PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix to X-box.

fear_this
02-19-2002, 09:36 PM
Remember the movie, The Matrix. How could anyone actually forget. Everyone who watched it basicly knows what it about.
Well there making The Matrix for the x-box and guess what, Its x-box exclusive! :) Its being produced by the company that created Max Payne, Shiny.

According to the owner of Shiny, they say that the reason that The Matrix is only coming out for the x-box is that the x-box is the onle console they feel can make it a lot like the movie. Or maybe its the fect there being funded $7 Million from Microsoft to make The Matrix. Apparently, Microsoft has good hopes for this game. The Matrix will have a lot of the same controlls as Max Payne with the slow motion shooter and gameply but better graphics.

Myself, I cant wait! :cool:

JADE8704
02-19-2002, 10:04 PM
hey fear_this, are you sure it's xbox exclusive? where'd you hear that? just wondering because on gamespot they have the matrix down for PS2...:confused:

eddy

GRAVEDIGGER
02-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Yea i feel ya man, this is just one of those games that has you waiting to see some more of the XBOX power, and leave all the doubters of the XBOX in awe. Hopefully shiny does a better job than they did with "Max Payne", because we dont want something slightly better than a PS2 game grahicly and gameplay wise, we friggin want somethin that will silence all the haters of the black and green...and learn to respect the X for its remnants of great games, and amazing graphics surpassed by none:mad:

Thanx for the heads up man:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

fear_this
02-19-2002, 10:07 PM
I found it on a site, If you give me a minute im sure i can find the link to it and give it to you.

Toder
02-19-2002, 10:09 PM
I thought rockstar made max payne? Wait a minute they also made GTA3. N.o wonder max payne and the thug from GTA3 look alike. D@mn that guy doesn't take ***** from no one.

fear_this
02-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Got the link. They sound a lot a like because i tried to put it in my own words. http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpEuEVVpkkrGrjOEyp

JADE8704
02-19-2002, 10:19 PM
sweet man...i thought it was for ps2 too, but now i know its only for xbox...can't wait for this game..does anyone know when it comes out?

eddy :)

fear_this
02-19-2002, 10:21 PM
I think it's coming out sometime in the summer. Its going to be good. And I cant wait for the next Matrix movie to come out. That means Another Matrix Game. :cool:

TRUE_GAMER
02-19-2002, 11:23 PM
I will be taking the green pill.

HaloUK
02-20-2002, 03:26 AM
I heard about this some time ago. Matrix will NOT be an XBox exclusive as they will release it for other systems after a period of about 6 months. Although XBox is the only format that will include actual dialogue from the film and proper voices for known characters.
Or something like that....
Maybe...

mattcoxonline
02-20-2002, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
I think it's coming out sometime in the summer. Its going to be good. And I cant wait for the next Matrix movie to come out. That means Another Matrix Game. :cool:

No it doesn't....

The Matrix game is based on the second movie. The second movie is rumoured to be 2003, and the game won't be released before then. :(

Toder
02-20-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by matcoxonline
The Matrix game is based on the second movie. The second movie is rumoured to be 2003, and the game won't be released before then.

yes it does...

Well according to our good friends here at xboxaddict they say the game is tageted for release in the summer of 2002 (which would be this summer). And they say the game is based on the first and second movie.

X-Factor
02-20-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Toder
yes it does...

Well according to our good friends here at xboxaddict they say the game is tageted for release in the summer of 2002 (which would be this summer). And they say the game is based on the first and second movie.
Our good friends here at xboxaddict???:rolleyes:

xboxaddict is NOT a reliable source... if IGN, GameSpot, ConsoleWire, or GameSpy says so, then maybe I will be a believer...;)

Never believe what "Xbox Only" websites say... they are usually biased.

IGN, GameSpot, ConsoleWire, and GameSpy actually get their news from the source. xboxaddict, and other "Xbox Only" websites get their news from strange places (Or they post rumors).

JADE8704
02-20-2002, 06:51 PM
i dont know...if you go to gamespot.com under xbox, and go to the game "the matrix" it says that the game will come out multi platform except that microsoft paid the publisher or developer to make a "special" version for the xbox game (voice acting by the real actors, online play, additional music tracks from the movie, woo ping choreography, and more weapons and items) the game is to be released on the xbox and will only be on the xbox
for only six months. which means after the first six months of release on the xbox, other systems will get it too...im still really excited about this game even though its multi-console because only we'll get the goodies in the game :D and it won't be a simple port from the pos2

you can find the news here from Gamespot.com:

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2714857,00.html

Xbox
02-20-2002, 06:55 PM
You can expect the Matrix game to have much the same physics
as Max Payne with the same type of Bullet Time effects and gameplay and even better graphics. The Matrix Game story line will follow the same path as the story to the new Matrix: Reloaded film. This game will show Xbox's true power, and Shiny are making sure of that as this game has been in development for 2-3 years so far and it's not going to run on your Xbox 'til Mid 2003 - just in time for the release of the new Matrix: Reloaded film...

^look at the last sentence, tell me what you see (btw this is from your very own site that you said before) It says 2003. I have spoken enough.
:o

thunderkiss2k1
02-20-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by TRUE_GAMER
I will be taking the green pill.

Umm, True? Its the blue or red pill, man. Lol, not the green pill.

JADE8704
02-20-2002, 10:21 PM
green pill for xbox...blue for ps2...i'll take the green pill :)

Toder
02-21-2002, 12:12 AM
Sorry X-factor.

I may have made a mistake. but you do have to omit that i was at least trying to back what i was saying. Unlike matcoxonline who didn't show any proof. and if he did i probally wouldn't have posted that reply.

FlyBoy
02-21-2002, 06:46 AM
Who cares if Matrix goes to other consoles... we all know for Gamecube it would be, "The Matrix Goes to Disney Land, Rated K for Kids," and the PS2 it would be, "The Matrix goes t... LOADING, PLEASE WAIT. LOADING, PLEASE WAIT. Overload. Too much graphical content. Piece of Sh*t 2 will self destruct in 5, 4, 3..."

This should be a great release... Rockstar kicks A$$!!!!

fear_this
02-21-2002, 07:49 AM
Other systems cant hold such a good game. :cool: