNine
09-16-2005, 08:41 PM
It's true and you have no idea how much easier it is to pull the right bill from your wallet without flipping through them.

As for the xbox360, unless I can find a *really* clever excuse for why it needs to go on the expense account, I'll be counting on a card made of plastic to buy it for me.

...Hey, *pokes up*...where in Alberta?

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 09:19 PM
It's true and you have no idea how much easier it is to pull the right bill from your wallet without flipping through them.

As for the xbox360, unless I can find a *really* clever excuse for why it needs to go on the expense account, I'll be counting on a card made of plastic to buy it for me.

...Hey, *pokes up*...where in Alberta?

Color coding your money is a pretty swift idea.
I just sort my bills from smallest to largest, right to left in my wallet.

ll Mista GT ll
09-17-2005, 09:35 AM
im buying my own. Ive already saved up a lil under 400, and still got several weeks to spare. Im getting the premium package, 399, and 4 games.

I wanted games that have been in development for awhile, to avoid getting any rushed games:

Call of Duty 2
Quake 4
The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

and for the heck of it,

Perfect dark 0.

See you on xbox live gold, as ill have no money to go out and be social :/

See ya on Gold then :) *I CANT FRIGGIN WAIT!*

Oh and Rec, It's actually pretty fair that they are. I've bought al my consoles myself. Right down to N64. They figured this time around that since I'm going crazy about, and since my marks are up (wayyy batter than last year) They'd buy me this. :confused:

As for the poll, i had to go to school, and I forgot. If a Mod could add it in though, that'd be great :) Thanks

laughs
09-17-2005, 09:44 AM

Ummmmmmm, I was kidding guys

Goku_69
09-17-2005, 11:45 AM
i am going halfs with my parents on it cause my b-day is in november, but i am going to keep tring to win one with my mountain dew points then i will just get 4 or 5 games and extra controllers

J4320
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
I put that someone was buying it for me on the poll because I guess that's basically what's happening for me.

I get the premium(if that's the better one, yeah I know, I'm a n00b about this) one from www.free360xbox.com shipped to me when it comes out.

And just out of curiosity.... How old are you xboxfreakkid? 12?

Nameless
09-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Did you say money from grad AND confirmation? Does confirmation happen in what grade 6? So you're "graduating" from elementary school this year? Haha, congrats I guess? Anyway if I want the 360 I'll have to buy it, and since I think paying $500 for a gaming system is a bit much, I'll wait a few months. Though it'll kill me to have to wait longer to play Oblivion.

ll Mista GT ll
09-18-2005, 09:07 AM
And just out of curiosity.... How old are you xboxfreakkid? 12?

I just turned 13 a couple of weaks go :P

Did you say money from grad AND confirmation? Does confirmation happen in what grade 6? So you're "graduating" from elementary school this year? Haha, congrats I guess? Anyway if I want the 360 I'll have to buy it, and since I think paying $500 for a gaming system is a bit much, I'll wait a few months. Though it'll kill me to have to wait longer to play Oblivion.

In our schools, Confirmation happenes in Grade 8. And yuppers, Grade 9 next yeat! w00t... :yikes: Your right about paying too much, but if you could make it into a computer with those specs, Jeese, TRIPLE CORE 3.2 GHz Processor! With al the technology in the 360, it really could sell for way more! Because If you wanted to build a PC with those specs, how much would you be spending? 1K +? (Correct me if I'm wrong :) )

Nameless
09-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm not really electronically inclined, so specs don't tell me anything. Besdies that, the only game I'm hyped for is Oblivion. So I can't exactly justify spending $560 for one game.

MixMasta
09-18-2005, 02:03 PM
See ya on Gold then :) *I CANT FRIGGIN WAIT!*

Oh and Rec, It's actually pretty fair that they are. I've bought al my consoles myself. Right down to N64. They figured this time around that since I'm going crazy about, and since my marks are up (wayyy batter than last year) They'd buy me this. :confused:

As for the poll, i had to go to school, and I forgot. If a Mod could add it in though, that'd be great :) Thanks

If you are 13, and N64 came out in like 1996, that would make you like 4 years old when it came out. What kind of jobs are out there for 4 year olds? You've bought all your consoles yourself with the money your parents gave you. That's not purchasing them on your own dude.

m4oH
09-18-2005, 02:41 PM
after reading this thread, im going to now go outside and go on a maniac killing spree.

ll Mista GT ll
09-18-2005, 02:58 PM
If you are 13, and N64 came out in like 1996, that would make you like 4 years old when it came out. What kind of jobs are out there for 4 year olds? You've bought all your consoles yourself with the money your parents gave you. That's not purchasing them on your own dude.

I never said anything about mw being 4 when I bough it..... :confused:

And, my parents didn't give me the money to but me consoles. I was in grade 3 when I got n64. The money with which I bought it with was for First Comunion. Do I also have to tell tou my whole life story? o.0

And m4oH, you go ahead and do that. I'll catch up on you later. :moody:

Ford Mustang
09-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I'll end up buying it myself, but I think I might end up asking my parents not to get me anything for my birthday and just get that for me when it comes out, and pay half of it. If not, I'll just buy it myself.

ll Mista GT ll
09-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I'll end up buying it myself, but I think I might end up asking my parents not to get me anything for my birthday and just get that for me when it comes out, and pay half of it. If not, I'll just buy it myself.

that's a really good idea. :cheers: hope it works.

J4320
09-18-2005, 05:40 PM
I never said anything about mw being 4 when I bough it..... :confused:

And, my parents didn't give me the money to but me consoles. I was in grade 3 when I got n64. The money with which I bought it with was for First Comunion. Do I also have to tell tou my whole life story? o.0

And m4oH, you go ahead and do that. I'll catch up on you later. :moody:

What exactly is first communion? Isn't that a catholic thing? And why do you get paid for it?

ll Mista GT ll
09-18-2005, 06:13 PM
What exactly is first communion? Isn't that a catholic thing? And why do you get paid for it?

Yes, It's a "Catholic thing" . You don't get paid, silly. It's just for gifts. You get lots of gold jewlery too... It's kind of weird :moody: (I dont even wear half the stuff - They all still fit me though :p)

LeoBreaker
09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
i could probably get away with getting some money put toward it for a christmas present but more than likely i will be paying for most of it

TheCovenant
09-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Yes, It's a "Catholic thing" . You don't get paid, silly. It's just for gifts. You get lots of gold jewlery too... It's kind of weird :moody: (I dont even wear half the stuff - They all still fit me though :p)

i think what everyone is getting at is that you never "workd" for your consoles. Getting money for your brithday, or communion, or confirmation, or graduation, or even christmas doesnt count. You have to go out there and have your own income to say you bought the consoles, otherwise, you were, and currently are, pampered.

Nameless
09-18-2005, 07:45 PM
i think what everyone is getting at is that you never "workd" for your consoles. Getting money for your brithday, or communion, or confirmation, or graduation, or even christmas doesnt count. You have to go out there and have your own income to say you bought the consoles, otherwise, you were, and currently are, pampered.
:hail:
Nicely done sir.

ll Mista GT ll
09-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Oh. Ok. :p lol Whatever. Till i'm 16, guess I'll "be pampered" :hump:

But.... I want everyone to read the first post...

And cut the thread off here :)

CUT---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CUT

XxPunkerxX
09-20-2005, 03:17 PM
I have to work for the money to get my 360 and im 15

r3lik1
09-20-2005, 03:30 PM
well i haven't lived with mommy and daddy for 3 years now, so i doubt they will b buying anything for me!
So looks like im gonna be saving $$$$