PDA

View Full Version : Halo Enhanced For 360

Nato King
10-25-2005, 05:23 AM
Bungie teases over upgraded backwards compatibility.

http://www.1up.com/media?id=2321301

Microsoft has been at a severe disadvantage with backwards compatibility between Xbox 360 and Xbox because of the vast differences in terms of hardware creation, but no one's really considered the possible advantages of that situation. Bungie Studios, however, seems to be the first breaking word on this.

"We're going to have more to tell you about how Halo one and two look on 360, and it's all good news," says the company.
There shouldn't be any reason to call special attention to the game's looks on Xbox 360 unless there would be a noticeable difference. Rumors have been flying backwards compatibility would add 720P support for HDTVs, in addition to cleaning up frame rates and texture issues, but no one at Microsoft or Bungie's made anything official
link (http://xbox.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3144985)

ll Mista GT ll
10-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Ah... this is interesting ;)

swivel
10-25-2005, 08:07 AM
I think they would have to release a new version. No way they knew what the hardware would be like back when they made Halo.

How cool would a double-pack be for $30 or so?? With 1080 support, higher res textures, more polygons?

Man... that would make so much money with very little investment.

icarusfountain
10-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Not even that complicated; make a downloadable "hi-res" pack that includes new textures, etc for the game. Something similar to the hi-res skin pack they made for UT99 back in the day.

swivel
10-25-2005, 05:01 PM
Not even that complicated; make a downloadable "hi-res" pack that includes new textures, etc for the game. Something similar to the hi-res skin pack they made for UT99 back in the day.

That would be nice. I guess I was hoping for more. Though even with the hi-res textures (meaning hi-def) that would be a huge download.

ll Mista GT ll
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Meh... W.e. They know that lots of people (including me) LOVE to play Halo Lan parties.. and go on XBC with Halo 1, so they should be working to make it XBL enabled... PLEASE DO IT BUNGIE! :D

SH4MR0CK
10-26-2005, 03:43 PM
I wish they would make some kind of official annoncement from xbox or bungie so I know if I have to wait for the 360 version of halo2 or just buy the current xbox addition since I broke my halo2. :bang: