PDA

View Full Version : cheep perfect addon for xbox

Spaztic
02-19-2002, 12:56 PM
I just missed the deal of a century!
toshiba 43 inch projection screen tv for under $600
http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=1&cat=24&scat=&e=11042231

I called the warehouse and they said they were sold out in my area (midwest)! So maybe someone somewhere else might have luck. Bestbuy said they update their site with unposted deals all the time without letting anyone know, and this kinda deal is very common!

www.bestbuy.com/hotdeals

I got this info from www.fatwallet.com they have a whole bunch of free and very cheep deals going on all the time! Check this site out our you will missout for sure!

Let me know if anyone has any luck!:eek:

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 12:59 PM
D a m n! I just bought a new Toshiba 43" TV...and, it definately wasn't under $600!! But, I got a widescreen HDTV...that's what I wanted anyway. But, that is a pretty good deal, that's for sure! :)

GokuX
02-19-2002, 12:59 PM
Aren't games bad for projection screens?

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Aren't games bad for projection screens?

They can be...but, you have to calibrate your TV, as Lynxfx and Hugh shared with me. Also, it's important to calibrate the contrast...make it lower.

The HDTV that I just bought actually has a technology in it in which the screen moves just slightly...not enough for the naked eye to notice. It moves in tiny increments, therefore, reducing, and even eliminating, burn in. Cool, huh!? :)

GokuX
02-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Well, that's a handy little feature built in there Max. Yeah, I've always heard that U wanna make sure brightness and contrast should be lowered on projection TVs. I kinda have an incling for a projector myself, but I suppose this Trinitron will just hafta do for a couple of years. Baah too much technology, too much $$$. 6 figures just don't go as far as they used too hehe.

Spaztic
02-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Yeah it isn't a hdtv...but for under 600 you really can't go wrong! I was going to get it just to play games on!

l Maximus l
02-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Yeah it isn't a hdtv...but for under 600 you really can't go wrong! I was going to get it just to play games on!

Dude, it's still a sweet TV! And, you're right! That's a great deal for a TV of that size! Even if it's not an HDTV, the fact that it's a projection TV, it will have Component inputs...which makes the graphics look the sharpest possible! So, yeah...that's a great deal! :)

RudedogX
02-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Well, that's not available on the east coast either! ****! Oh well, i just got a 27" samsung flat screen for 450, now i'm ****ed!

Snoopy7548
02-19-2002, 02:23 PM
i play my xbox on my 50 inch rear projection tv. i havent had any problems, all i do is lower the contrast. the most ive played is like 5 hours and nothing bad has happened.....yet:eek:

Spaztic
02-19-2002, 04:12 PM
yeah my friend has a projection tv and he plays games about 8 hrs a day. no burn in, no problem. The burn in warning is just to cover the companys ass!

LynxFX
02-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Too bad this deal is a mistake. I tried getting in on it but they aren't taking orders and are investigating any that were placed. Bummer.