Jags
10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
ok i need to know sumat about the 360 will a wireless conenction work

will there be a usb port for it

will the wireless be fast enough or will it crash every 2 mins

i have a cable dsl connection downstairs

Double_Diablo
10-29-2005, 08:48 PM
There are three USB 2.0 ports on the Xbox 360. Two in the front, and one in the back. The one in the back was put there with the wireless networking adapter in mind.

According to Microsoft it's got a very smooth, fast connection so you shouldn't have to worry about it crashing.

It should work just fine with your connection as long as you've got a good wireless router.

Reclaimer
10-29-2005, 09:28 PM
ok i need to know sumat about the 360 will a wireless conenction work

will there be a usb port for it

will the wireless be fast enough or will it crash every 2 mins

i have a cable dsl connection downstairs

The Xbox 360 will come with USB2 ports. The Xbox 360 official wireless adapter will be a USB2 adapter, self powered from the port.

J Allard mentioned in an interview that current Xbox adapters like the MN-740 and 3rd party units will still work because the 360 will have an ethernet port as well.

The Xbox 360 USB2 adapter will be able to provide:
802.11A 5GHZ-frequency - 54MB's per second - 60ft range (less interference problems)
802.11G 2.4GHZ-frequency - 54MB's per second - 300ft range
802.11B 2.4GHZ-freguency - 11MB's per second - 300ft range

You ability to receive wi-fi signals and to what reliability you'll have it at will depend on the wireless accesspoint/router you must purchase and where you put it in your home.

stormin4
10-29-2005, 10:18 PM
I just bought a new Belkin wireless router 802.11g and you know I have now tried for the second time to make my Xbox wireless connection work with Xbox Live and it just sucks. I have a Linksys 802.11b Game Adapter and I get lag and blue screens constantly. My router is maybe 30 feet away from the Xbox and the signal has to go through 1 wall. Maybe I need a Mimo router or maybe I have too many neighbors that have wireless but I am just not optimistic about the whole Xbox 360 wireless netwrok adapter. Reclaimer, I know you've said before that it has worked just fine for you.

F1Ox
10-29-2005, 10:19 PM
I use WGXB102 54Mbps Wall-Plugged Wireless Range Extender Kit. for my laptop

stormin4
10-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I use WGXB102 54Mbps Wall-Plugged Wireless Range Extender Kit. for my laptop

Does that get rid of the sporadic connection?

Jags
10-29-2005, 10:32 PM
ok well i have a d-link 54 mbps and mine will be atleast 4 walls away dependsing on when u count the ceiling lol
but at 55 mbps i shouldnt get no lag should i?
i have a 100mbps connection downstairs cable/dsl
AND THANK GOD FOR THE USB PORTS :cheers: but in those pics posted by ...someone i dunno i forget just look on the forums it says new xbox 360 pictures thers a guy playing it doesnt look like ther IS a usb port so i was a bit scared :p

Reclaimer
10-30-2005, 12:58 AM
I have the MS Mn-740 for my Xbox and it worked beautifully with my Microsoft MN-700 802.11G router. Never had a drop out or spastic signal. It just steadily hummed along at 54MBS, full strength. Granted the router and Xbox are line of site of each other across the room.

Unfortunately, the MN-700 died when my apartment got destroyed and I got a Linksys compact Wi-Fi G router. I think it works, over the last few days it's been a pain in the ass to set up because the router won't renew my IP address when Road Runner changes it.
I'm thinking about taking it back and just getting another MN700 router off of ebay.

Anyway, at 54mb throughspeed, you're not going to get lag. You aren't going to lag with a 802.11B router that operates at 11MBs. I had a MN-500 router at first and it was the B version. No problems there.

You're not going to get lag until your signal strength falls and total network speed is beneath what your internet download speed is.

So.. if my Roadrunner calbe internet speed which is 5 megs down, 384K up and my 54mbs throughput drops to under 5 megs per second, yeah there's going to be lag. Because a bottleneck is forming between the Xbox adapter and the router.

Your signal may weaken as it gets further away from the source or passes through too many walls. But for gaming, as long as it's still faster than your internet source, it's ok.

F1Ox
10-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Does that get rid of the sporadic connection?
Seem to work great with my lap top. Not realy sure what sporadic connection is?
But as seeing that xbox 360 is using a IEEE standard Built-in Ethernet port . I really can't see any problems. If so I'll just return it to best buy. Plus I can use it for anything with ethernet port. I'll show you a few photos. If like to see how I have it set up?

stormin4
10-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Seem to work great with my lap top. Not realy sure what sporadic connection is?
But as seeing that xbox 360 is using a IEEE standard Built-in Ethernet port . I really can't see any problems. If so I'll just return it to best buy. Plus I can use it for anything with ethernet port. I'll show you a few photos. If like to see how I have it set up?

Sure pics would be great. By sporadic I just mean that the connection drops out when the signal strength gets too low or is interfered with.

F1Ox
10-31-2005, 04:44 AM
http://fraglive.blogspot.com