PDA

View Full Version : Question about every10mins.com

pepsilover
10-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Well low and behold. For the heck of it I put in 5 entries in the pepsi contest at 2:10am drawing. I live in a little tiny town in Pennsylvania.
I log in this morning to put another code in for today and check the winners board.

2:10am Pocono Summit, PA

Woot

My question is , how long does it take to hear back?
I called the phone number and they said it takes 72hours.

Has anyone gotten one sooner?

Somebody said the website puts a winner pop up instantly? The lady on the phone said no.

My town is very small so my odds are in my favor, I think lol.

r3lik1
10-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Well low and behold. For the heck of it I put in 5 entries in the pepsi contest at 2:10am drawing. I live in a little tiny town in Pennsylvania.
I log in this morning to put another code in for today and check the winners board.

2:10am Pocono Summit, PA

Woot

My question is , how long does it take to hear back?
I called the phone number and they said it takes 72hours.

Has anyone gotten one sooner?

Somebody said the website puts a winner pop up instantly? The lady on the phone said no.

My town is very small so my odds are in my favor, I think lol.

yea, it says 72 hours on the website too......
congrats(if u did win)

pepsilover
10-18-2005, 10:04 AM
I couldnt get anything out of the pepsi lady, its prob due that its run by an outside marketing co.

Whisper
10-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I entered 15 of them in the Canadian one at 4am EST (so 1am on west, 6:30am on east)... probably the best time to do it.. got nothing :(

ShadedNine
10-18-2005, 06:38 PM
I entered 15 of them in the Canadian one at 4am EST (so 1am on west, 6:30am on east)... probably the best time to do it.. got nothing :(

From what I've seen of the stats they offer, I think there's consistently around 1000 entries/hour right through the night. So, 15 still doesn't offer you all that great a chance.

My plan is to check as often as possible, find an hour that's almost over with relatively few entries, then go nuts on it.

icarusfountain
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I won with my 6th code (out of 8). I won last Thursday 11:10 (look for Manahttan KS), and I got the email this afternoon. I'd say it takes at least 72 hours.

I have a question, though: what bundle is being shipped? I can't imagine its the Core bundle, but at the same time, its not that far out of the realm of possibility. I mean, they even send you a package of stuff to throw a party with your friends and enjoy the X360 the weekend before it comes out, and the party pack includes 5 of everything, so do they include 5 controllers? 4? 2? Only one? Does it include the hard drive so we can party with more than just Need for Speed or Madden, like get some Halo 2 or some Burnout Revenge going? I'v ebeen searching the site (every10minutes) and can't find anything, so I was hoping somebody might've heard an announcement somewhere.

pepsilover
10-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Nice job Icarus. I sent you a PM.

I was told its the Premium version of the Xbox. It comes with the 20 or 40 gig hard drive and the wireless controller ect.
plus 5 hats , 5 shirts , coupons , the one game ect.
It says the package retail total is 580.

laughs
10-19-2005, 10:51 AM

Same here, but I only put in 10 yet. I'm saving up for another draw, so hopefully I'll get something on that one.... Oh, and here's a question..... Is it a premium or is it the core you win?

Brevity
10-19-2005, 02:14 PM
When does it end I need to spend my cap points on some nice Dew stuff there.

Smiley7853
10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
I gotta enter this.It would be nice to spend the 400 on games and accesories and stuff instead.
You can enter in the U.S. right?

Xbox Masta 4
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Brevity and Smiley,

I'm suprized you don't know much about this contest. It's on tv all the time, and advertised around board and so fourth. To answer both your questions. Yes MD contest is playable in the U.S. we are the first ones to start with a contest, now it has expanded to Canada and so fourth with different contests(think they use pins instead of points, not sure).

The contest ends October 31st for the prizes of Xbox 360, but the other points you get to use to buy on the items they have listed on the site (points get you such and such items) that ends I believe a week after the Xbox360 contest is over. Not sure on it, just buy a 20 oz and read the rules.

ShadedNine
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
In canada it's the premium package and a few other relatively worthless goodies.

laughs
10-19-2005, 06:06 PM
In canada it's the premium package and a few other relatively worthless goodies.

Excellent.... Not that I'm going to win or anything, but excellent!

icarusfountain
10-20-2005, 01:08 AM
From what I read, I believe you can use your points to redeem on merch until the end of November. However, you can't add more codes after Oct.31 (all codes entered after 11:59.59 eastern time on the 31st will only count as one total redeemable point). Drawings for boxes ends at that time, too.

And according to some of the sites I've caught, the Canadian party pack actually comes in a metal X360 carrying case for your upcoming console. Other than that, though, the only worthwhile little prize is the coupon(s) you get for free Pepsi/Dew

pepsilover
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Congratulations you are the winner of the 10/18 - 02:10 Xbox 360 sweepstakes brought to you by Mountain Dew.
You will receive your Xbox 360 before it’s available in-stores and will need to provide a signature when it’s delivered. The Xbox 360 is being released later this year in 2005, once the delivery date is confirmed we will post it in your account history so please check back periodically.

In the meantime, during the next few weeks be on the look out for a Party in the Box package from Mountain Dew and Xbox, which includes Hats, T-Shirts, coupons, invitations and more.

Congratulations and Thank you for participating in the Every 10 minutes sweepstakes

Don’t forget you can still use your codes for Collect to Get Gear.

Note: If you would like to change your address, please call 1-877-370-2582 and refer to the number below.
Reference #:PRIVATEHEH

stormin4
10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Dude congratulations but you need to edit your post and get rid of the reference number before somebody calls and changes the shipping address to their house!

Duke
10-20-2005, 11:58 AM
too late

icarusfountain
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Of course, if someone had changed the shipping address, you could easily call up and change it back. No sweat.

Although, I should point out that even with the reference number, they ask you for your zip code and phone number to verify who you are before they'll even access the "account", much less change an address. I just went through this on the phone this morning. I'm having it delivered to a friend of mine in a different state, since I'll be in Hawaii for Thanksgiving when the 'Box gets delivered. He's not even going to open it until I get back Dec. 4, and then we're gonna party with it all night.

Oh, and while I was on the phone, I verified that it is the Premium package, with 20GB hard drive, wireless controller, etc. On the downside, it ONLY comes with one controller, so a aprty with a bunch of your friends may be kind of lame, since only one person will be able to play at a time. You may want to go out and pick up some extra controllers beforehand (since they're already available in many stores), and maybe even an extra game or two.

pepsilover
10-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Guys did you read my reference number it isnt a number its PRIVATEHEH

I wouldnt post it , Im not that dumb.
Although I am in shock I won.

Im going through some incredible tough financial times and this is just amazing, what a way to put that smile back on my face.
I actually picked up a super cheap Gamecube for my daughter because I knew I woudlnt be able to afford the Xbox360 right now. How ironic.

icarusfountain
10-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Surprise!

Seriously, since I got my email, part of me has been convinced that something will happen, the email will have been an error, and I don't get my 'box. I was going to wait a year or more before even thinking of getting a 360, but I certainly won't turn down such a great early Christmas present!