PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Controller was on eBay

Nato King
09-26-2005, 03:19 PM
There are no limits to what people will try to sell on eBay. The latest auction to get some attention was an Xbox 360 controller that had fallen in the wrong hands after a recent presentation at a developer conference hosted by Microsoft.

"This is the new controller for the X-Box 360 which also works with any PC running Windows XP via USB. You can't even buy this yet, but I got one when I attended a game developer's conference hosted by Microsoft. It's absolutely genuine, I guarantee it. Thanks for bidding! "

The funny part of the story is that the winning bidder is supposedly Jeff Henshaw Executive Producer for Xbox Digital Entertainment. The auction ended at $91.00, and I guess any competing bidders were pretty much without any real chance of winning the auction as Microsoft understandably wanted the controller back.
ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41017&item=8219974637&tprq=ebay%20com)

RUB MY LEMON
09-27-2005, 05:16 PM
why in the world would you sell that piece of gold?????

Double_Diablo
09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
why in the world would you sell that piece of gold?????
A better question would be why anyone would buy it. $90? Joy. You get a controller that you can't use two months in advance for over two times its value.

Smiley7853
09-27-2005, 06:07 PM
I suppose he thought he would make some serious denero being as it would be the first 360 controller available to the public......... but I sure as hell wouldn't sell it,

What a dumb@$$!!

RUB MY LEMON
09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
The funny part of the story is that the winning bidder is supposedly Jeff Henshaw Executive Producer for Xbox Digital Entertainment. The auction ended at $91.00, and I guess any competing bidders were pretty much without any real chance of winning the auction as Microsoft understandably wanted the controller back.

why would ms want the controller back so bad? :watchout:

wackyanimation
09-27-2005, 06:53 PM
gameing companies take it too far with keeping it hidden and perfect to plan

Nato King
09-28-2005, 05:59 AM
why would ms want the controller back so bad? :watchout:

Like wackyanimation said gameing companies take it too far with keeping it hidden and I don't know why in the world did he want to sell it. I would of kept it and showed all my friends and brag about it to people that I have it and they don't. I would keep it in a safe locked away when I am not looking at it. :hump:

Xbox Masta 4
09-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, either way you look at it the people bidding and the person who stole it/selling it are idiots. What are the people buying it going to do, hope someone steals an xbox360 and throws that on ebay as well?

Shadow20002
09-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Well, two months i can get it for only 49.99 compare to 99.99 at now.

OC Noob
09-29-2005, 04:06 AM
MS is going to find out who the guy selling is affiliated with and black-ball them. Otherwise the winning bidder is some jerk-off using the MS name and MS already knows who is selling their stuff.

Either way, dude screwed his company.

Reclaimer
09-29-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't see what the problem is. Two months before production, there's nothing they can change now, the units are built and packaged to be shipped already. It's a bit beyond trade secret now.

RockTheCasba
09-29-2005, 11:37 AM
ha well he made 90 bucks id sell it

Xbox Masta 4
09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
It's not the fact inparticular that he is selling it. Or that the system is coming to a close to release. It's that he stole a product. I guess if you were in the same position don't say you wouldn't do the same. They could even sue or even throw charges on him. Yeah it may sound stupid, but they keep everything "locked" for a reason. It could be so no one goes spreading that the stuff may suck or what not then that hurts there sales. Plus how would you feel if people started stealing a new product you just created? Trust me, you probably wouldn't just sit there and let it happen. If they didn't lock it in for a reason, then many of us would have something associated with the xbox360 by then.

wackyanimation
09-29-2005, 07:03 PM
well cant the wierd ones work with the pc? if so, you can get away with about a week of
pc games or something :/