PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2

Mwright
10-14-2005, 06:50 AM
now i have already pre ordered this game at ebgames because im getting it 4 when the system comes out...but i have been looking at some screen shots and videos and i cant really see how the games looks better than the current xbox. i kno that the 360 is a big jump from the xbox but i just can not c it in this game.. if any1 has any information to prove me wrong--which i really wish i am---please tell me because i want this game to even better than cod1

Double_Diablo
10-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Check out some of the HD trailers at www.gametrailers.com and tell me those don't look next-gen. I've heard from people who've tried out Call of Duty 2 and they all say you have to play it to believe it.

Mwright
10-14-2005, 03:24 PM
yea i watched those videos and im still not really thinking they look great. i mean at points it does but then most of the time it just looks like a really good xbox game.. i hope ur right when u said u just have 2 play it...

LynxFX
10-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Having played it quite a bit on both the Xbox 360 and PC, it definitely is better than what the Xbox can do. But I wouldn't call it next gen graphics since it looks like the current round of PC games. We won't really see 'next gen' graphics until game engines like Unreal 07 and Crytek2 come out and are utilized which won't be for at least another year.

It's a fun game and one of the more polished games for the 360 launch.

swivel
10-14-2005, 06:52 PM
We won't really see 'next gen' graphics until game engines like Unreal 07 and Crytek2 come out and are utilized which won't be for at least another year.

Good point, Lynx. I love the perspective you always bring into threads. Too few levelheaded people involved in gaming anymore.

There was a great article by Alex St. John in CPU this month detailing how hard it will be to code games for multi-core systems, and why it will take devs quite some time to master. I think a dedicated multithreaded engine (which hopefully UT-07 will be) is needed before we see what these things can really do.

I personally wish they would have built the XBox2 differently. I would rather see a blazing-fast single core with more L1 cache, the same GPU they have now, and a physics processor like the one made for add-in cards now. Following PC's is not the best idea for these systems. They only need to do one thing very well, not multitask.

Also, it would have been so cheap to build a USB drive into each system for memory. Forget the expensive and delicate HD's.

My $.02.