PDA

View Full Version : What about the rest of us

Mwright
10-20-2005, 04:03 PM
now all the games that we have been seeing are being played on hdtv's....but what about the REST or should i say MOST of us who do not have a hd tv...what are the games going to look like on that... i mean i just got a new 32inch sony tv n it has the red blue green cables which i plan to use but its not a hd.....i feel like this whole next gen cycle is going 2 suck 4 people without hd tvs

m4oH
10-20-2005, 04:11 PM
You realize that graphics doesn't make the games. I personally don't really care as long as it looks better or the same as the xbox. I just can't wait for the games.

ll Mista GT ll
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
You realize that graphics doesn't make the games. I personally don't really care as long as it looks better or the same as the xbox. I just can't wait for the games.

That's one way to think of it. But personally, I like the crisp graphics that jump out of the screen. :) We all have our opinions.. And as for the games... I've never really bought a game and said " Oh mang, this game is leik a tottal n00bie waste of $$$!" I usually get to like them.,.... so gaming wize, I know all the games will be goos for me.

Whisper
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't have an HDTV either, and dont expect to be getting one for atleast 18 months after the 360.. hopefully the experience isn't that much dumbed down on a regular TV.

ll Mista GT ll
10-20-2005, 05:51 PM
I don't have an HDTV either, and dont expect to be getting one for atleast 18 months after the 360.. hopefully the experience isn't that much dumbed down on a regular TV.

Yah! Whisper has hit over 11 k posts! :D:D:D

I hope it's as good too :( I really don't want to be playing on the same product. :crying:

Jackyboy
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
im getting one probably next summer, right now im stuck with a big old sony

ShadedNine
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
The only major problem I can see is with on-screen text and symbols. The like icons and writing on the hud will probably be smaller (relative to xbox) and harder to see in a lot of games, since the developers will be designing around a High Def system. I'd imagine this will be most noticeable in games like Oblivion, where there's a lot of text, info and stats to be seen, or FPSs where faraway enemies will be hard to distinguish from the landscape (don't be a sniper) and much less so in games like PGR3...racing is racing, and the cars certainly aren't that small.

Double_Diablo
10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm stuck with a tv that's almost as old as I am. Consider yourself lucky.

Nato King
10-20-2005, 09:44 PM
:cool: Ok guys I will be getting a 42" HD Sony TV and surround sound. The TV is going to be my computer monitor as well. Having wireless keyboard and mouse this is going to cost me about $3500. :cheers:

Whisper
10-20-2005, 11:46 PM
I hope it's as good too :( I really don't want to be playing on the same product. :crying:

Well that's the thing, I don't expect the GFX to be that much of a leap to begin with.. but once again we have been suckered into believing this is going to be huge.

BoogerBoy
10-21-2005, 03:32 AM
I'm stuck with a tv that's almost as old as I am. Consider yourself lucky.

Don't feel bad, my tv is over 19 years old. It still works good too :cheers:

ll Mista GT ll
10-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Well that's the thing, I don't expect the GFX to be that much of a leap to begin with.. but once again we have been suckered into believing this is going to be huge.

At leat someone has some sense on this forum.... :hail:

SH4MR0CK
10-21-2005, 08:46 PM

Ya i expected the GFX to look a little better but not a huge leap epeciallly since i don't have an HD tv but nevertheless i am still pumped up for the system to be released. However i plan to get a surround sound system in my computer room were I will have my 360 so I hopfully will get some cool nex gen sound.Also to all of you people who plan to rush out and buy a HD tv you should really just wait because once all dvds switch to Hd then HD tv prices are going to drop and thats when i will get one. :cheers:

F1Ox
10-24-2005, 04:28 AM
thats life.

ShaDovV RyDer
10-24-2005, 08:32 AM
As long as the gameplay is taking twice that leap that the graphics are taking I will be fine having a normal people's TV. Besides if my family bought an HDTV it would go downstairs and I would have to wait until we get another one to have one in my room.

SH4MR0CK
10-24-2005, 04:21 PM
As long as the gameplay is taking twice that leap that the graphics are taking I will be fine having a normal people's TV.

Ya im with you on that one im more worried about gameplay than GFX but it would be cool to have an hdtv but im poor.

Drakon678
10-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Only thing I would really like to know is will my monster rca cable with the optical cable work on the 360? I would hate to spend another $100+ bucks on cables. My PS2 has an optical cable slot built right into the back, I LOVE THAT. Don't let me down 360, i want my surround sound to be great.

As for the graphics on regular tv's, im not toooooo concerned, escpecialy when HD-TV's become the standard. Gameplay is the big thing, hell, i still play FFVII and Chrono Trigger. Give me a game with a good gameplay and i will play it for years upon years. Halo is one of those games, ill be playing that 10 years from now on retro nights. :hardcore: