PDA

View Full Version : Game Giveaway This Friday!

VAN
02-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Here is the info for this Friday's giveaway. If after reading you still have questions or comments, please post them here.

<b>Giveaway time:</b>

Friday February 22nd @ 9:00pm Eastern Standard Time

<b>Location: </b>

Chat Lounge

<b>Prize(s):</b>

1 Dark Summit Xbox Video Game
1 Dark Summit Shirt
1 Dark Summit Winter Hat

<b>Eligibility:</b>

All members of xboxaddict.com are eligible to enter and win this "contest"....including past winners!

<b>How to win:</b>

At precisely 9:00pm EST, I will begin the game in the Chat Lounge. I will ask 4 questions related to the Xbox game console.

Each question will be associated with one of the 3 prizes, and 1 question will be a dummy question with no prize associated with it at all.

It's simple, folks. If you answer the question which has no prize associated with it, you won't win anything. If you answer one of the 3 remaining questions, and if you are first to submit the correct answer, you will win the prize associated with that question.

Only I will know which prizes are associated with which questions, so you'll need a bit of skill, as well as a bit of luck to win this one. :)

You will be permitted to answer one (and only one) of the 4 questions, and you must email your answer to justin@xboxaddict.com .

The winners will be announced after I have received correct answers for each of the 3 questions which have prizes associated with them.

<b>Notes:</b>

If you are a winner of any of our Chat Lounge Giveaways, please DO NOT leave the room until you have been contacted by an XBA Staff member to discuss your prize shipment.

After I have announced the winner, the game is over. Do not PM me or any other staff member with anything along the lines of:

"That game sucked!"
"That wasn't fair!!
"I shoulda won that!"
"VAN, you suck"

If you don't win, DON'T WHINE! Please. If you behave in an innapropriate manner before, during, or after the contest, I will recommend to Jeremy that you have your account temporarily suspended. Whether or not he chooses to do so, is entirely up to him.

Remember, if you don't win, there will be plenty of other opportunities down the road to try again.

Xboxaddict.com is the ONLY Xbox site on the web giving away free GAMES folks, and as long as we receive adequate particpation from the members, and people can manage to keep thier unsportsman like conduct off of the forums, and out of the chat lounge, we will continue to give away free games, accessories, and other merchandise.

Have fun, and good luck!!

fear_this
02-20-2002, 09:04 AM
Wait, this time we email the answers to you or do we submit it int he chat area?

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 09:08 AM
If I see one more contest that just chat room exclusive im gonna explode!!!!:mad:

Come on now guys! There is more options to choose from than to make every contest in da chat lounge:rolleyes:

I dont mean no harm, im just keeping it real.
Have a nice day!:)

fear_this
02-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Yeah but still you have to give them credit. You should be happy they even put on a contest for us. :)

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by fear_this
Yeah but still you have to give them credit. You should be happy they even put on a contest for us. :)

I give them all da praise in da world for all they are doing for their members, all im saying is every contest does not have to be chat room exclusive. That's all.
I have nothing bad to say about a website I practically live my life at.;)

fear_this
02-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Yeah I know, i was just saying though man. :)

XBOX MSSC
02-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Cool !!! But next time make the grand prize a 98 pack of beer :) mmm beer......:cool:

VAN
02-20-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Come on now guys! There is more options to choose from than to make every contest in da chat lounge:rolleyes:

You're right. We could also hold the giveaways at my apartment. Would you prefer that?

Do you complain about radio station contests where they state that the winner must be present at a given location to claim a prize? Of course not. Thats just part of the rules.

Well guess what? If you wanna win a prize on Friday, you'll need to be present in the Chat Lounge. :) This is not designed to purposely exclude anyone. We could hold the giveaways on the boards at noon, but then we'd get complaints about that as well.

We could hold week-long contests that require huge amounts of participation.....but we'd still get complaints from people.

Further, not ALL givaways have been held in the chatroom. Some have, some have not. Next month expect a "major" giveaway announcement where the winners will be chosen at random from the member database. Sould be great fun.

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 12:05 PM
Van, I like you yo, but I can see the overwhelming sarcasim in your whole post kid.
But please, I repeat-please dont insult me like that.
I said how I feel, you can get your point across without talking to me like a newbie.
And I totaly disagree with you saying no matter what the contest is, someone will complain. That's BS.
If your verstile here and there no one will complain.
I have yet to enter any contest yet, so im not gonna cry about anything.
Im just saying to keep things fresh, it that to much to ask,.. sheeeesh:rolleyes: .
Your obviously not used to people speaking there mind to you and just except what they say.

Your hero & role model has spoken:)

VAN
02-20-2002, 12:56 PM
Ninja, I apologize if you misinterpreted the above post as being laden with sarcasm. Perhaps I should address the issue once again, only this time utilizing language that you can understand....

Yo, yo yo, kid. Whatchoo be thinkin' when you sez that da contests be whack, yo? Use yer head, dog. Da dilly up in da XBA hiz-ouse be like dis, peep it:

Peeps be trippin, yo. No matter what kinda phat goodies we be givin' out. Alls I'm saying is dat you betta reckanize, kid. Da contests in dis place don't be always happnin in da Chit Chitty Chat Lounge, yo. A lot of the contests be happnin on the real tip right here on da windiggity wick wack forums, son.

You dig? Shoo.

Peace out.

:D

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Ninja, I apologize if you misinterpreted the above post as being laden with sarcasm. Perhaps I should address the issue once again, only this time utilizing language that you can understand....

Yo, yo yo, kid. Whatchoo be thinkin' when you sez that da contests be whack, yo? Use yer head, dog. Da dilly up in da XBA hiz-ouse be like dis, peep it:

Peeps be trippin, yo. No matter what kinda phat goodies we be givin' out. Alls I'm saying is dat you betta reckanize, kid. Da contests in dis place don't be always happnin in da Chit Chitty Chat Lounge, yo. A lot of the contests be happnin on the real tip right here on da windiggity wick wack forums, son.

You dig? Shoo.

Peace out.

:D

:rolleyes:

Crazy Joe
02-20-2002, 01:54 PM
ouch, no offense but Ninja Scroll got burned

SeTH
02-20-2002, 05:13 PM
yeah um ok so what is exactly going on

Plewis
02-20-2002, 05:16 PM
that is one large siggy.

skoot182
02-20-2002, 06:02 PM
word.

egg
02-20-2002, 07:11 PM
Ummmmmmm Yea!!! Take your $hit private... BAck to the subject>>>

This sounds great VAN.... I and many others appreciate

everything you and XBA do ....

EDIT>>>>> I see now we are getting along... Very nice :)

Frostberg
02-20-2002, 07:34 PM
so do you tell after someone sent you the right answer if they got the dummy question, or do you have to wait til the whole game is over to tell who, the real winners are?

VAN
02-20-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
so do you tell after someone sent you the right answer if they got the dummy question, or do you have to wait til the whole game is over to tell who, the real winners are?

The "dummy" question will be revealed to you once I have received 3 correct answers to the 3 "real" questions from 3 different, so you'll know rather quickly if you answered one of the real questions. :)

Azazel
02-20-2002, 08:48 PM
I just think it sucks that everyone has somekind of complaint about the contests. Because I would like to win one sometime (who doesnt enjoy winning a free contest), but if they keep getting complaints the contests will stop.

So will everyone quit being lame! Grow up.

Kamshaft
02-20-2002, 08:50 PM
VAN is doing everything I asked him to do. He's doing his best to make sure everyone is happy and maybe getting some free stuff to them. And don't worry, these are not the last contests we'll ever have! We've got all kinds of killer contests to suit everybody's needs, just give us time.

Honestly, if you guys are complaining, you can go to the other Xbox fan-sites and see what free stuff they are giving out. Not a whole hell of a lot. So far, all I've seen were game guides (no offence to the other sites). No games, no t-shirts, nada....

Come on guys, free stuff and next month a HUGE giveaway. You don't want to be banned either for ****y behavior and loose out on all this free stuff, do ya?

Show your support and give our staff a break. They are doing their best.

Peace.

Frostberg
02-20-2002, 08:54 PM
Well Im satisfied!
*Takes off Cel Damage Tshirt*
*Puts on Batman Vengance Tshirt*
*Turns on Xbox to play Dave Mirra*
*Flips through stragety guide for Mirra*

Yeah XBA owns...
:)

Oh yeah except for this winter hat business...I have no use for a winter hat! BAH! You guys are prejudice against people living in the south!
j/k:D

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 08:59 PM
actually stephan, there was no complaining in this thread.
I said it would be nice if the cintest were versitile. And after that comment everything got blown out of da water!

No one is complaining. why would I complain and still spend my free time posting in a forum I enjoy being in with people I enjoy chatting with?

Im all for the contest and thank you personally for giving back to the loyal memebers of your website.

I just think we should be able to speak our minds without mods jumping on our cases.
We are like a family here, we dont need no drama,..... unless it has to do with me defending me name. You know what i mean too.
:)

Frostberg
02-20-2002, 09:07 PM
So NJ why dont you like the chatroom giveways anyway?

VAN
02-20-2002, 09:14 PM
To be honest, I think the ONLY people with a valid complaint regarding the contsts/giveaways are the XBA Staff members.

We aren't even eligible to win any of this free stuff, so just think how it must feel for me to sit there and give out several copies of a game that I myself don't even own. Very depressing. :(

Anyways, I think this thread is about back on track, so let's open it back up to questions about the giveaway coming up this Friday.

Oh, and as Stephen alluded to, there will be a HUGE promotion going on next month in which prizes will be awarded at random. Stay tuned!

Frostberg
02-20-2002, 09:46 PM
I hope it is among active members...dont give it to someone who registered a long time ago and doesnt even come here anymore...or doesnt participate (registers only to win)

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2002, 09:47 PM
To be honest, I think the ONLY people with a valid complaint regarding the contsts/giveaways are the XBA Staff members.

We aren't even eligible to win any of this free stuff, so just think how it must feel for me to sit there and give out several copies of a game that I myself don't even own. Very depressing. :(

Anyways, I think this thread is about back on track, so let's open it back up to questions about the giveaway coming up this Friday.

Oh, and as Stephen alluded to, there will be a HUGE promotion going on next month in which prizes will be awarded at random. Stay tuned!

Yes, time to focus on the upcoming contest!
I cant wait to hear about next months surprise random contest!
GO XBOXADDICT GO!!!

lets all be friends! :)

Toder
02-21-2002, 12:58 AM
Ok i have been putting my mind through this hole terrble time thing. And I need to know what time this contest goes down. I think its starts at 8:00 central time. tell me if i'm right or wrong.

Rancey
02-21-2002, 02:35 AM

I've had 2 occasions where I knew the correct answer(s) first :(

JimmieDoogan
02-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Sux that I'm ineligible for this contest. I have to work during that time and I won't have access to the email listed on my account. Oh well . . . I guess the contest is for those without jobs, or those with jobs at computers. No biggie. I don't come here to win free games, I come here to yak with yall ;) .

Crazy Joe
02-22-2002, 02:52 AM
or those that don't work friday nights at 8

JimmieDoogan
02-22-2002, 03:24 PM
Like I said, I don't care. I come here to converse with you Xboxaddicts and read news. I have no need for a free game from yall to stay here, but hey, its a great marketing scheme. I am all for it.

Plewis
02-22-2002, 03:34 PM
yeah its at 8 o clock central

thunderkiss2k1
02-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Toder
Ok i have been putting my mind through this hole terrble time thing. And I need to know what time this contest goes down. I think its starts at 8:00 central time. tell me if i'm right or wrong.

yeah its 8:00 pm, toder. they are an hour ahead. :)

Frostberg
02-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Jeez are time zones really so hard to figure out...:D