PDA

View Full Version : research/ anticipation on a game!

xboxpebbles
02-19-2002, 06:52 PM
take the poll!
i was wondering what every1
else does...when i get excited for
a game coming out(aka morrowind;) )
then i get "obsessed" w/ it and have to
read about it constantly..kinda like xbox..
i was just wondering what u all do be4
the big release day!!:D

fear_this
02-19-2002, 06:58 PM
IM'a tre x-box gamer. I search and read things here all the time. :p

monkeyman
02-19-2002, 06:58 PM
mines a few i look up it sometimes or else i go by hype or else by what i like in a game if it looks cool then i buy it like if the comercial is cool or something

maneatingcow
02-19-2002, 07:10 PM
I research games very deeply.... but sometimes not at all.

Depends if the game catches my eye....

Jeez... I can't decide :(

Chr0nik
02-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Hype is a double-edged sword, hype boosts sales for developers, but usually lets down the true gamers.

Games get so hyped that developers seem to use this to their advantage. They delay games just to build up the hype, and alot of the time the game ends up being a let down..

Most recent example is RAW, most people thought this game would be the best game ever, turned out to be a flop for many of us.

I will not be buying any more games without doing very thorough research before time.

I take blowing my hard earned money on a game that is supposed to be great, but is just plain ordinary very personally.

Toonz
02-19-2002, 08:21 PM
It all starts with a screenshot, than a little reading, than a little more reading, than my addiction takes over and its a all out war to find every little scrap of info out there on a game I am interested in.

Nato King
02-19-2002, 08:28 PM
I have to find everything about a game before I buy it that is a must. I just have to have as much information on a game because I don't want to make another stupid decision like I did with Kabuki Warriors what a dumb game.

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 11:33 PM
I have files at home on every game coming to the XBOX. No BS. I have a list of every game, Slowly but surely crossing one off here and there. Some people haven't even heard of some games that I've heard of. Do you guys/girls know they are making a V.I.P game. Can you say FLAP.

Hugh_Jass
02-20-2002, 07:58 AM
I think the level of disappointment in a game is directly proportional to the amount of research you do during pre-release. If you never know about the features that get cut you can't bemoan their loss. Nearly every game has more hype than substance.

batman46st
02-20-2002, 09:13 AM
It all depends on the game if its a game. Halo i learned about 2 weeks before the xbox release when i joined this site. I saw how everyone was going crazy so i did a lil research and bam i liked it bought it. Other games like wwf raw i really didnt research, i was gonna buy it bad or good i love wrestling. Sometimes i just go in and buy a game like genma onimusha and it was phat....