PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Jumbo Task

Nato King
10-12-2005, 06:52 AM
http://www.next-gen.biz/images/stories/airplane.jpg

Xbox marketing chief Peter Moore says the company is "going to rent every 747 we can find" to facilitate the global launch of 360.
Speaking to the BBC, he said, "We're going to ship all around the world; how we're going to do that, I don't know. We're going to rent every 747 we can find."

Microsoft is launching Xbox 360 in the U.S. on November 22, followed by Europe on December 2 and Japan for a week later. It's the most ambitious trans-global launch in console gaming history.

Moore added, "There's a reason no-one has done this before and we are figuring that out. If we knew what we were getting into, we might not have done it."

On the launch line-up he said, "Games will arrive with a thousand bugs and get into the certification process. They make it or they don't. It's no big deal if a game takes another week. The consumer will get a strong line-up."

laughs
10-12-2005, 10:31 AM
I hope Oblivion doesn't take another week... That's the only game I'm getting at launch and it will kill me to have the 360 without a game.

swivel
10-12-2005, 11:20 AM
I heard Oblivion will be out three weeks earlier for the PC... so I won't be able to wait for the 360 version anyway.

Can't freaking wait. Built my current rig for Oblivion.

Hope 2 Terabytes of HD isn't overkill....