PDA

View Full Version : Origenxbox360 website

Nato King
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Today Microsoft finally confirmed that they are behind the Origenxbox360 website (Like we didn’t know that already…). However, this is the first time they have officially talked about the site, and I bet some of you are just dying to find out what they said.

Update: Here is the email in full.

London, 26 September 2005

The forthcoming launch of the next-generation-defining console, the Xbox 360, is the most hotly anticipated launch this year. Origen. Xbox promises a gamers paradise. What is paradise for gamers? We think we know. What do you think?

The internet is already buzzing with rumours. Is Origen the announcement of Halo 3? Is it an Xbox 360 shop on Times Square, is it the announcement on an Unreal Engine 3-powered Fable sequel.......?

Or is it just another frankly weird Microsoft marketing campaign? - Ed)

Origen is? The debut of next generation gaming. A real place dedicated to gaming pleasures. A place to play Xbox 360 before anyone else. A place to play all the Xbox 360 launch titles. A place to take on other gamers.

How do you get to Origen? Over 600,000 gamers have already tried to find out. They find a page at www.origenxbox360.com, but paradise is not there yet. The gates of Origen open soon. The European race for entry into Origen starts on 27 September 2005.

Where: www.origenxbox360.com

When: 27 September 2005

Wanted: European gamers to apply

Source: Microsoft

ll Mista GT ll
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
19 Hours baby! too bad the site probably has nothing to offer us... :( I'd eat the apples thought! :p

Nato King
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
19 Hours baby! too bad the site probably has nothing to offer us... :( I'd eat the apples thought! :p

ya I might even cook a rabbit or two. hahaha I hear rabbit is pretty good.HMMMM

laughs
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Ahhhhh yes, the Donnie Darkoish website... The bunny, the countdown... Expect us all to die when this thing is all said and done.

ll Mista GT ll
09-26-2005, 03:20 PM
ya I might even cook a rabbit or two. hahaha I hear rabbit is pretty good.HMMMM

Same... though I haven't bared to taste it.. I hear that they explode in your stomach :eek:

FatBox
09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Damn Europeans!

StudioAlex
09-26-2005, 09:45 PM
THe unveiling of Halo 3 would have been way sexier.

Smiley7853
09-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Ahhhhh yes, the Donnie Darkoish website... The bunny, the countdown... Expect us all to die when this thing is all said and done.

I don't know, I thought that (F*****g popups) movie was pretty cool, but I suppose I'll take the bait as far as the "gamers paridise" goes

Nato King
09-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Check out the site now awsome. http://www.origenxbox360.com/

Jackyboy
09-27-2005, 06:45 AM
microsoft is weird..

Nato King
09-27-2005, 06:56 AM
When you Enter the Origen site you can right click on the flash animation and press play. The same tree will then be revealed, but now with flags hanging from it representing each European country that can participate in the contest. If you don’t see the new website, open the page in a new window before you press play. Click on the country you live and then double click the flag again. The two rabbits will appear telling to click on the fruit. After you are done with all the clicking and the animation is over you will presented to a contest page where you can enter the race for Origen. You will have to answer all the questions correctly, if you answer is wrong you are out of the race. However, you can refer up to 9 friends to the contest and each time you do you will get another chance to enter the contest.

http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/607_1110.jpg

ll Mista GT ll
09-27-2005, 07:02 AM
I knew this would really suck. Typical.

Nato King
09-27-2005, 07:07 AM
I knew this would really suck. Typical.

what really makes me mad :cuss: is that there is no bermudain flag. :cuss:

StudioAlex
09-27-2005, 07:31 AM
Wow. That psychedelic bunny dance sequence lasted way too long. Dissapointing site.

Whisper
09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Wow! An internet website mystery that was similar to Ilovebees! And it SUCKED! Wow! I had no idea!

Someone needs a visit from captain I TOLD YOU SO.

kbat50
09-27-2005, 02:12 PM
So Canada gets zero participation in the North American contests, and the international contests. Thanks! Really makes me feel good about always pushing the Xbox as a fan. Defending it all these years and enjoying countless hours of great gaming. And we get zero give back, not that I'm really looking for it as I do still love the Xbox and will get a 360 on launch day. But why leave us out of EVERYTHING?!? Our big contest is a crappy Much Music face plate contest for the 360? A faceplate? That's it! Yes everyone, feel free to laugh at the Canadians!

Jackyboy
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
there is no usa flag?

Smiley7853
09-27-2005, 02:42 PM
I still don't get what the race is all about..................is it like a contest?...............do we win, like a 360?....................maybe some games?..............so confused...Brain explodey........Blam!!!!!!

laughs
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
So Canada gets zero participation in the North American contests, and the international contests. Thanks! Really makes me feel good about always pushing the Xbox as a fan. Defending it all these years and enjoying countless hours of great gaming. And we get zero give back, not that I'm really looking for it as I do still love the Xbox and will get a 360 on launch day. But why leave us out of EVERYTHING?!? Our big contest is a crappy Much Music face plate contest for the 360? A faceplate? That's it! Yes everyone, feel free to laugh at the Canadians!

I'm glad you feel that way too... It pisses me off a lot... Just think what Pepsi is doing to us Canadians...We get nothing. Drink Coke brufas!!!! :cheers:

Double_Diablo
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm glad you feel that way too... It pisses me off a lot... Just think what Pepsi is doing to us Canadians...We get nothing. Drink Coke brufas!!!! :cheers:
They've heard our demands, Laughs.
http://bethefirsttoplay.com/ComingSoon.asp

laughs
09-27-2005, 05:43 PM
They've heard our demands, Laughs.
http://bethefirsttoplay.com/ComingSoon.asp

I'm going to take credit for that one... I wrote them about a month ago complaining my ass off about the whole thing, and I even suggested 1 to be given away each hour. :hump: I rule!

Double_Diablo
09-27-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm going to take credit for that one... I wrote them about a month ago complaining my ass off about the whole thing, and I even suggested 1 to be given away each hour. :hump: I rule!
Haha. You sir are truly Canada's savior.