PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man: How Do You Progress?

selowitch
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I don't understand how you figure out what your next goal/mission is. I can see statistics as to how many races and City Events, etc. you've done, but as to what you're supposed to actually DO next, I can't figure out. The manual is completely useless. Help!!!

addict
10-01-2005, 08:20 PM
i just beat the story missions. if you look at your city goals, the ones in gray you have done, and the ones hi-lighted you need to do to get the next story mish.

selowitch
10-01-2005, 09:00 PM
So there's another layer below the initial menu? I know this sounds dumb, but I just don't "get it" yet.

addict
10-02-2005, 08:40 AM
just go to your 'city goals' if it is highlighted a yellow-ish color. you need to do that to progress. if it is gray-ish color, you dont need to do that right now. and when you complete the story missions it is all highlighted.

laughs
10-02-2005, 08:44 AM
The city goals which say 2/3 or 4/5 or whatever isn't done yet. You have to do those and then you'll see a green dot on the map...You have to follow this green dot to progress in the story. Anyway, this is a cool game... Don't think I like it as much as spiderman 2...But I still like it though.

addict
10-02-2005, 11:16 AM
the action in spider-man 2 is better. they could have made the best game ever if they would have taken there time on the peds and animaton.

selowitch
10-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I still don't understand how you learn where the next mission is and what you're supposed to do. I can see the number of things remaining to do in each category, but I have no idea of the rest. This is bugging me because I can't do anything other than the stupid races. They are no combat tours or anything else besides races, and I'm getting really frustrated.

laughs
10-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Press the back button to get the map... I believe you have to hit the "x" button to see all the icons...Races, tours etc... Pretty straight forward :p

selowitch
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
It's not straightforward at all because all that will show up are races. There are no Combat Tours or anything else of interest. Pretty boring game if that's all you can do is running around looking for City Events (red dots) cuz thre are like 80 of them!!!

mattgame
10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Okay calm down first. Then read over all of the helpful replies to your thread. Are you good? Now, try what they're saying first before you start shedding tears of aggravation. Good luck.

laughs
10-03-2005, 05:32 AM
It's not straightforward at all because all that will show up are races. There are no Combat Tours or anything else of interest. Pretty boring game if that's all you can do is running around looking for City Events (red dots) cuz thre are like 80 of them!!!

Yes, first all you see is the races.... You have to look at the legend on the bottom of the screen and press the "x" button I believe....This will show you all the combat tours too.

Drakon678
10-03-2005, 11:45 AM
ok, you just need to play the game and understand how BASIC controls work for a game. start, select, x,y,b,a buttons. then understand the concept of the game. if you take more than 4 and 1/2 hours to beat the game you may want to consider playing something a bit simplier like Shrek 2 for instance. It's an easy game! My bro beat it in the same time period and he is 10.

Bakeman
10-03-2005, 02:40 PM
dude Selowitch.. people have already told you what you need to do.

Pause the game... go to "CITY GOALS" should be the first thing in the list.

I'll use my screen as an example. It shows me

Tokens Collected 21/8
Race Medals Earned 4/4
Combat Tours Completed 3/3
City Events Complted 13/12

Then it says "NEW STORY MISSION AVAILABLE!" Which means I have a green dot I can go do.

Do you see what we are telling you? You have to do what the City Goals are telling you to do. I had to collect 8 Tokens, earn 4 race medals, complete 3 combat tours, and do 12 city events.

Once you have completed the things in the City Goals, the next story mission will unlock.

If you still can't figure it out.... just take the game back.