PDA

View Full Version : xbox network

cyclaud
02-19-2002, 09:52 PM
When it launchs will u need a computer in ur room. i have the connection but not the location

fear_this
02-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Actually when the x-box goes online I dont think you need a computer in your room just an phone cord. To connect into your x-box. And when you get the internet connection like, they might have the internet on a cd you can like install to the x-box. It will coast a lot. Or maybe it will be a monthly fee. :D Anyway, Myself I cant wait.

Xtopia
02-20-2002, 12:09 AM
Fear, I know your dumb, (talking about your 9/11 thread) but dont get your facts right! YOu can not connect you xbox to the net with a phone cord! You MUST have a Cat-5 cable.
But anyway, no u will not need a pc in the room. From what i hear u the software will be built right into the game...so u put in the game and go to multiplayer and then there should be a "play on the net" or something to that affect option. Hope that helps!
:)

Xtopia
02-20-2002, 12:12 AM
And P.S.: Fear under your name, for your rank (I think thats what it is called), it says your an hardcore addict. Well what exactly are u addicted to. I mean all your post are stupid! What drugs u on boy?:eek:

Koopa
02-20-2002, 12:20 AM
noob fight!:D

Azazel
02-20-2002, 02:33 AM
ya, fear_this is pretty g a y!

pounder
02-20-2002, 02:39 AM
lol whats wez got is an old fashion flamin up in hea! ;)

Xtopia
02-20-2002, 10:53 AM
When it launchs will u need a computer in ur room. i have the connection but not the location

By the way, I am in a similliar situation. My pc is upstairs and my xbox is downstairs so in order play online (via gamespy) I had to by 85 ft. of phone wire, I mean Cat-5 cable, and run it downstiars! I know it sounds like a lot but...it is worth it! Halo via gamespy is AWESOME!!!

JJaX
02-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
Actually when the x-box goes online I dont think you need a computer in your room just an phone cord. To connect into your x-box. And when you get the internet connection like, they might have the internet on a cd you can like install to the x-box. It will coast a lot. Or maybe it will be a monthly fee. :D Anyway, Myself I cant wait.

* JJaX Smacks himself in head with rock

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by xtopia

By the way, I am in a similliar situation. My pc is upstairs and my xbox is downstairs so in order play online (via gamespy) I had to by 85 ft. of phone wire, I mean Cat-5 cable, and run it downstiars! I know it sounds like a lot but...it is worth it! Halo via gamespy is AWESOME!!!

D a m n straight, Xtopia!! Dude! My buddy was chatting with you primarily last night while you and I were both on Gamespy! His screen name, while playing Halo, is "Jedi" and mine is "Maniac". Dude! I will be on tonight! I can't believe that you couldn't join a game that I hosted!

By the way, if you have a difficult time trying to find a room by name title, simply click the green area above where it lists the names of the games. It will sort them in alphabetical order...so, if I make a room called "Seattle Slayer" (Which I normally do), then, simply scroll down the the letter "S" and it will be in there :)

It similar to how you sort by ping, but, instead sort by room. Know what I mean?

Dude!!! Last night, I got to play for the first time on my brand spaanking new Widescreen HDTV!! Oh man! The clarity is so utterly brilliant and I can see more action due to the widescreen!

My buddy and I kicked so much ass last night that it almost brought a tear to my eye....oh wait, maybe that was a spot of beer that flopped out after chugging one down so d a m n fast :D Either way, it was awesome!!!

And, yes, Gamespy + Halo is the best gaming experience I have ever had! My other 9 games are sitting on the shelf and have for a month now! .......Well, almost...I have had a chance to throw in a game or two of NFL Fever and finally got to try out Oddworld :D

JJaX
02-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

Well, almost...I have had a chance to throw in a game or two of NFL Fever and finally got to try out Oddworld :D

You should have thown Fever out the dayum window. :D

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 11:08 AM
The way that the on-line forum will work this summer, hosted by Microsoft (Not referring to Gamespy) is that all you need to have is broadband. With a standard CAT 5 cable connected to the broadband modem, simply connect the other end to your XBox. No need for a computer...just a straight connection from your modem to your XBox. That's it!

Some games will be dedicated to on-line, others won't but will have the option.

If the game is dedicated to on-line gaming only, the moment you shove in the disc, WHAMO!!! You are launched to the on-line forum :)

If the game has the capability of going on-line, but is not strictly on-line...you simply will have to make a selection on the menu (like you do in any game), but, they will include an option like "on-line" or something similar. Simply make the selection and...WHAMO!!! You are on-line :)