PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 vs. PS3

Mwright
09-20-2005, 03:30 PM
i need to kno if it will b wroth getting the xbox 360 or 2 wait n get the PS3... now i own a xbox and would like to get a 360 because the price isnt that bad 4 400 and the PS3 is looking like its gonna b a LOT more....so please can some1 give me so reasons to why i should the next xbox or wait 4 playstation 3..

laughs
09-20-2005, 05:16 PM
Get the 360, because it's super sexy and you can sleep with it a lot sooner than you could with the ps3.

swivel
09-20-2005, 09:15 PM
My gut is telling me that the Xbox2 will be best for online gamers, and the PS3 will be better for single-player gamers. Both will be getting most of the same games, and the games will look nearly the same on both systems, because they will be coded for the slower of the two. Toss in the few franchises, like Halo vs. Killzone - Conker vs. Ratchet - PGR vs. GT, which pretty much cancel each other out. But if you are hooked on one of those, go with that system.

I don't think genre will be as much of an issue this generation. Should be good cross-platform RPG's this time around. And more 3rd party developers are getting on the XBox this time, so more variety of games.

Honestly, the question comes more down to whether or not you want an XBoxPS or a Nintendo. The XBox2 and PS3 are going to be very similar machines as far as content and interface go. The Nintendo will be something else altogether. So I really doubt which of the two you are contemplating will make much difference.

For what it is worth, I'm thinking about laying low for the year. Some decent games are coming out for the current gen on all three systems, so I could be gaming well by the time all three new systems are out. I'm a tad worried about Balmer's recent remarks about an XBox 2.5 system. Sounds like they are going to release an upgraded XBox2 when the PS3 comes out. I would hate to blow $400 on an XBox2, when a better one comes out 5 months later.

A good time to decide might be the next E3. Launch titles are never the best a system has to offer anyway. If you get an XBox2 6 months after launch, it will be $100 cheaper, and games will be selling for $20 in the Greatest Hits boxes.

ll Mista GT ll
09-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Basicly, in a nutshell, you'll be able to touch other people with the xbox 360, while with the PS3, you'll have to touch yourself.... :eek:

Naw man, get the Xbox 360. Check out the trailers and all that shizils. It looks really great. plus, It'll probably be cheaper than the Ps3.

The only good thing about the PS3 is that it "Can bring back the dead" :rofl:

laughs
09-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Basicly, in a nutshell, you'll be able to touch other people with the xbox 360, while with the PS3, you'll have to touch yourself.... :eek:

Naw man, get the Xbox 360. Check out the trailers and all that shizils. It looks really great. plus, It'll probably be cheaper than the Ps3.

The only good thing about the PS3 is that it "Can bring back the dead" :rofl:

Yeah, if you have a dead relative that you want brought back, I'd probably wait for the ps3... Unless they're false advertising. :eek:

r3lik1
09-21-2005, 08:38 AM
or u could just get them both!!!
if u dont have the cash, u could always sell a liver on the black market! that alone should be able to buy 3 or 4 of each system and all the games!!!!

laughs
09-21-2005, 08:44 AM
or u could just get them both!!!
if u dont have the cash, u could always sell a liver on the black market! that alone should be able to buy 3 or 4 of each system and all the games!!!!

lol sell a liver??? Maybe I'll sell a piece of my liver, after all, it does regenerate to it's original size in two weeks.

r3lik1
09-21-2005, 08:45 AM
there ya go!!!! see we got it all figured out!!!

OC Noob
09-21-2005, 03:26 PM
I'LL TRANSPLANT!!!

/raises hand high in air

PICK ME!
PICK ME!
PICK ME!

ll Mista GT ll
09-21-2005, 08:27 PM
lol sell a liver??? Maybe I'll sell a piece of my liver, after all, it does regenerate to it's original size in two weeks.

Does fat sell for a lot on the Black market? I have a lot of fat I could give away :p

mattgame
09-21-2005, 08:47 PM

Is that true?

laughs
09-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Is that true?

Yup, it's actually true... The liver has the ability to regenerate :hump:

vman
09-22-2005, 01:14 PM
it all depends on what kind of games you like. if you like FPS and a lot of them, go with 360. if you like japanese rpg's then go with ps3. they will both have basically the same sports games and tom clancy series. other genres like extreme sports, racing, platform, etc. they will both have their fare share. in the end, you will get a supurb gaming experience. the PS3 will have more powerful hardware but the 360 will sell more just because it came out first. so if its power you want, get PS3. but power doesnt mean **** until developors take advantage of that power. perfect example is xbox. xbox is more powerful than PS2 but most developers didnt do anything with that power. if money is the issue, get the cheaper one.

there are so many things to consider that have to be evaluated by yourself. make your own decision. personally, im xbox all the way. but then again i am an anti-ps fanboy, but thats just me.

wackyanimation
09-23-2005, 07:07 PM
woot! regenerating livers on the black market! who will make the insision?

AlphaRaptor
09-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Get the 360, because it's super sexy and you can sleep with it a lot sooner than you could with the ps3.
Greatest. Line. Ever.

:hail:

OC Noob
09-23-2005, 11:25 PM
You know whats freakin sweet is heart transplants.

Its hard to believe that we can replace all these organs, but can't mass produce a car that gets 50 MPG (that isn't a crackerjack box running on disel).

ps did anyone see any media about the dude that converts water to hydrogen to run industrial blow-tourches and converted his truck over to the same system? Very cool vehicle that runs on water. He also has a gas/water hybrid.

Herne theHunter
09-24-2005, 04:16 AM
The real question I have for you Mwright (who started this forum) is WHY was there even the need to ask the question. The answer is QUITE obvious, hands down - X360 - for it has a number of advantages.

1) First, and formost, release date...X360 hits shelves Nov. 22...PS3 not until March (at least)
2) Far surperior graphics capability - for proof, just compare graphics quality of Xbox to PS2, or look at screen shots of upcoming games for X360 and PS3 (perfect example PGR 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
3) Price - while we already know the prices for the two packagings of the X360, notice that Sony hasn't given any word as to the cost of the PS3, and a good part of that has to do w/ the cost they are having to pay for certain components, such as the blu-ray drive they decided to go with (which, if you haven't heard, is costing them $100 per unit...yes, I DID say $100/unit).
4) Specs - If you compare the specs of each system, as reported by each company, you will see that each one has advantages over the other for various points, but, remember, these ARE the specs as reported by the companies, and since the systems are still (at least to some extent) in developement, there ARE two things to consider. First, companies HAVE been know to lie about this type of stuff to throw off their competitors, and second, as developement continues, specs HAVE been known to change (usually for the better).

Smiley7853
09-24-2005, 06:53 AM
Let me get this straight, this dude is on a site called X-Box addicts, and asks everyones opinion on if he should get a X-Box 360 or PS3 without knowing what everyone would answer? :watchout:

Mwright
09-24-2005, 12:46 PM
no im getting my 360 i just think its fun 2 ask stuff like this sometimes n c what every1 says back

TheCovenant
09-24-2005, 01:12 PM
its never been a biased site, if thats what you're implying. We used to have a forum called "debate" where the console wars used to take place. Yes, the shores of xba met with the cruelty and malice of the console wars, and there were many who would never have stood for microsofts name. In fact, you can find many right now, who are in serious doubt of the 360's capabilities.

Mwright
09-24-2005, 03:10 PM
all i kno is the xbox 360 is gonna b a good system just like ps3 will b n i still dunno about nintendo but as long as we have theses "console wars" we can have lower prices on games...with 1 system out there thats the only good the prices would b through the roof......XBOX 360 ROCKS