PDA

View Full Version : Lets put a stop to these halo 3 Rumors

Nato King
10-17-2005, 06:14 PM
It’s understandable that Microsoft doesn’t want the gaming press to focus too much on Halo 3 (the irony is blinding), as it is not part of the launch line-up, hence the lack of information and absence of any screens. But what if there is another explanation… What if Bungie’s next project is not Halo 3 at all, yes the idea is as old as the idea of Halo 3 itself, but nobody has ever taken it seriously. I think we can be pretty confident about that there will be a Halo 3, what we do not know however is when, and if it will be the next game to come out of Bungie’s studio.

http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/769_1424.jpg

Kikizo raises the question in an article today titled “Microsoft Tiptoes Around Halo 3”, and though they don’t conclude with anything of course, there is undoubtedly something utterly confusing about the way Microsoft refers to Halo 3, or Bungie’s “next project” to be politically correct.

If Bungie’s “next project” is in fact Halo 3, why is it so hard for Microsoft and Bungie to just confirm that the game is in development but that they don’t plan to show it anytime soon? As in a recent interview with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Microsoft's J Allard not only wouldn't say when Halo 3 is coming to Xbox 360, he wouldn't even confirm it's coming at all. And when asked to comment on retailers' listing of speculative release dates for Halo 3, Allard made a point of not calling the game by name.

"Bungie is definitely working on an Xbox 360 title right now," Allard said.

"[Halo 2] was the most successful title on the Xbox platform, one of the most influential titles of the entire last generation. And so we're glad we waited [to finish development]. The next Bungie title, I think you can expect not more of the same, but rather a title that holds itself to that same kind of bar."

When pressed on whether the "next Bungie title" would in fact be Halo 3, Allard would only comment:

"There is going to be a "Halo" movie. I can confirm that."

Again, I see how Microsoft don’t want to show any screens just yet if Halo 3 is not coming out until Spring/Fall 2006, as they probably want the media to focus on titles that will be available at launch or close to launch. But the constant denial that the game is in development just doesn’t make any sense; if not of course Bungie’s next game is something totally different.

Personally I have always been amongst the 99.99% who have taken it for granted that Bungie’s next project was Halo 3, but I have to admit that the idea of a big “none-Halo-related” Bungie game coming out between now and Halo 3 would be much more of a pleasant surprise than a big disappointment.

Halo 3 link (http://games.kikizo.com/news/200510/078.asp)

Jackyboy
10-17-2005, 06:18 PM
screw halo get something with the unreal engine... much better IMO

SH4MR0CK
10-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I am one of the ones who think bungie is working on halo 3 and not another title. I think they are working on it and keeping it tightly under raps but hey my opinion is as good as yours is and i might be absolutly rong but however with the undinable succes of halo 2 how could they not be working on halo 3 for the nex gen?

ll Mista GT ll
10-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Why does it matter? We'll see what it is when it comes out.

I'll run a round the WHOLE WORLD saying I <3 Bungie if there isn't 1 single gay ass glitch in Halo 3!!! I will....

swivel
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
I hope games will come out between now and then that make us quit talking about Halo altogether. Anyone else played F.E.A.R. yet? Best FPS I've ever had my hands on. I can't play it for very long because it is so intense and scary. And the enemy A.I. is just insane. Sound, graphics, gameplay... everything is so much better than Doom3 or HL2 or Far Cry.

If it were up to me, we would have more original titles like this, and the upcoming GUN, and less "Generic FPS Sequel Number 12".

Everyone complains that there is nothing but sequels coming out all the time... but all anyone ever talks about is getting their hands on Final Fantasy 35, DOA 14, Halo 8, Metal Gear Solid 16 etc...

More Katamari's, Ico's, God of War's, Jade Empire's and the like. (Not more of those franchises, mind you... but more of those original gaming experiences).

**** Halo 3, that's all I'm saying.

stormin4
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
In my opinion, Halo 3 will not be released right away for several reasons. First of all, it won't be done for a while. Second of all, it would take the "luster" off the Xbox360 release. Microsoft wants all focus to be on the console, not the game for now. I think once the initial round of "gotta buy it now for full retail price" wears off, then Halo 3 will be released to spark the next wave of "I'll wait until the price drops $100" Xbox 360 buyers.

mattgame
10-17-2005, 10:22 PM
My guess is 2008 for Halo 3. It's going to take time to get it right.

Whisper
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
That's what I would like to see as well. I hope the 360 doesn't get Halo 3 until atleast a year from now. Christmas 2007 would be great. That would be the hump of the 360 run... If they were to hype it now.. then it would just prove that the XBOX brand is a one-trick pony and they know it.

It's been nice to NOT be talking about Halo for a while.

Ninjermy
10-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Nah, Halo2 will come out 2007 LATEST. It wont take em that long to get it right.

Jackyboy
10-18-2005, 06:13 PM
but then they will have xbox360/halo3 bundles