PDA

View Full Version : So are Ultimate Spiderman or Mortal Kombat:SM any good?

OC Noob
09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Anyone playing them, are they good, bad, or what?

Thanks.

Goku_69
09-26-2005, 08:41 AM
i bought mk. i really like it . aspecially if u have a person to do the co op with. my buddy told me ultimate spider-man is really good also

OC Noob
09-27-2005, 01:15 AM
Tomorrow I get U-Spiderman!!!

mrmp3
09-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Shaolin Monks to be honest I found disappointing. A lot of what made the demo enjoyable falls apart after the levels from the demos. It sounds like totally different voice actors that are just so bad, especially the "lay it on me Raiden" bit from Johnny Cage really sticking out, along with the Sonya Baraka cutscene where she basically says boohoo we beat you your cheating. Corny can be funny but in this game it's just not enjoyable at all. Another thing that stinks is the upgrades. There are no levels, just get EXP by doing combos and such. Well when you get to the level where you fight Reptile, there are these clay or stone warriors (forgot what they were) which have shields. Me and my friend kind of exploited a bug where we got one to be lured into the swamp while we just did jump attacks to the other one who kept turning back and forth. He has a shield so it did no damage. what's the problem? Ko-op hits start giving you serious exp after a while. We had all our moves unlocked by then. Secondly team moves, the way to execute them isn't documented to well in the game. The most successful attempts usually involved one person standing still not facing the other characters and the other player run up behind and do R + Black (I think). Liu Kang's fatality and mutality sucked balls. Kung Lao's mutality sucks and his fatality is kind of cool since you see the enemies ribs and stuff but it just gets old fast. This is defintely a rental, but with other co-op titles like X-Men Legends II and Gauntlet Seven Sorrows at year's end, I'm hard pressed to recommending a purchase. Though the vs. mode was fairly entertaining. It's hard to scale the game. Oh yea, framerate issues. After the Sonya/Baraka cutscene you run into Johnny Cage (I don't consider these spoilers cuz you get to all of this within the first hour) and when you jump down from the wall to aid him in killing the Tarkata the game just drops so bad in framerate. Also Liu Kang's keep kicking midair move where it looks like he's leaning back mid-air and doing the river dance on their face, the animation resets and he teleports back where you executed the move. Kind of weak. But yea not worth a purchase, ko-op is krazy fun for a little bit.

Drakon678
09-30-2005, 12:23 AM
MK is a great game, best MK since the snes ones IMO. I didn't catch ANY framerate issues so go for it. If you are an MK fan, get a buddy in on it and play. Coop games are hard to come by and enjoy em while they last. As for U Spiderman, got that too. Great game but very short, 4 and 1/2 hours about. However, very fun running around the city as venom seeing how much you can destroy before being taken down by SHIELD.

firewave
09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
MK:SM is a lot of fun. It's our best hope of getting a God of War style game on the Xbox. Plus,the co-op mode rules.