PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin 360

Smiley7853
10-03-2005, 07:17 PM
O.K., so I stopped to think about the total awsomeness of the 360 today and realise something that could haunt my dreams for the rest of my days, or at least the next ten years....

Now usually I'm a little slow on the uptake, but this little jewel didn't hit me untill just today. X-box's don't have memory cards........................

I know stupid, but thats not the part that I just linked it to today....

Now I have spent hours, nay, days trying to download music onto my x-box.

I checked it today when I got home from school and guess what?. five words baby.....

ONE-HUNDRED-TWENTY-THREE-CD's :yikes:

My god....

I really don't want to lose all the time it took to put those bad boys on there...

So does anyone know if there will be a way to transfer from hard drive to hard drive with the 360? :huh:

Also need this for game data, cause man, although I like fable, playing it through for the 20th time when you just want a huge dude so you can destroy stuff............ well, thats just contarded..

Smiley7853
10-03-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm not lettin this fall too far down the recent posts untill someone answers me....

Seriously though, Im not....

Ninjermy
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Umm, ok? The answer is no.

Shadow20002
10-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Well, 123 CD of 700 MB? 86100 MB.........i never know that the Xbox can hold that much. It's only 8 GB and only 4 GB can be store for music, game saves and download contents. You got a "special" Xbox or what? ;)

m4oH
10-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Well, 123 CD of 700 MB? 86100 MB.........i never know that the Xbox can hold that much. It's only 8 GB and only 4 GB can be store for music, game saves and download contents. You got a "special" Xbox or what? ;)
That's what I was wondering, how can you get that much on it? That is too many megs for the hard drive to hold. Plus all of the game saves.

George89
10-15-2005, 02:05 PM
plus it's not like you can't just keep your xbox when you get a Xbox 360....

Dpzy
10-17-2005, 12:14 PM
IF you have the music on you PC (Windows XP Pro) you can stream it to your 360... confirmed @ Majornelson's recent blog

swivel
10-17-2005, 12:30 PM
When you rip the CD's, you can convert them to WMA files, instead of WAV. That would let you easily put 123 albums on the HD. That's how so many songs fit on DAP's.

Do you still have to have Windows MCE to stream files over via MCE Extender? Last I heard, you did. And most people do not have an MCE machine at home.

I sure hope the games are good, because I have a fine stereo at home already. :)

Smiley7853
10-17-2005, 02:35 PM

I don't know..
Somehow I managed to do it, but some of the cd's arn't burned on all the way. Does that make any difference?
I'm not too technical, but maybe my x-box is screwy, 'cause it still says I got 50,000+ blocks. I really don't know, and I don't wan't to keep my old x-box when I get the 360, because this crap starts to take up room. I have a Playstation 2, Gamecube, Sega Saturn,VCR, surround sound, my old super nintendo, and my old atari. I( have so much crap connected to thisI'm afraid I might blow somethin up.

In short...

.....I DON'T NEED AN OUTDATED SYSTEM HOOKED UP TO THIS TV IF I'VE GOT THE NEWER VERSION.

OK? so will everybody just get off my back?

and Swivel, I have no F****** idea what you are talking about.

r3lik1
10-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I don't know..
Somehow I managed to do it, but some of the cd's arn't burned on all the way. Does that make any difference?
I'm not too technical, but maybe my x-box is screwy, 'cause it still says I got 50,000+ blocks. I really don't know, and I don't wan't to keep my old x-box when I get the 360, because this crap starts to take up room. I have a Playstation 2, Gamecube, Sega Saturn,VCR, surround sound, my old super nintendo, and my old atari. I( have so much crap connected to thisI'm afraid I might blow somethin up.

In short...

.....I DON'T NEED AN OUTDATED SYSTEM HOOKED UP TO THIS TV IF I'VE GOT THE NEWER VERSION.

OK? so will everybody just get off my back?

and Swivel, I have no F****** idea what you are talking about.

well sell me your xbox when u get your 360.... b/c i do have a "SPECIAL" xbox....and i like to make the "SPECIAL"
so hit me up it your ever trying to sell it! :cheers:

Smiley7853
10-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Sorry,it's already promised to one of my less fortunate friends.

...all he owns is a .... is a.....Gamecube!!! :crying:

...sad, isn't it?

r3lik1
10-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Sorry,it's already promised to one of my less fortunate friends.

...all he owns is a .... is a.....Gamecube!!! :crying:

...sad, isn't it?

damn!!! its all good tho! i don't need another one anyway, i have enough!!! LOL

Smiley7853
10-17-2005, 02:53 PM
No Joke.

as I said, this crap starts to build up.

Jackyboy
10-17-2005, 02:54 PM
damn!!! its all good tho! i don't need another one anyway, i have enough!!! LOL
i was just about to offer mine until i scrolled down the page. :(

Smiley7853
10-17-2005, 02:59 PM
i was just about to offer mine until i scrolled down the page. :(

He's checking out your thread right now.
MAn,the new posts are falling fast today arn't they?

Smiley7853
10-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Yep, found another crappy problem today....
I lost Fable.
One of my favorite RPG's
Maybe I'll get TLC

Jackyboy
10-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Yep, found another crappy problem today....
I lost Fable.
One of my favorite RPG's
Maybe I'll get TLC
you are just worthless arent you?

Smiley7853
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Tahnks,you just dropped my confidence level by another 3 points.............bastard

Jackyboy
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
another job well done :hump:

Smiley7853
10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
.........bastard.

Anyway, anyone know if TLC is worth buying?

Heavens Gate
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
To be honest, I think Microsoft is making a huge mistake coming out with a new system already. From what I've seen of the 360 so far is that the graphics for the launch games aren't that different from the current system. That I know will change in time and that's why you should wait. Other reasons to wait

Current Xbox games will drop drastically in price. More for your money

When PS3 launches, the 360 will be cheaper

probably some hardware issues to work out

Don't get me wrong, I was always one of the first guys to grab the new systems without waiting but I always seemed to get burned and that's why I'm waiting now. Those of us who wait will get the better deal. That I know

:cheers: