PDA

View Full Version : Launch Titles

Shawn-XBA
10-04-2005, 12:49 PM
As X05 begins in Amsterdam, Microsoft has announced the official lineup of launch titles for the Xbox 360. The list includes a generous selection from Microsoft themselves, of course, plus support from the likes of EA, SEGA, Activision, and THQ. So, without further ado, here's what we'll see on the shelves next to shiny new Xbox 360s come November 22.

From Microsoft Game Studios:

Kameo: Elements of Power
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
Crackdown
Gears of War
Too Human
Mass Effect

And from the rest:

FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup (EA)
Superman Returns (EA)
Saint's Row (THQ)
MotoGP Ultimate Racing Technology (THQ)
Full Auto (SEGA)
Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA)
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
QUAKE 4 (Activision)
Castle Wolfenstein (Activision)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda Softworks)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4 (Ubisoft)

Microsoft's Peter Moore commented on the list: "The biggest and the best names in publishing are committed to the success of Xbox 360, and looking at the titles we have announced tonight we are very excited. From exclusive titles to debuting the next installment of some of the world's best-loved franchises, Xbox 360 will redefine gaming and entertainment. The high-definition era of gaming starts now."

Source: IGN

Edit: IGN is now posting that these titles will be in the launch window, not all of these will be released on November 22nd.

Nato King
10-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I think when they mean launch titles, they mean launch titles in the first quarter of the X-Box 360's life. Gears of War is definatly 2006, so that's my guess!

Shadow20002
10-04-2005, 06:49 PM
Mass Effect? What is that, never hear of this one, maybe a secret working title.

Shawn-XBA
10-04-2005, 07:37 PM
I think when they mean launch titles, they mean launch titles in the first quarter of the X-Box 360's life. Gears of War is definatly 2006, so that's my guess!

Yeah, I edited my post, IGN first said that these were launch titles and like you I was a little confused when I saw Gears of War because I remember reading that it would be released in 2006. I can't wait till they release the launch day titles!

Shawn-XBA
10-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Mass Effect? What is that, never hear of this one, maybe a secret working title.

It is an RPG being made by BioWare, IGN has more info on it here is the link:

http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/718/718963.html

Looks like a FPS and RPG put together

Nato King
10-04-2005, 07:46 PM

Also if you check the xbox360 page again. you will see a thread made by me has a clip on this game Mass effect. check it out.

mattgame
10-04-2005, 08:30 PM
Superman returns? Oh boy that's going to be butt.

laughs
10-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Superman returns? Oh boy that's going to be butt.

Hopefully they'll finally make a good superman game. I didn't think it could be done with spiderman, but it did(spiderman 2) Although I doubt they'll do a good job with superman.

addict
10-05-2005, 04:36 PM
too human looks good

mattgame
10-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Hopefully they'll finally make a good superman game. I didn't think it could be done with spiderman, but it did(spiderman 2) Although I doubt they'll do a good job with superman.

It could be done too. They just have to get creative with his enemies. Like maybe the final boss of the game could be Doomsday! Doesn't that make your boxers sticky? :hump:

laughs
10-05-2005, 06:55 PM
It could be done too. They just have to get creative with his enemies. Like maybe the final boss of the game could be Doomsday! Doesn't that make your boxers sticky? :hump:

Yaaaarrrrr!!! All depends on the creative side. Should have it in metrolpolis(obviously) and have him fight crime(thugs, and robbers) and than have him swing on a web.... I mean fly around and meet up with bad guys. Gota have Lex, and Doomsday....Although I feel the final boss should be Martha Stewart.