PDA

View Full Version : More hands-on: Xbox 360—the games

Nato King
10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Joystiq.com have had the opportunity to play some of the XBOX 360 titles. The list of games includes:
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead or Alive 4
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Kameo: Elements of Power
King Kong
NBA Live 06
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Gotham Racing 3
If you are planning on purchasing any of these titles then you might want to check it out.

link (http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000433062928/)

laughs
10-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Nice find.... Thanks for that, I'll take that into account :)

LynxFX
10-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Yup that was one of the gents at the NYC event I went to. At least now you can see what it looked like inside. He was so afraid to take some pics. :D

TheCovenant
10-13-2005, 12:42 AM
hmm, his review, along with lynx (who was also atthe event, from whati understand) seem to agree in some areas. Non of those reviews were in depth (joystiq) but he said he would go into greater detail. What bothers me is the anology for the future of gaming that he presented towards the end of the article.

(given: Anology is the weakest form of argument)

The philosophy of Gaming.

Apperantly getting an old bike thats repainted, got's new tires, and new handlin', and performs better, is unsatisfactory. IMO, thats a better bike he received, even though he's received it before. So my question is, if the new bike that outperforms the old bike doesnt satisfy, then what does he want to do? take up pogo sticking? The genres of videogaming are set, and robust and fun at that. You dont need a katamri or a pikmin in every game. Sometimes you just wanna hear a story, sometimes you just wanna wave a sword. The future of gaming doesnt have to nessecitate a remote with a gyroscope in it. So i say, bring on the hardware revolution. Let the games be themselves, and if your tired of them, take up biking.

Smiley7853
10-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Apperantly getting an old bike thats repainted, got's new tires, and new handlin', and performs better, is unsatisfactory. IMO, thats a better bike he received, even though he's received it before. So my question is, if the new bike that outperforms the old bike doesnt satisfy, then what does he want to do? take up pogo sticking? The genres of videogaming are set, and robust and fun at that. You dont need a katamri or a pikmin in every game. Sometimes you just wanna hear a story, sometimes you just wanna wave a sword. The future of gaming doesnt have to nessecitate a remote with a gyroscope in it. So i say, bring on the hardware revolution. Let the games be themselves, and if your tired of them, take up biking.

Well Said.

Also if you read through some of the posts they are f****** ridiculous. Many of the people actually oppose themselves in the same paragraph while trying to bash the 360.

I think the main problem is, they expected something like the coming of jesus (wich by all rights the launch of the 360 may actually be) and in there opinion get charley manson at their front doorstep.

These people are stupid, and if they don't go for what is apperantly JUST the new innovative material and hardware of gaming they can just shove it and "go take up biking"

Nato King
10-13-2005, 04:47 AM
Did someone say biking. I love biking. Just bring it on.

http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/630/med/mpbpic630268.jpg
http://photo.pinkbike.com/photo/630/med/mpbpic630279.jpg

ll Mista GT ll
10-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Did someone say biking. I love biking. Just bring it on.

Is that you!? :hail: :hail:

mattgame
10-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh man this is nerve racking.

Nato King
10-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Is that you!? :hail: :hail:

Are you kidding me? That's not me man. I am afraid of heights. hahaha But thanks for asking. No those where some picture I like from off of this web site.

Jackyboy
10-13-2005, 05:57 PM
interesting, thanks for sharin it with us