PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas game

firewave
09-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Obviously it's not a hardcore gamer's game, but I think the Nightmare Before Christmas game coming out from Buena Vista looks pretty fun (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/nightmarebeforechristmas/preview_6129489.html) (at least for a fan of the movie like me). Looks like a good platformer for the Xbox, and it's got graphics (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=850) straight out of the movie.

And before you dog me for liking the movie, no, I don't shop at hot topic, nor do I wear black all day :-)

BoogerBoy
10-06-2005, 12:55 AM
I think most people like the movie, I liked it as a kid. I might try the game out. It looks almost exactly like a movie from the pictures I've seen. I also heard it runs on the Devil May Cry engine. So it should be fun, I just hope the camera will be good.

I've been to Hot Topic once before wow that is a weird place :yikes:

firewave
10-14-2005, 12:18 PM
The camera, being part of a capcom game - is at the developer's mercy. 90% of the time, it's fine, follows the action and doesn't frustrate. There are a few moments where you really wish (esp. on Xbox, where we're now spoiled by camera control) you could move it yourself.

Gameplay is pretty straightforward - use the soul robber (a gooey whip) to slap down or grab and smash bad guys and score huge combo moves. There are also different puzzles to solve and some dance challenges. Not an award winner, but fun stuff.

Brevity
10-14-2005, 02:56 PM
My kids loved the movie. I am sure they will love this. I have been telling them about it and showing them things about it since it first popped up on the radar.

BoogerBoy
10-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Well my sister got this game the other day, it's not very fun. The music is good though, but it's just not fun to play at all. :(

firewave
10-23-2005, 03:44 PM
It's actually not a bad game, you just have to sink about 2 hours into it, as the first few "missions" are pretty basic. Once you start unlocking things, and learning combos and getting into the more interesting levels, it gets a whole lot better.