PDA

View Full Version : Awsome New Pdz Gameplay Footage!

George89
10-11-2005, 07:45 PM
just click and watch, it has jaw dropping graphics and the video gets better and better as it goes:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8057&type=wmv

Jackyboy
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
:( that makes me a little less interested

laughs
10-11-2005, 08:19 PM
:( that makes me a little less interested

lol, are you talking about the first game they showed or the second? Not that crappy gta style game.... The Perfect Dark one after that. The graphics are amazing... :hump:

Mwright
10-11-2005, 08:22 PM
i dunno what that person was thinking because that looks really good and that was n off screen tape 2... i kinda wish i didnt see it because now i want to go pre-order that and take back my Call of duty 2 perorder.....

Flame Sword8
10-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I never thought explosions can never get so beautiful.

But they proved me wrong.

TheCovenant
10-11-2005, 09:22 PM
word, and the motion blur. Its subtle, but everytime the camera turns i just think "Project Offset" or "Killzone 2 Prerenderedness". (Im not saying it is prerendered, im just saying it looks like it could be, because it looks so good.) Although the character models offer a lil less detail then the environments.

Nato King
10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
I must say this site is really starting to come alive again. That was the most excellent no I mean untouchable no I mean beyond belief Footage of PDZ I have ever seen. To get better than that I think it would be to actually playing the game. I am going to watch it again. later.

l Maximus l
10-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Overall, I think it looks sweet; however, I have one peave with that demo. The A.I. was pretty lackluster, IMO. While I thought the graphics, the scopes on the weapons, the blood, and rag doll effects were exceptional, the A.I. seemed more like Artificial Idiots instead of Artificial Intelligence.

But, I'll very likely get this game anyway...I just hope they increase the A.I. several more notches...

SoundX
10-12-2005, 02:49 AM
It's probably being played on easy so they can show people the whole level and other elements of the game.

laughs
10-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Overall, I think it looks sweet; however, I have one peave with that demo. The A.I. was pretty lackluster, IMO. While I thought the graphics, the scopes on the weapons, the blood, and rag doll effects were exceptional, the A.I. seemed more like Artificial Idiots instead of Artificial Intelligence.

But, I'll very likely get this game anyway...I just hope they increase the A.I. several more notches...

The game is supposed to be set in Florida, so the A.I. is perfectly accurate. :)

swivel
10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
Positives I see:
Nice weapons, lots of zooming and sniper options.
Firing around corners.
Sound Effects.

Negatives I see:
Horrible music.
Linear gameword.
Stupid blue arrow paths to follow.
Graphics are worse than 3-year-old PC games.
Repetitive gameplay.

Overall... not impressive for me. If this is nextgen, then I am not happy.

FB-Gollum
10-12-2005, 12:56 PM

Max, you have to get this game. Then half of us can love it, the othr half can loathe it and we can have vitriolic debates about whter they "noobed out the laptop gun" and how the "next-gen graphics" don't make up for tired noobed out gameplay! ;)

laughs
10-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Graphics are worse than 3-year-old PC games.

Come on! No way!

swivel
10-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Come on! No way!

How old is Far Cry? Two and a half?

If so, I revise my statement.

Xbox = $150
Xbox2 = $300
Halo2 = $50
PDZ = $60

PDZ != 2(Halo2)
PDZ < 1.5(Halo2)

TheCovenant
10-12-2005, 03:49 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/501/501110p1.html

about a year and a half.

The music seemed to fit the game, you can take away the "stupid" blue arrows, however, the levels are said to be huge, and that you may need them from time to time. As for "Repitive" gameplay, you just described 99% of first person shooters. If you dont like to shoot things, or figure out HOW to shoot things, then steer clear of fps's.

Linear gameworld? Wasn't there a person on top of a building and another person 30 stories below, playing co-op in the same level? I dont know, but that seems like a branching path to me.

swivel
10-12-2005, 06:21 PM
As for "Repitive" gameplay, you just described 99% of first person shooters. If you dont like to shoot things, or figure out HOW to shoot things, then steer clear of fps's.

Linear gameworld? Wasn't there a person on top of a building and another person 30 stories below, playing co-op in the same level? I dont know, but that seems like a branching path to me.

Half Life 2 on the PC and Goldeneye on the N64 were anything but repetitive. Neither was Call of Duty.

Of course, everything I say is opinion only, and I enjoy the fact that mine differs from other's. But having played the FEAR demo, I have a new bar for what an FPS should be. Anything less than that is not worth wasting my money on. If you haven't watched a FEAR video yet, you should. I have yet to see a Next-Gen demo look half as good.

George89
10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
well that demo was on easy setting (as you can see by the arrows that had to lead the player along) so that might be why the AI was on the dumber side

TheCovenant
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
yes, ive played through the fear demo, just like any other fps freak. Yes, it was fun, and yes it innovative. But cancelling out every shooter that doesnt follow in tis wake, or set a new bar, it exing out a lot of shooters. There aint a half life evry year, ya know. ANd goldeneye i found very repetitive, but if you liked it, then why wouldnt you like pdz?

swivel
10-12-2005, 07:01 PM
ANd goldeneye i found very repetitive, but if you liked it, then why wouldnt you like pdz?

Different mission types, gadgets, environment. I like a mix between stealth and action. I can't stand stealth-games, but I love games like Far Cry where I really try not to get shot. At all. Call of Duty was like that as well.

I can't stand playing F6-F9 every time I walk around a corner, or a trap is sprung (a'la Doom3 and most FPS games). I also didn't like the Halo checkpoint system. Goldeneye rewarded smart play, and HL, HL2, Far Cry, and COD after it. Sneaking through the bushes, taking my time, making all shots count... that's the gameplay I like.

The repetitveness I speak of is the run-and-gun that Doom made popular and UT perfected. This looks more like one of those games. I understand that most people want this, and I'm glad they are getting it. But it isn't for me. I want a thinking-man's shooter.

We are all different. Which is good, because it saves me $60 on what looks to me like a boring and dull game.

l Maximus l
10-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Max, you have to get this game. Then half of us can love it, the othr half can loathe it and we can have vitriolic debates about whter they "noobed out the laptop gun" and how the "next-gen graphics" don't make up for tired noobed out gameplay! ;)

lol, dude...I hear ya I hear ya...

But seriously...when she was shooting down from the deck and saw two enemies below, she shot one and the other guy just stood there like an idiot...she reloads, zooms back in ...but, now on the idiot this time, and kills him.

Don't get me wrong, I think the demo was sweet other than the fact that the A.I. was extremely terrible...but, I hope that was on easy mode or something... But, one thing is for sure, that video was a representation of a pre-launched game...so, hopefully they can spice up the A.I. about.............a dozen notches!