PDA

View Full Version : anyone know if the Monster HD cable will work?

xbox360 wannabe
09-16-2005, 12:02 PM
see subject. I bought the Monster HD cable for my old xbox anyone know if it will work on the 360 one? If so I doint have to get the $399 Xbox Hd ready pack and save myself 100 bucks for other xbox stuff? thx

Double_Diablo
09-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Nope. All old accessories won't work.

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Like Diablo said. Cables won't work from the original Xbox. It will all be proprietary. The only thing that's going to work from the original Xbox is your Live communicator and the WiFi adapter. That's pretty much it.

But fear not..
The 360 core package will come with S video cables and the deluxe package will come with component video cables.

Hold on to your monster cables and your original Xbox. Since saved games and saved content from your original Xbox will not run on the 360, despite it being backward compatible with that specific game, I'd keep the original Xbox on the side. You can still use those monsters for that Xbox.

ShadedNine
09-16-2005, 09:11 PM
On top of that, even if you could use your old AV pack, you'd still want the core package if you plan to play online. The HD alone covers the extra $100.

P.S. Monster Cabling is garbage. You can get 5x better cables for about 1/2 the price :)

The stores only push it because of the enormous markup, and they display it prominently because they are paid handsomly to do so. In fact, many retail chains (i've worked for a few) that sell Monster Cables keep close track of their "Monster %", as in $ of monster cable sold out of total $ revenue.

Reclaimer
09-16-2005, 09:14 PM
P.S. Monster Cabling is garbage. You can get 5x better cables for about 1/2 the price

A little late, he already bought them. But.. knowing is half the battle.