PDA

View Full Version : Blitz: The League...

Xbox Masta 4
10-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey,

Just curious if anyone else picked this up today? I did, and I haven't played it too much sadly. It is fun as far as I played. Graphics are decent, you can hurt people, what isn't to like about this game?

The only other Blitz I've played was on N64, and I really loved the late hits you could do on opponets. That's the downside to this one. No grabbing there arms and throwing them across the field, or running over when there on the ground and jumping on the guy a few times.

I miss that, and now it just doesn't give it the all time offcial Blitz feeling.

Edit - Add-on. I see this is not on the games list on the home page. Uh, oh. Do I get something for finding that? Haha jk. Just thought I'd add that, since I was going to do a review on it when I played it some more, especially doing the career type mode.

FatBox
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Blitz 2003 was the best Blitz game IMO.

Xbox Masta 4
10-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Well I really couldn't have a say in that. I haven't played Blitz 2003.

mattgame
10-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I haven't heard anything at all.

Heavens Gate
10-21-2005, 09:13 PM
I just picked it up a few hours ago and just like one of the Xbox sites said it definately will be the best football you play this year. The controls are tight as well as the graphics and storymode. Everything is very fluent and fast without any dips in the framerate. The graphics are actually too detailed for some tv's I heard but on my tv everything looks great (ESPN 2k5 quality graphics and cutscenes). Online is very good as well. I own every football game that came put this year and as far as first impressions go, this one ROCKS! It doesn't matter if it isn't a licensed football game because it is the best playing and looking game online or offline.

Graphics 9

Audio 7

Gameplay 10

Lasting Appeal 10

FatBox
10-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Actually I had such good times on Blitz 2000 with my friends for the N64 that I'd have to say that was one of the best football games ever.

Hero
10-26-2005, 02:18 AM
anyone else play this? im thinking about picking it up.

Xbox Masta 4
10-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Like I said I've played it. I haven't had much time for it. Graphics truely are great like he said. Breaking bones is fun, and if you piss the other players off you can go on brawls for a few. It's kinda different. I'd agree Blitz 2000 was fun, but so is this one.

Highlite23
10-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Picked it up today, I have to admit it's alot of fun, not a 2K5 mind you but a deffinate "Arcade" style football game with a few nice wrinkles.

The "RPG" elements such as team creation, customizing your players and picking the style of your coaching staff is pretty cool. But the training dept. is interesting to say the least were you can "Train" up to 3 players a time and use the "Jiuce" if you so desire.

Definatly not suitable for younger gamers, but I do like the trash talking, dirty hits found in this football game.

I wonder how that changes, if at all, as you move up to the next division.

Going to get an Official Review out shortly.

I set up a Campaign, my team is the Chicago Blues, and after 2 games I'm 1-1, my last game was a blow-out 55-21, It does help to go throught he training.

mattgame
10-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Good stuff. Now could someone buy this for me?

FatBox
10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
I remember playing Blitz 2003 and going like 70 and 0 against the other team. I was so good at that game lol.

U.2.K
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Do anyone mind telling me is the game more like real nfl or crazy blitz like?
Also, how much violence is in the game from the old versions?

Yellowlab
10-28-2005, 03:45 PM
I would say it is definitely more similar to the old NFL Blitz games... it is a fast paced 8 on 8 football style with 2 minute quarters.

The hits are more extreme than the traditional Blitz game... you can pull off some punishing hits and the game goes into slow motion and zooms into a close up of the injured area and shows you the bones shatter or the muscle snap.

You also have a clash meter and can go into "bullet time" on offense. There is no franchise mode - you play through the campaign/story mode and that is it, and there are virtually no stats to speak of.

In my opinion, you'll be disappointed if you're looking for a traditional football game to take the place of Madden or ESPN.

Heavens Gate
10-29-2005, 10:56 AM
This is a side of the NFL that the Blitz team wanted you to see. All the crap that goes on behind closed doors (at least that's what the developers say) . Crap like prostitution, gambling, fights, drugs, fights etc. 2 minute quarters in story mode but up to five in exhibition and head to head. The X-ray bone breaks and torn ligaments after a big hit is very well done and adds to the violence . My created team is 6-o so far but the teams are getting much more challenging. I just love this game. It's a great change from ESPN (my fav sim) and deserves space in anyone's gaming library. Taking your created team online is totally cool.

Feel free to add me to your friends list.

Heavens Gate (case sensitive)

U.2.K
10-30-2005, 12:50 AM
" prostitution, gambling, fights, drugs "

I am renting this game first, before before buying it.