PDA

View Full Version : 360 Power Supply IS the large one...

Highlite23
10-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Well via friend at another site I can't mention, and there friends who were hooking up the Walmart kiosk are confirming the size of the power supply...

http://www.myvisiononline.com/images/360power.jpg

mattgame
10-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Is this a bad thing?

laughs
10-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Is this a bad thing?

It is.... especially considering I'll have to put an extension on my room :cuss:

FB-Gollum
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't think it's anything. It's just a power supply, were people planning to display the 360 power supply on their coffee tables or something? Stuff it in behind your entertainment unit with the other non-aesthetically pleasing adaptors and be done with it.

Shadow20002
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Well, just to say Xbox 360 isn't more portable than the first one.

Rhiannon
10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
so how much power does this bad boy use? I wonder if it will raise my electric bill higher than my pc does?

stormin4
10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Well, just to say Xbox 360 isn't more portable than the first one.

Ha how true even though they try to make it look portable with all the Playstation-like pics of it standing on end.

Drakon678
10-26-2005, 03:33 PM
o..m...g.. who cares?? it sits behind the desk/tv stand with oh lets see.. power bars.. sub woofer.. ps2 power supply.. all the wonderful cables of a pc and speakers. It is not a centre piece for your dinning table. lol. and if people are that concerned about portability (we all know how often we like to take our systems out with us like over protective parents with their 16 year old son/daughter), go buy the carry case and be done with it.

:rolleyes: :watchout:

ll Mista GT ll
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
It's just a power supply, were people planning to display the 360 power supply on their coffee tables or something?

It is not a centre piece for your dinning table. lol.

Good job copying what FB Gollum just said above! :cheers:

Jackyboy
10-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Good job copying what FB Gollum just said above! :cheers:
:rofl: :rofl:

swivel
10-27-2005, 06:34 AM
I care because I have to pay the power bill. Consoles stay on 24 hours a day in my house. This thing looks like it pulls .75KW.

Also, for those of you not familiar with Ohm's law, this thing reeks of a recall. Can you imagine the fire hazard with this baby? I do NOT like my PSU's wrapped in plastic, thank you. I prefer them in metal, GROUNDED boxes. And I don't think tapping the ground in most houses' wiring will do.

I worry for those of you who can not be critical of anything re. this system. We are the gaming community. Developers and hardware vendors listen to us, especially our dollars when making any decision. If we all turn into fanatics that nod vigorously with any decision, then we are going to see more bad decisions being made.

I, for one, would rather have a larger XBox2 and have the power supply built internally. I know for a fact that it is much safer that way. But MS is going to listen to the critics who said the XBox was too bulky, and not to us, who never say anything negative.

I know many of you think we are in some competition with Sony, Nintendo, and the PC... which in infantile. We are in competition with non-gamers. With the media. With our own government. With developers and system makers.

Peace be with you.

Drakon678
10-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I care because I have to pay the power bill. Consoles stay on 24 hours a day in my house.

Well there is your problem right there, don't be afraid to turn off one of them sometime. :rofl: It's not the systems fault, just takes some better power management. :eek:

swivel
10-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Uhhh... It's because someone is often playing them 24 hours a day.

Drakon678
10-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Uhh, then don't complain about a high power bill silly goose :). btw, board games are a simple and easy solution if you want to avoid paying money on power bills. I heard Axis and Allies is good. :hump:

F1Ox
10-28-2005, 05:08 AM
IT looks like a fake. Does not say xbox.

swivel
10-28-2005, 06:43 AM
Uhh, then don't complain about a high power bill silly goose :). btw, board games are a simple and easy solution if you want to avoid paying money on power bills. I heard Axis and Allies is good. :hump:

I love Axis and Allies. Mainly we play Scrabble here. And Trivial Pursuit.

But someone else is always playing on the consoles.

My house is the gathering spot for the neighborhood. Perhaps what I should be doing is charging admission! Hmm...

Drakon678
10-28-2005, 01:24 PM
:rofl: do it! :cheers:

Shawn-XBA
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't think that is the power supply that comes with the system, I think it is just a heavy duty supply because these stores will leave them on 24/7

swivel
10-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm more and more sure that this is the supply. Three cores @ 3.2 Ghz? 512MB RAM? That GPU? This thing is going to hum along and suck some juice. And that is surely the power brick to do it.

Whisper
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
Ah well it’s the big one. It will be hidden by my unit anyway. As long as it doesn’t start fires or drag people in by its massive gravitational pull then I don’t care.

pitt4ever
10-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Ah well it’s the big one. It will be hidden by my unit anyway. As long as it doesn’t start fires or drag people in by its massive gravitational pull then I don’t care.

O nOES! I might start a black hole that will destroy all humanity just because of my 360's power supply!! :crying:

And it will only cost me 300 bucks :cheers: