PDA

View Full Version : FarCry Instincts Glitch!!!

BEATNGU
10-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I haven't heard anything from anyone else about a glitch but no matter if I play my xbox through the TV sound, my home theatre system, or my DVD surround system the game seems to have some sort of a sound glitch.

I can't really remember if it made the same noise at my friends house but I do know that whenever you backed up out of one screen to go to the next you had to watch the demo of the game. I dont' have that problem when I play it on my xbox.. but I do have the sound problem.

Whenever I fire a weapon, hear helecopter (atleast on the second level), or even re-load it sound like a lot of static and feedback.. I can't even stand playing the game while listening to this. I've even tried returning the game once.. with the new one having the same effect.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Shadow20002
10-23-2005, 03:08 PM
I think you better clean your Xbox DVD drive. I have that problem with some games but when i clean the DVD drive is run smoothly for everything.

BEATNGU
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I have cleaned the lense of my xbox twice now and went back to play the game and the sound hadn't changed. I can't stand palying the game when everything I do emits an annoying a$$ sound!!! What am I supposed to do? It doesn't make that sound with any other game. Why Farcry Instincts? Nobody else has had this proboem? What should I do? I really like the game and want to play it but I can't figure out this sound problem *ugh*.

BEATNGU
10-24-2005, 05:27 PM
Wait a minute.... I think I get what you meant now. Not to clean the lense of the xbox but to free up some memory. Right? Well, I'm going to try.

BEATNGU
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm really coming to a dead end here. I deleted some games that took up a lot of memeory (there's still quite a few on there plus many CD's but that shouldn't have an effect, right?), went back to playing FarCry Inctincts, and the stupid crackly sound was still there with everything I do!!! I don't know what else to try. Somebody please help!

mattgame
10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
I wish I could. I never heard of this.

Ninjermy
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
That sucks dude. I haven't heard of aynthin like that before. Hopefully its fixable

BEATNGU
10-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Yeah, It does suck! There's no way to fix the problem if you don't know what it is :bang: .

The only other thing I could guess it could be was; maybe the game froze or something.. (had a small glitch) and the glitch was on that one saved game. I've thought maybe if I started a new game.. but I really doubt that's it. I might just erase the whole thing and start new?!?!???

BEATNGU
10-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, after that last post I said, "What the hell", and went ahead and went to delete the game. I copied the files to a memory card and proceeded to delete the files on my hard drive. When I went to delete the files another option was under the delete icon that read, "reset". I've never seen this before.. I reset it, tried the game.. still the same sound, and then went ahead to delete the files. After deleting the origonal files I popped the game back in and everything loaded.. I went to play the game, and I was shocked that the sound glitch was gone!

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? This is seriously f*$^&$&* up!!! I would really like to get peoples thoughts and opinions on this.