PDA

View Full Version : Halo Character in DOA4 revealed

Nato King
10-13-2005, 10:27 PM
The latest issue of Game Informer, is revealing the Halo cameo in Dead or Alive 4 is none other than Mrs. Master Chief, herself. It's not really Masterchief but rather a variant of him you could say. One of the females in the spartan program.

Xbox365.com have a few scans for your eyes

Scan 1 (http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/GGuNPdPNLr08290119/mcvsng1.jpg)

Scan 2 (http://www.xbox365.com/gdb/images/GGuNPdPNLr08290119/mcvsng2.jpg)

Ford Mustang
10-13-2005, 11:04 PM
That's cool, but it's kinda dumb at the same time. Spartans would stomp the hell out of all the DOA fighters at once with one arm and a leg tied behind their backs. Haha.

l Maximus l
10-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Serg to the rescue! I figured it had to be a chick...I wonder if metal bounces like the other women?! :confused:

The Jackal
10-14-2005, 01:27 AM
Wow... that really doesn't fit with that game at all...

TheCovenant
10-14-2005, 01:55 AM
kool, but at the same time, not that cool. so...i guess i agree with ford...

CarGuy
10-14-2005, 03:57 AM
What the.. ?

BoogerBoy
10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
That's pretty cool, I'm sure it will make it sell more too.

StudioAlex
10-14-2005, 09:07 AM
Kinda dissapointing.

Ninjermy
10-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Ya, I sorta wish that would be a bonus unlockable character as it does not directly fit in with the game theme.

Gawlron
10-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I think its kind of ... dumb... it just doens't belong there.

swivel
10-14-2005, 12:32 PM
I can think of a dozen tie-in female characters that belong in DOA. Nobody from Halo comes to mind.

Just a silly marketing idea to take advantage of the only golden franchise that the XBox produced. Lame.

Whisper
10-14-2005, 12:41 PM
NOOOO.. i was looking forward to a fully rendered non transparent Cortana that bounces.

Jackyboy
10-14-2005, 02:29 PM
thats just stupid

Double_Diablo
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
In retrospect, any spartan could kick the asses of the DOA characters. A cyborg supersolider in MJOLNIR Mark VI armour would demolish a fleshy human being. I was kind of hoping for the sarge, Miranda Keyes or cortana. Hell, even an elite would have been better. This just doesn't fit in at all.

StudioAlex
10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing how unrealistic it is.

TheCovenant
10-14-2005, 07:38 PM
what fighting style would he use? (remember, "cool" isnt a fighting style).

EDIT: we know he can punch missiles...

swivel
10-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I can't believe you guys are arguing how unrealistic it is.

Hey, if the developers are going to re-create breasts with perfect adherence to the laws of physics and after a detailed analysis of female physiology, then why should we not also demand the same empirical rigor of the rest of the game?

C'mon!

Shadow20002
10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Ok....one thing: i never imagine that Master Chief is a girl. The voice of Master Chief from Halo and Halo 2 sound like a man's voice. And what kind fighting style will she use?

J4320
10-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Please tell me that it has to be unlocked. If that is a starting character in the game it would be SO CHEESY.

George89
10-15-2005, 12:07 AM
lol why is everyone complaining, it's an extra character! plus, it's not like Spawn or Link belonged in Sould Calibur II

J3bus WTF
10-15-2005, 02:18 AM
I thought for sure it was going to be the Arbiter, but oh well.

StudioAlex
10-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Ok....one thing: i never imagine that Master Chief is a girl. The voice of Master Chief from Halo and Halo 2 sound like a man's voice. And what kind fighting style will she use?Master Chief is the result of a super-soldier program. THere were a number of Spartans produced and some of them were women. It was believed they'd all been wiped out by the beginning of the first Halo but a number of them survived the destruction of Reach, the Spartan home planet. Why they made no appearance or were not even acknowledged in Halo 2 is beyond me.

Jamo
10-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Because they all supposedly died. If me memory is correect ome were left on the planet infested by Covenant forces. Assumed dead. One by one they die. However there is one other Spartan that is still alive according to the book. Linda is i think her name. Linda the sniper but she is in a cryogenic state due to her injuries. That's what i remember. Or was it Kelly? I can't remember.

I saw this the other day and i have to say that it is cool yet somewhat ackward. I'm going to keep an open mind about this. Think about it like this. This us pretty much solidifying the bond between MS and TN. Bungie likes DOA. Apparently TN Likes Halo. Pretty much tells me that Xbox 360 gets all their games and Sony gets nothing. Besides it's really no big deal whether she's in there or not.

m4oH
10-15-2005, 11:09 AM
I could see this being an unlockable character, however I think it is pretty dumb to put this into DOA.

Yannie Boy
10-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Hmmmmmm.....I'll see how it plays out. Not really excited about ANOTHER DOA title. Only difference is that it's on the 360 and looks prettier, but same DOA as before. Spawn, Link, and Heihachi, didn't belong in Soul Calibur II, that much is true, but they did play out well. Link = Sword , Heihaichi = Fists, Spawn = Axe. Each coresponds with someother character that uses the same type of weapon, easily letting them fit in with no problem. But this is DOA, no weapons, only fighting styles. Personally I think it's a good idea, but only good as an idea, not an actual thing to do. Oh well, only a month a way to see how it turns out.

Jamo
10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
Wrong. You can't just look at a game and say oh its just another sequel that looks prettier. Ive read up on all the changes made in DOA4 and believe me when i say... it isn't.

FatBox
10-15-2005, 11:40 AM
That is kinda cool I guess... They should give the spartan an SMG on his side or something so you could whip it out for like a special move or somethin.

StudioAlex
10-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Because they all supposedly died. If me memory is correect ome were left on the planet infested by Covenant forces. Assumed dead. One by one they die. However there is one other Spartan that is still alive according to the book. Linda is i think her name. Linda the sniper but she is in a cryogenic state due to her injuries. That's what i remember. Or was it Kelly? I can't remember. I thought a number of them were still alive by the end of third book.

Jamo
10-15-2005, 01:06 PM
I thought a number of them were still alive by the end of third book.
I havent had a chance to read the other two books im going by what Fall of Reach said. And it says that Master Chief is the last besides (stil cant remember if its Lina or Kelly) that is two injured to be awakened and there is no time to treat her. I could be wrong if the other two books said otherwise.

StudioAlex
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, a number of them survived the destruction of Reach. MC was believed to be the last because it was assumed that even a spartan couldn't survive a planet glassing. I could be wrong but I think six or seven of them were still alive in some inner-mountain complex on reach where the government was storing forerunner technology.

Conchord
10-15-2005, 04:52 PM
I think this is an awesome idea...****ing hand to hand combat with a Spartan...oh, quit *****ing about it not fitting in...how the **** did Spawn and Link fit into Soul Caliber II, and both characters AND the game kicked ass...

They could just make up some time travel story like in SCII...

And about the Spartan kicking ass no matter what...yea, probably, but its a freakin video game, not a combat simulator.

TheCovenant
10-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Hmmmmmm.....I'll see how it plays out. Not really excited about ANOTHER DOA title. Only difference is that it's on the 360 and looks prettier, but same DOA as before. Spawn, Link, and Heihachi, didn't belong in Soul Calibur II, that much is true, but they did play out well. Link = Sword , Heihaichi = Fists, Spawn = Axe. Each coresponds with someother character that uses the same type of weapon, easily letting them fit in with no problem. But this is DOA, no weapons, only fighting styles. Personally I think it's a good idea, but only good as an idea, not an actual thing to do. Oh well, only a month a way to see how it turns out.

how does heihachi's "fists" fit into a weapons fighter?

Im also on board with the quit *****ing team. As if anyone here cares that much about the DOA universe anyway.

WynnFire
10-15-2005, 09:46 PM
For all the complainers about Master/Mrs. Chief being in the game, don't forget, it's going to be next gen hardware, we will be able to see what Master/Ms./Mrs./??? Chief will look like in high def. I can't wait. Of course, I could be wrong and will accept any flaming I get.

Jamo
10-16-2005, 01:26 PM
As if anyone here cares that much about the DOA universe anyway.

*raises hand* I care :hardcore:

Yannie Boy
10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Jamo prove me wrong. Besides the new graphical improvements and new story. What else is there?

The Covenent-XBA, Taki and Voldo are considered "fist" fighters

Jamo
10-16-2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadoralive4/news.html?sid=6135176

Here's what Gamespot says and you know they dont play DOA to heavily. Im gonna try to find the info i read but it'll be a bit. OH I'll prove you wrong! Just wait.

Flame Sword8
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Nice find, in all fighting games that I have, or have played I like to pick one char. and master his fighting style and learn all the combo's.

Even though this spartan is a girl im still going to master this one.

TheCovenant
10-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Jamo prove me wrong. Besides the new graphical improvements and new story. What else is there?

The Covenent-XBA, Taki and Voldo are considered "fist" fighters

then i dont mean "fist" fighters, because voldo and taki clearly have actual blades. Only reason heihachi fits is because he from another namco franchise. Otherwise, wtf? And spawn? since when does spawn depend on his mighty axe for stuff? they HAD to force a weapon on him.

ANd you are wrong again about the fighting engine itself, they changed it for the next gen. If Jamo doesn't pull through on that one, heck, i will.

Satch
10-17-2005, 10:09 AM
ohhh, Jamo WILL pull through...aint that right buddy?

Jamo
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Grab a bag of popcorn.

http://www.doacentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4079&start=0

And if indeed you still dont believe me then that means that you just dont want anything to do with DOA. If that's the case say it now.

Anyways from my undestanding of DOA4 this means that mashers have even less of a chance than they had before. Also there's one thing DOA has had since DOA2 that had all the other fighters beat hands down. Enviromental Depth. Also DPA's depth lies in the frame data and stuns. YOu can't say DOA has no depth anymore because i know for a fact it was not true then and isnt true now.

DOA4 increases the game speed and odds a lot of little subtle changes. Stuff like Wall counters, shortened counter windows, new moves (which is always a given) more enviromental depth, etc... I cant remember all the things i read. Nor can i find that exact article on DOAC. And dont talk about the E3 demo because its not like that anymore. There is a more recent vid on 1up and i can see the difference just by watching. And im not referring to the new moves either. Here. It's the high res 1up exclusive one above TN Retroactive.

http://teamninja.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140417

I've been playing DOA for years. I can just see in the way they move the difference. Sidestepping, block breakers, all that goodness plus enviromental depth like you wouldnt believe. The point is DOA has depth people just dont spend enough time with it like High Level Players do. And DOA4 ups the bar greatly and adds MUCH much more.

Satch
10-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Told you he'd come through ;)

But seriously..I've been a fighter fan since day 1...ever since mortal kombat for genesis, fighters have been something I've been very good at...the kind your friends will sometimes get pissed at you for...I've played them all. Tekkens, Soul Caliburs, Mortal Kombats, the crappy ones, and of course, DOA....I know how Jamo always gets in these confrontations on this site about DOA, and I have to support him because of all the fighters I have played, he's never been more right about the depth, environmental involvment, and most of all, the fact that you have to give DOA some time before you see how marvelous of a fighter it is. Good job Jamo :hail:

Yannie Boy
10-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Well, thanks for spending your time clearing that up for me. To be honest I've been a fan of the franchise from day one. Being a fan from day one, I do notice the subtle changes here and there. Don't get me wrong I will pick it up nonetheless to have the collection going. Maybe it's just me, but nothing is really coming out and grabbing me having me get it right off the back. I wouldn't try to pick a fight without been a player of the games itself. I can admit without shame that you proved me wrong.

Jamo
10-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey don't sweat it. I'm an honorable guy. lol For love of DOA i must always speak on its behalf. I havent been a fan since day 1 but i started on DOA2 for Dreamcast (Satch can agree with to that). Good to know there are still fans of the series that arent just on the DOA sites. :) Then again.. that's why I'm here. Perhaps one day me and you can fight ala DOA on Xbox Live sometime?

Back on track. I dont think this Halo Character is anything to fuss about really. It's more or less a way to pull in some more players to buy their game which is perfectly understandable. I think casual players of DOA but lovers of Halo will go nuts over this.

LeoBreaker
10-17-2005, 03:07 PM
yeah i saw this like last week, pretty cool if we get to see under the helmet. but then again it isn't master chief

Yannie Boy
10-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey don't sweat it. I'm an honorable guy. lol For love of DOA i must always speak on its behalf. I havent been a fan since day 1 but i started on DOA2 for Dreamcast (Satch can agree with to that). Good to know there are still fans of the series that arent just on the DOA sites. :) Then again.. that's why I'm here. Perhaps one day me and you can fight ala DOA on Xbox Live sometime?

Back on track. I dont think this Halo Character is anything to fuss about really. It's more or less a way to pull in some more players to buy their game which is perfectly understandable. I think casual players of DOA but lovers of Halo will go nuts over this.

yeah sure anytime... I got DOA Ultimate with 1 + 2.

Yeah I guess your right, but to be honest it can go either way with the Halo fans. As for the DOA fans, they would probably care less about MC, since their main attention is gonna be towards the original and new DOA characters, not a bonus character.