PDA

View Full Version : So I just played the 360..................

mattgame
10-31-2005, 10:27 AM
I went to my local Gamestop and had at the 360. I'm sure all of you know about the kiosks in some stores now but I just want to give my viewpoint and impressions.

I first looked at the PGR demo. It looked amazing on HDTV. The cars kind of looked cartoonish to me not the realism I expected but they looked great nonetheless. The surrounding areas and the crowd was amazing. The detail in the environment was awe-inspiring.

Grade B

I then looked at the Gears of War demo. The screenshots don't do this game justice. It is a magnificient game to behold. If this game has the gameplay to match, it's going to be an ongoing series much like Halo.

Grade A

I went on to play Call of Duty. I thought that the Call Of Duty would be the least impressive of the bunch. I was wrong. I was dead wrong. As a matter of fact, COD was playable and that's what I was throughout the gameplay, dead! I felt like I was having an out of body experience at war. Everything was so vibrant, the action relentless. My heart was racing as I was trying to flank that damn machine gunner!

Grade A

That's all I did as I had to leave but my overall impression of the 360 is this, it is a must have. It is the next level. The only gripe I have is that I can't get the tv needed to thoroughly enjoy the 360 until next year God willing. Go out and get yours don't wait, go get it now! :cheers:

laughs
10-31-2005, 10:39 AM
Great to hear.... Can't.................wait!

l Maximus l
10-31-2005, 10:55 AM
Good to hear...and not to flaunt my set-up too much, but, I have a DLP HDTV Projector which projects onto a 106" grey screen. Honestly, it looks like I own a 106" plasma television...I installed a home theatre in my house a couple months ago...I'm in gaming, movie, and football heaven! :D

The 360 I'm sure it kick ass...but, I'm kind of bummed to learn how many developers are delaying their games...I may end up waiting. But, then again, I haven't had the opportunity to play any games at a local kiosk yet.

mattgame
10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Good to hear...and not to flaunt my set-up too much, but, I have a DLP HDTV Projector which projects onto a 106" grey screen. Honestly, it looks like I own a 106" plasma television...I installed a home theatre in my house a couple months ago...I'm in gaming, movie, and football heaven! :D

The 360 I'm sure it kick ass...but, I'm kind of bummed to learn how many developers are delaying their games...I may end up waiting. But, then again, I haven't had the opportunity to play any games at a local kiosk yet.

When I die I'm going to your house.

studepaber
10-31-2005, 07:05 PM
I messed around with a kiosk last week, and then today to see if I could beat the CoD2 demo. I think I came really close (got to the part when you fight some baddies indoors) but got ambushed by two screamin Nazis. This isn't an easy game though if you just go in with your guns blazin, and each time I've played it I've tried different strategies so there should be plenty of replay here. Definitely an A title IMO.

Shadow20002
10-31-2005, 07:31 PM
NO Dead or ALive 4 and Kameo??

Uchiha Sasuke
10-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Your impressions sound good but the only one I disagree with is the one dealing with COD2. The game disappointed me. Felt like something I already played before. Not enough new stuff, and the A.I. isn't as difficult as everything lets on.

~Will

Nato King
10-31-2005, 08:26 PM
I must say that was a good read there. I really felt like I saw you playing the 360 as I was reading. I am made that they don't have any xbox360 kiosks in bermuda if so I will be in that store everyday. They might have to say to me stop coming in until you get your own xbox360 Because other people need to try the 360 too. lol hahaha

Ford Mustang
10-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the report. I'm pretty excited about COD2. Now I just need to get enough money to pay for all the stuff, haha.

mattgame
10-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Your impressions sound good but the only one I disagree with is the one dealing with COD2. The game disappointed me. Felt like something I already played before. Not enough new stuff, and the A.I. isn't as difficult as everything lets on.

~Will

I mean it is a war game so maybe that's how you got that feeling? The graphics were stunning, the absolute perfect framerate. It was as real a feeling of war as I have ever experienced in a game. Not saying that what you're saying isn't valid as you probably have played more war games than me but I would like to ask you what game does this game remind you of? :cheers:

Highlite23
11-01-2005, 07:42 AM

How are those adoption papers going, I can move in right away. :hardcore:

Drakon678
11-01-2005, 12:29 PM
I have the PC version of CoD 2, and will buy the 360 version soon enough. It still feels a little like CoD but there is much improvement. Health is a much better system now, textures and detail is amazing, the overall sound puts you into the WWII setting. (TRUST ME, there is nothing like peeking around a corner and hearing a bullet wiz by your head on a surround sound system. I nearly crapped myself..) If anyone wants a strong multiplayer experience, pick it up and I will see you on there.

Uchiha Sasuke
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I mean it is a war game so maybe that's how you got that feeling? The graphics were stunning, the absolute perfect framerate. It was as real a feeling of war as I have ever experienced in a game. Not saying that what you're saying isn't valid as you probably have played more war games than me but I would like to ask you what game does this game remind you of? :cheers:

Well to me it just felt to much like past COD's with updated graphics and A.I. Not really enough to sell me. I mean thinking that is going to be a next gen release, they would atleast advance the game a little bit. I guess it just felt sorta rehashed to me. I dunno, I'll probably wait until I play more of the game before giving a final judgement.

~Will

FB-Gollum
11-01-2005, 03:19 PM
I can't believe the nearest wal-mart is an hour away. My wife would freak on my ass. "Honey, just going out for a couple of hours, going to see if theres a kiosk at wal-mart yet with some video game demos for me to play".

Jags
11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
hahaha are ther any 360s in vancouver do u know?

Brevity
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Matt your my fave but these "I played the Xbox360" threads are OMG out of control. Cant we just have one? There is like more of them then "Guess who joined the xxxx posts club? ME!" lol

Not just this site but ever site has like tones of them. Matt please go to each of those sites and group them all up too. Now right now, hurry.

Ghost
11-02-2005, 12:05 AM
yeah, 360's are verywhere now, at all the gamestops and ebgames too. I played one at eb and to tell you guys my HONEST opinion, the games looked like a good (graphicallay) PC GAME. I wasnt all that impressed. But i think as time goes by and developers can explore the system better it will soon be impressive.

The controller is nice though, comfy. And the gamepllay for cod2 is pretty cool, but aiming gets annoying sometimes. anyway kameo, sorry to say, was visually DISSAPOINTING, the intro has so many jaggies and poor miscuts on characters. the game didnt impress me at all, except for the vastness of levels, thats it. I am still gonna get the 360, but im not sure if the launch titles will hold well to the hype...

Im not bashing it so dont think that.

odpr
11-02-2005, 05:57 PM
I would wait with that buy, wait for the new playstation and then compare, I think microsoft is pumping this machine hype to new levels, and I really (As far as it looks..) don't think it THAT amazing , the old xbox is still fgreat, good games are coming, HALF LIFE two, and dmore, wait for the new playstation, and then decide, don't jump..

ShadedNine
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM

Welcome to the club, you have seen the light (literally). I've got another 20" on you though ;). I went white-screen, with a tinge of metallic silver in it, and a glossy base coat. I have pretty much total light control, so I don't have to compromise with a grey screen (which crushes your color space a tad).

Out of curiosity though, which model projo did you go with? Sorry to derail the thread further :hardcore:

mattgame
11-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Brev I'm on it! :)

Shaded I love you. When you type I read every single word.............twice.

ll Mista GT ll
11-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the club, you have seen the light (literally). I've got another 20" on you though ;). I went white-screen, with a tinge of metallic silver in it, and a glossy base coat. I have pretty much total light control, so I don't have to compromise with a grey screen (which crushes your color space a tad).

Out of curiosity though, which model projo did you go with? Sorry to derail the thread further :hardcore:

You freak! lol

Go get laid :p

laughs
11-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Brev I'm on it! :)

Shaded I love you. When you type I read every single word.............twice.

Spooky... Very spooky