PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Shortage

Nato King
09-29-2005, 02:08 PM
According to chief executive Lisa Morgan at Game, there will not be enough Xbox 360s to go around this Christmas in the UK. Store chain Game reported yesterday that it can no longer guarantee pre-Christmas delivery for the Xbox 360 which arrives in the UK and the rest of Europe December 2.

The situation is similar in the US where EBGames no longer are accepting pre-orders through their online store as they have already sold out. And Amazon.com now only has the core bundles available for pre-order through ToysRUs.com. WalMart had both systems available a few days ago on their site but when I checked again today they seemed to have been taken off the site.

As far as I know GameStop is sill accepting pre-orders through their online store so that might be your best online option at the moment if you are looking for a bundle and not just the console. But as always if you want to make sure your 360 arrives on time, your best bet is to bribe your local store clerk. :cheers:

laughs
09-29-2005, 02:25 PM
I have pre-ordered....So I guess that guarantee's me one..... Right? :(

Nato King
09-29-2005, 02:40 PM
I have pre-ordered....So I guess that guarantee's me one..... Right? :(

ya your pre-order is in and you should get yours like everyone else within 5 days from the launch day Same like me. In the USA a lot of the stock is going to retailers that aren't even taking preorders yet if at all. All these game shops will have small allotments compared to CircuitCity, BestBuy, Walmart, etc. The walmart site states they'll have stock in stores. They have just run out of mail-order units from there first shipment. People are just going to pop into a local giant chain retailer at 12am and walk out the door with my xbox360! No hassle

Smiley7853
09-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Uh Oh
this sucks.........
I havn'tgotten around to reserving mine yet.
But does it make a diffirence if you live in a small town like I do???
Or do all the extra 360's come to the stores after they have been reserved??

Xbox Masta 4
09-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Smiley7853,

As far as I know, they do one of the two. They either just order as much as they can to put in stock of the store, or definately make sure they have quite a few more than the systems that are preordered. Since usually that guarentees they are sold, so they should definately have more than what everyone has preordered. I'm not sure if everyone does this, but it would make sense to.

I cannot believe they are running out however, that's B.S. How do they expect to sell so many systems that they wanted if they don't have enough to go around? arrghhh..