PS3
Revolution

Xbox 360 = Great games and online play

PS3 = Speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Revolution = Crappppppppppppp

;)

pitt4ever
10-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Let's face it, PS3 will make games look beautiful in every way shape and form, but I still like the XBOX 360 for online, and well, welcome to oblivion, nintendo!

Jags
10-29-2005, 11:08 PM
lol yeh
but hey i cant say anything bad about zelda i think zelda made nintendo well that and mario

Mwright
10-29-2005, 11:12 PM
the ps3 isnt that much more powerfull......do u really think MICROSOFT is gonna make a product thats not as powerful as sony.. i mean i might be a little more but the games are going to look just as good or even better on the xbox 360... i mean sony is not making anything more powerful that microsoft cant or already hasnt looked at making...plus a lot of people making the games 4 the ps3 are saying the system is too hard to work with

Jags
10-29-2005, 11:27 PM
the ps3 isnt that much more powerfull......do u really think MICROSOFT is gonna make a product thats not as powerful as sony.. i mean i might be a little more but the games are going to look just as good or even better on the xbox 360... i mean sony is not making anything more powerful that microsoft cant or already hasnt looked at making...plus a lot of people making the games 4 the ps3 are saying the system is too hard to work with

:yikes: dude do u not read man it IS going to be twice as fast ISSSSSSSS
bluetooth controller it WILL have WILLLLL
i love the xbox 360 but i have to say PS3 is gonna do to the 360 wat the xbox did to the PS2 - make it look crappy and slow and with crappy graphics
but i still am gonna get the xbox 360 coz of the GAMES it offers and teh xbox live and all that gd stuff

BORNGD
10-30-2005, 12:11 AM
i dont think i can answer this yet...imagine if nintendo got more 3rd party support? the gamecube would have been much bigger than it was...

and the ps3? we will see...xbox360...its not even out yet...after they all come out, it will be much clearer which is the best

i have faith in the 360 as far as games, i prefer the xbox games over sony's

Reclaimer
10-30-2005, 12:28 AM
It's too soon to determine what the PS3 will be like once it goes retail. We know some of it's technical power, but that's about all we know.

It's also too soon to make judgement of the Revolution.

We know so far just about everything there is to know about the 360, yet it's really hard to make a good comparison because we haven't really seen much by way of it's competition.

To make a "off the hip" comparision judging from the past and adding what we do know, the Sony will offer an extremely powerful machine with a lot of potiential when it's games start to come out.

The Revolution will hold on to the back of the pack by offering legacy compatibility.

The 360 of course, just like the Xbox will be the darkhorse of the race. What we can speculate at least is that the 360 will capitalize on online playability.

Because of the strategic decision to release the 360 early, Microsoft will have a good jump on the market with it's current market of users and possibly draw in users of the other consoles.

However, once the PS3 arrives, that margin will decrease quickly simply because Sony has always had a much larger installed user base.
Especially in the Japanese market.

The biggest deciding factor is going to be the games.
Who will have the best games?

ShadedNine
10-30-2005, 01:47 AM
I think we may end up seeing in increase in segregation console wise between Asia and North America/Europe. Fitting I suppose, given the 2 companies based within the 2 countries with the most isolationist histories of all time.

But then it's all speculation in the end. Who knows, maybe it'll be the Googlebox that takes over the whole world in the end :eek:

swivel
10-30-2005, 07:02 AM
I agree with BornGD. Too early to tell.

I do worry about the XBox2 coming out too early. If the PS3 and the Revolution get delayed to this time next year... then you could have another Dreamcast effect. Where one system comes out so early that it feels like a previous generation of technology by the time the competition comes out.

I think all three systems will cater to different crowds. XBox2 will suppy the FPS and online fragging that non-PC owners want. Sony will have tons of RPG's and whacky Japanese games. Nintendo will continue to innovate.

For various reasons, I will want all three of them. But I will give each one a few months to work out any wrinkles, first.

StudioAlex
10-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I haven't played any of them. How would I know?

TheCovenant
10-30-2005, 09:56 AM
The ps3 is NOT twice as powerful as the xbox 360. it ISSSSS not. The only person to confirm somehting like that is sony, who have not shown an actual system (the sytem they showed at e3 is highly improbable. With the cells and graphics processesor alone, it should be sucking in 200 watts of power. And with no room for fans or cooling, no vents, that case just looked kind of ridiculously fake.)

If we're going by what the companies say, Microsoft showed off charts that showed THEY were the more powerful system, claiming sony is a powerful machine where power doesnt matter (i.e. Blue RAY, RAAAY, NOOOOT TOOTH. Blue tooth has nothing to do with games or speed, unless you think that bluetooth controllers are that much faster than wireless ones :rolleyes: )

Then theres also the whole ;very complicated to even begin programming for; A-symetrical chip processor. Just now, they're starting to figure out how to do bump/normal mapping on the playstation 2. How long will it be before sony catches up with microsoft, who made their system very user/developer friendly? As of now, ps3 is scheduled for a spring release in japan, and its not a worldwide launch. SO that same system they get in japan this spring, they we will also get next holiday season, MEANING that the ps3 will NOT have a much longer develpment cycle, which will not allow sony to make the most powerful system on earth by twice the power.

All this speculation, however, is just that. Speculation. That mgs 4 cutscene was just that. A cutscene. and we have no idea how each system will flesh out in the long run. As of now, however, my money is on xbox 360, mainly cause i get to play it the soonest.

EDIT: however i do make it a point to stay on opic, so here i go:

Revolution: Wait and see, soul calibur with that controller could be hellah fun.

Ps3: Dont know enough to say anything, and im not going to buy one just to watch blueray movies.

Xbox 360: live, live, live. I have a very competitive nature and i need to have the ultimate online expirience (i prefer live greatly over PC's internet).

ShadedNine
10-30-2005, 12:18 PM
If we're going by what the companies say, Microsoft showed off charts that showed THEY were the more powerful system, claiming sony is a powerful machine where power doesnt matter (i.e. Blue RAY, RAAAY, NOOOOT TOOTH. Blue tooth has nothing to do with games or speed, unless you think that bluetooth controllers are that much faster than wireless ones :rolleyes: )

It's going to be a fair sized risk putting your trust in Blu-ray that early too. The HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray format war is looking like it's going to be a long and bitter fight. So far, HD-DVD and primary supporter Toshiba have support from Microsoft, Intel and a number of other major brands, as well as about half the studios. Blu-Ray, headed by Sony, has HP and Dell on board, along with about half the studios as well. It was looking like Blu-Ray started to make ground, until recently, HP has decided that unless Sony changes stance on mandatory managed copy and the implementation of the interactivity layer, they're going to jump ship or go neutral, and push Dell and other PC vendors to do the same.

As for bluetooth, It's unlikely that any console will adopt this, at least for its controllers. Bluetooth is a wonderful system in terms of 2 way communication and the ability for either device to discover and connect in either direction, as well as great potential range...but it offers no advantage to a game controller.

Mwright
10-30-2005, 02:52 PM
and for any1 to think that sony is being truthful about what the ps3 can do is just bs... they have lied b4 about system power and what not and i have a good feeling they are doing it again....half of the stuff they are showing is fake because i think THEY know the 360 is more powerful and they want people to think other wise....when it comes down to trusting the company telling us the real power of a system..id trust microsoft over sony anyday....and if you have any questions about which system is more powerful just look at these charts (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/617/617951p1.html)

swivel
10-30-2005, 03:24 PM
I think the Blu-Ray HD-DVD war will fizzle out to nothing. Most people will stick with regular DVD's. The DRM built into the new formats are going to kill both of them.

What happened to DVD-Audio? SACD Audio?

My DVD player already upsamples to 1080, and looks great doing it.

The only way they will get Hi Def DVD to take off is to force it upon us by pulling regular DVD's. And seeing that this is the new cash cow for Hollywood, with more in sales than the silver screen... I think that is unlikely.

EDIT: Even though I don't think either format will take hold, I do think Sony has an advantage just from a capacity standpoint. I hate swapping discs out during games, like Shadowhearts: Covenant. And this should happen more with higer res textures.

StudioAlex
10-30-2005, 05:35 PM
I think the Blu-Ray HD-DVD war will fizzle out to nothing. Most people will stick with regular DVD's. The DRM built into the new formats are going to kill both of them.

No argument there. The technical difference between regular DVDs and the new format isn't near enough to convince the majority of people out there that they need new players. I think this is all wishful thinking.

But if it does come down to a war between BR and HD-DVD I foresee Sony repeating past mistakes and losing because they'll favor their own coffers over consumer desire and ultimately fail to fill said coffers(see: betamax).

mattgame
10-30-2005, 06:36 PM
I think most of us underestimate the power of Nintendo. How long has Nintendo hung around the console wars? And do you know why? Because they still appeal to children. If they could build on that by adding more games for the older gamer then they can be competitive.

Sony has the console market locked right now. I don't see that going away anytime soon. They may be losing their stranglehold on the market a bit but not much. The PS2 still has the greatest and most diverse game library of any system ever. I tell you what if they ventured into the online world and do well like Microsoft did then we may not have ever heard of the 360.

Xbox is the best system right now. They have the most popular games ever in Halo and Halo 2. Halo 2 despite some complaints has put Xbox on the map and made it a force to reckon with. Xbox live is a phenomenon. The 360 looks to build on that and further trap us all in the online world. Has the Xbox taken ove the console wars? No. Will they with this system launch? No. The boys at Microsoft are smart. Get our product out now and make our money before Sony gets theirs out and regains the Number one spot.

My choice? Xbox 360 of course. I'm a grown ass man! I don't need kiddie games, I don't need a bunch of games barely anyone plays, I need grown man games, I need eye candy, I need to go online and take my ego and get my snipe on. If Sony could compete in the online arena then I would be more of a fan but they can't and they won't. In order my choices are:

Xbox 360
Nintendo Revolution
PS3

Holla back!

Mwright
10-30-2005, 06:54 PM
well i have 50 bucks other wise to say that sony is gonna drop to the number 2 spot when it comes to consoles....i have a good feeling that this will be nintendo's last console... the revolution sounds fun but its gonna be like the ds...i dont see a lot of 3rd party support on the revolution...nintendo is just trying to answer the question "how many times can you make the samething" which they have been doing with the gameboy sp..nintendo ds...gameboy micro...nintendo revolution

Dj Logical 1
10-30-2005, 07:37 PM
its to early to predict what and who will end up being better. The gameplay of microsoft is well known and so is the one from sony. If anything Sony will automatically be speculated to be a tad worse than the xbox for the simple fact that people who will purchase the 360 when it comes out, will be addicted to it and say no other system is better than it.

TheCovenant
10-30-2005, 07:39 PM
The boys at Microsoft are smart. Get our product out now and make our money before Sony gets theirs out and regains the Number one spot.

lol...

Jags
10-30-2005, 08:08 PM
I think most of us underestimate the power of Nintendo. How long has Nintendo hung around the console wars? And do you know why? Because they still appeal to children. If they could build on that by adding more games for the older gamer then they can be competitive.

Sony has the console market locked right now. I don't see that going away anytime soon. They may be losing their stranglehold on the market a bit but not much. The PS2 still has the greatest and most diverse game library of any system ever. I tell you what if they ventured into the online world and do well like Microsoft did then we may not have ever heard of the 360.

Xbox is the best system right now. They have the most popular games ever in Halo and Halo 2. Halo 2 despite some complaints has put Xbox on the map and made it a force to reckon with. Xbox live is a phenomenon. The 360 looks to build on that and further trap us all in the online world. Has the Xbox taken ove the console wars? No. Will they with this system launch? No. The boys at Microsoft are smart. Get our product out now and make our money before Sony gets theirs out and regains the Number one spot.

My choice? Xbox 360 of course. I'm a grown ass man! I don't need kiddie games, I don't need a bunch of games barely anyone plays, I need grown man games, I need eye candy, I need to go online and take my ego and get my snipe on. If Sony could compete in the online arena then I would be more of a fan but they can't and they won't. In order my choices are:

Xbox 360
Nintendo Revolution
PS3

Holla back!

i agree ABSOLUTLY except id put PS3 above Nintendo

mattgame
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
lol...

What did I say?