PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Dark Will be to 360 What Halo Was to Xbox

Nato King
09-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Those were words from Microsoft at a recent presentation where they revealed their Xbox 360 retail launch plans to 329 Gamestation store staff exclusive, getting ready to bring this year’s hottest product out to their costumers. The presentation was held by product managers Murray Pannell and Brett Siddons, and their exact words were;

"If you take one thing away from this conference, then it must be that Perfect Dark Zero will be to 360 what Halo was to the original Xbox,”

link (http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=513)

FB-Gollum
09-23-2005, 07:08 AM
Great, um, somehow I doubt it.

StudioAlex
09-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I have little faith in that one coming true.

Nato King
09-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Great, um, somehow I doubt it.

I was waiting for someone to bring it up but I didn't think it would be the first post. I totally agree with you guys. What are they thinking. I would say that halo is to xbox like halo3 is to xbox360. hahaha

swivel
09-23-2005, 12:29 PM
I was waiting for someone to bring it up but I didn't think it would be the first post. I totally agree with you guys. What are they thinking. I would say that halo is to xbox like halo3 is to xbox360. hahaha

God, I hope not. I hope this next generation of expensive gaming has more to offer than a sequel. If not, just release Halo3 on the XBox and I'll be happy.

laughs
09-23-2005, 12:30 PM
They're just building hype, that's what they are supposed to do.... But anyway, you know what hype did? Hype **** himself.

studepaber
09-23-2005, 01:46 PM
You all will be taking back everything you said in 11 days when you see PD0 gameplay at X05. On a side note can't wait to see other games like PG3, Oblivion and COD2 (all of which I have pre-ordered).

RockTheCasba
09-23-2005, 02:05 PM
perfect dark will be pretty awesome but i doubt it will be what halo was on xbox

vman
09-23-2005, 03:19 PM
i dont think any other game will do what halo did to any console anytime soon.

StudioAlex
09-23-2005, 05:55 PM
PArt of what made Halo Halo was that no one believed it was going to be amazing until they read the initial gushing reviews and then got it home and played it. REally, the next Halo would be a new property like Gears of War or maybe a title that has little buzz around it yet. MS was very fortunate that Halo turned out as the amazing game it did. Personally, I think Oblivion will be the killer app for the 360, but that's more reflective of my personal taste. I don't expect it to sell 10 million copies.

ShadedNine
09-23-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm certainly all for seeing more new ideas and franchises hit the gaming scene. There's far too much rerun fever around, and far too few games that will become the "classics" of the future (like Halo).

SloppyMcProfey
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
PD0 Look's sweet but my Vote toward the PD0 is to xbox360 as halo was to xbox..PD0 is a prequel to her sis (PD on nintedo 64) I think that Gears of War might give PD0 a run for her Money...hahaha

laughs
10-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Gear of Wars will be great... At least it looks that way. Hope it's even half as good as it looks.

Jackyboy
10-23-2005, 03:57 PM
i personally cant wait for huxley, 5,000 people in one battle just sounds amazing

Double_Diablo
10-23-2005, 05:41 PM
i personally cant wait for huxley, 5,000 people in one battle just sounds amazing
The developers said 5000 people per server, not per battle. Just think of World of Warcraft or Everquest for a moment. Now think of it completely in first person perspective. Now put that in the future, with guns instead of swords and humans instead of elfs and whatnot. That's basically what Huxley will be.

Whisper
10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
Sales wise, it will be the highest selling launch game. So in effect, they're not lying.

Ninjermy
10-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Perfect Dark has done nothing to be special or outstanding as far as my thoughts on it. Although neither did Halo1 right away, so I guess if they can just make it a balanced game with a great storyline, multiplayer, and singleplayer it does have the potential of halo. But then again so does any game...

Shadow20002
10-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Have coop-mode then is the bomb.

Brevity
10-23-2005, 07:24 PM
The first one did so many things new and diffrent. It offered loads of extras and plenty of fresh ideas. It had a great story and multi player elements. It even offered 3 or 4 of the old maps from Goldeneye. This game looks to be one sad follow up.

BORNGD
10-23-2005, 08:20 PM
of course they are going to say that...

Nameless
10-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Why would Microsoft tell me their game is going to be boring and over-rated?

vman
10-23-2005, 10:17 PM
the latest vids of PD0 look amazing. i dont know about "halo calibur" gameplay but damn, it looks and sounds freakin sweeet.

ShadedNine
10-23-2005, 11:32 PM
It's hard to say how the game will perform just from watching it or looking at screens. Think back to Goldeneye, which did for the N64 what Halo did for Xbox...It wasn't a game that stood out in any particular way. The graphics and such were good, but not through the roof. There were no drastically new elements added to the game. It was just a culmination of perfect balance, level design, etc, all coming together to make one helluva game.

That doesn't mean PDZ will pull off the same thing, but I'm willing to give it that chance before I condemn it. If you ask me, Goldeneye was better than the original PD, which started to feel cliche.

swivel
10-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Have coop-mode then is the bomb.

:cheers:

SH4MR0CK
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Perfect Dark Zero looks like a great game but i don't think anyone can match how good halo is.

swivel
10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Perfect Dark Zero looks like a great game but i don't think anyone can match how good halo is.

The Halo fanboyness is starting to grate....

Sigh.

You can't stop progress, boys. If you think Halo will always be the best game ever, I mean, seriously?! I guess someone said that about Pong one day. And then Pac Man. And Super Mario Bros. And Zelda. And Street Fighter. And Doom. And Ultima. And Return to Zork. And Goldeneye. And Half Life.

Do you really think that all progress in gaming has stopped with Halo?

Anyone?

Trust me when I say this, because I can actually remember the last 15 years of my life, and apply that knowledge towards an understanding of the probable future: A Halo game will not be the best game on the XBox2. It will be a game you haven't heard about yet. Just like Halo was once... a complete unknown.

Which is why we still game. Because of those great franchises that come along, zenith, and peeter out. Like Tomb Raider did. But let's not let Halo cling to our fanboyness too long like Tomb Raider did. Let's be able to appreciate a game that was good for its time and move on.

I think too many people want more Halo games thinking that they will feel the same way they did when they first booted up Halo many years ago. It won't happen. You've already seen that. Everything now will be sequels, and feel dated, like Halo 2 did.

From what I've seen, Gears of War looks to be far more superior than the Halo games, and we shouldn't expect to see next-gen stuff for another year.

This concludes my rant.

SH4MR0CK
10-24-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree with you that gears of war looks great personally I think that that looks like a better game than PD0. I do think that a game will come along and be better than halo but PD0 is not. I actually think that gears of war will come closer to being as great as halo.