PDA

View Full Version : Quake 4 new images

Nato King
10-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Today I came across three new images of id's upcoming XBox 360 shooter Quake 4. Check out the full gallery at ZTGameDomain.com.

http://www.havamedia.net/CGR/3/M/HAVABlog/4/791_1463.jpg

link (http://www.ztgamedomain.com/?rid=685)

Shawn-XBA
10-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Good find, this game looks amazing I can't wait to play it

Double_Diablo
10-23-2005, 05:44 PM
Looks cool, but Quake 4 isn't exactly receiving stellar reviews. It's ranging anywhere from 7.5-9.0 and averages around 8.5. Most reviewers are saying the latest installment of Quake has no innovation, is a mindless shooter, and is basically a rehash of Quake III Area with better graphics.

Though a lot of reviewers are saying it has an excellent campaign.

Whisper
10-23-2005, 05:56 PM
bleh. so-so. never been into quake.. too many shooters out there

swivel
10-23-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm playing it on the PC. Lots of fun. Not as good as FEAR, but they are different styles. Much better than Halo, so far.

There is a great sense of a war going on around you. You belong to a squad, which have personalities and faces, which really adds to the emotion of the game. Great weapons so far. The graphics are nearly top-notch. Really shows off the Doom3 engine.

This is going to be a great XBox2 game. The only bad things I could say about it are the multiplayer, so if that is what you are into, wait for UT.

Shadow20002
10-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Too busy with FEAR now but i will give it a try later. :)

ShaDovV RyDer
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I'll pick up Quake 4 as soon as it drops to 20 bucks. Call of Duty and PD0 are the two FPS's fighting for a spot in my 360 right now with money being a huge factor considering my financial situation.

Nurb
10-24-2005, 02:54 AM
guys, those screens are from the PC version, they're in the most recent issues of PC gamer and CGW. Whenever they use the PC screens for a console game, its a warning sign right there. We could be lookin at another doom 3 situation.

swivel
10-24-2005, 06:50 AM
They use PC screens because the PC puts out higher resolution shots. Higher than HDTV. So even when the 360 is out, you will see PC screens used in ads for any game that is on both systems. The PC version will always be capable of looking better.

So don't fret, I've been playing this game, and I think the 360 will come close to putting up these graphics.

SamSmith
10-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Since, the graphics power of the 360 will be more (so were led to believe) then i presume that we will be seeing even better on the 360

swivel
10-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Since, the graphics power of the 360 will be more (so were led to believe) then i presume that we will be seeing even better on the 360

It's not about processing power. The XBox2 will be limited to 1080 lines of resolution. The PC can put out 1200 on most games. So which would you use to show off your game when you are printing ads?

And the talk about any console being more powerful than a PC starts a year before release, when the hardware is finalized. Sorry to tell you, but my current PC is much more powerful than an XBox2.

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/7821/img68470cw3im.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Athlon X-57
2X 7800GTX evga @ 490Mhz/1300Mhz in SLI
2 GB OCZ DDR2 @ 2-3-2-5-1T
2.2 TERABYTES of HD!
2X 10,000 rpm SATA RAID 0

Not to fret... the XBox2 is much cheaper. :)

Kyle Static
10-24-2005, 10:31 AM
So....wait....this is Doom 3, but not on Mars right.....oh sorry, I mean quake :rolleyes:

Whisper
10-24-2005, 10:39 AM
That is like the uber uber setup. I'm going to rob you.

LeoBreaker
10-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Athlon X-57
2X 7800GTX evga @ 490Mhz/1300Mhz in SLI
2 GB OCZ DDR2 @ 2-3-2-5-1T
2.2 TERABYTES of HD!
2X 10,000 rpm SATA RAID 0

lol, is 2.2 Terabytes of hard drive space really necessary??

Whisper
10-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Unless you're running a network off the computer.. then no it isn't. If it's for personal use.. and you've managed to load up even 1TB of stuff, you got issues.

I have a 40GIG hard drive.. and it's only 70% full. I do need to get more space though, as burning movies takes up space and sometimes I have to **** around to get it to burn and I require 12GB of spaces just to burn a movie. So I could get by with a 60GB hard drive.. but I'll probably buy an 80.. anything more i don't see the point. :confused:

Brevity
10-24-2005, 01:24 PM
A new skin on Doom3 is all I see and hear about this. I hated that Doom3 had no story worth mentioning. I know this games multi player is supposed to be great but I dont like that unreal type stuff. I will rent this and I bet thats it.

swivel
10-24-2005, 01:40 PM
lol, is 2.2 Terabytes of hard drive space really necessary??

I rip all of my DVD's to DIVX and use that computer as a Media Center Edition server for the house. So my girlfriend and I can pull up any movie we want from any TV/PC/Laptop in the house. Plus all of our CD's. The HD's are in that black mini-tower beside the LCD. 4 X 500GB Hitachi and 1 80 GB Seagate (plus the two 74 GB 10,000 drives in the main unit).

Yes they are necessary. Right now I have 1.8 TB used. Soon I'll swap the 80 out for another 500.

I quit going to the movie theater three years ago and buy a dozen DVD's a month, instead. They add up over time.

Back on topic... I played some more Quake 4 today and love it more the longer I go on. It is bringing back lots of memories of Quake 2. I'm glad to see the Doom3 engine pushing along so well. I had to take a break from FEAR. I ran out of undershorts and am having to do some laundry.

StudioAlex
10-24-2005, 02:41 PM
I was underwhelmed by FEAR, but then my opinion is incomplete because I'm not very far into the game. Great graphics mean nothing when the art direction is poor and uninspiring. I haven't been so dissapointed by character designs since Brute Force's fantastic saturday morning cartoon retardedness. (Don't even get me started on FEAR's corny story made worse by the bad acting)

But the gameplay is solid and AI is good. And strangely, it reminds me a lot of Breakdown. I have to get further but I'm finding it hard to believe it has received such praise. I think PC editors are graphics-whores at heart, though.

Smiley7853
10-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Blood and guts, yeah, YEAH! MORE GUTS AND BLOOD AN GUTS AND WHWHWHWHOOOOHOHOHOHOOOOOOO! yeah YEAH!!!

I AM CORNHOLIO!!!!

swivel
10-24-2005, 03:57 PM
I was underwhelmed by FEAR, but then my opinion is incomplete because I'm not very far into the game. Great graphics mean nothing when the art direction is poor and uninspiring. I haven't been so dissapointed by character designs since Brute Force's fantastic saturday morning cartoon retardedness. (Don't even get me started on FEAR's corny story made worse by the bad acting)

But the gameplay is solid and AI is good. And strangely, it reminds me a lot of Breakdown. I have to get further but I'm finding it hard to believe it has received such praise. I think PC editors are graphics-whores at heart, though.

Keep playing. Once you get in some of the firefights in this game, you will be singing its praise. This is the most fun I've had in front of my PC in many years. Seriously.

The A.I. in this game is revolutionary. Nothing like it ever done before. You just have to see some of it in action to appreciate it.

And parts will scare you, no matter how prepared you try to be for it.

SH4MR0CK
10-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Right now I'm trying to decide if i should get Call Of Duty 2 or Quake 4 and neither of them have given me reason to pick one over the other.