PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Delayed!!!!!

greg756
10-31-2005, 08:55 PM
sad news for us expecting oblivion: source ign.com

The Elder Scrolls IV Delayed
We won't be living in Oblivion until next year.
by David Adams
October 31, 2005 - A financial update from publisher Take-Two today confirms what many gamers feared: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will not reach Xbox 360 and PC gamers this year.

According to the announcement, which offers lowered guidance for fiscal 2005 and 2006, Oblivion has been moved from the company's first quarter, which ends in January, to its second quarter -- February through April 2006.

For Q1 2006, the company now expects to post $300 to $350 million in net sales -- numbers which reflect the delay of Bethesda's ambitious RPG sequel.

So far, neither Take-Two nor Bethesda have offered reasons for pushing back Oblivion, though given the game's scope, many expected the title may not reach stores in time for holiday shopping.

We'll be back as we learn more.

mattgame
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
I know a lot of addicts who will be disappointed by this.

greg756
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
yeah it was the game i was going to get at launch...i dont know what to get now either kameo, perfect dark zero, or condemnd

Brevity
10-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Lame!

J4320
10-31-2005, 09:45 PM
That was the #1 game that I wanted. :cry:

Oh well.... On to Perfect Dark....

Go420Dawgs
10-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Damn this sucks well im thinking about buying kameo now so i can have another game to play. What do you guys think. I'll still keep the preorder for Oblivion but I'm gonna need more then 3 games at launch.

vman
10-31-2005, 10:55 PM
oh well. not really a big deal. as long as the developers are using their time wisely, and making the game better, then its really good news in disguise

Nato King
11-01-2005, 05:30 AM
oh well. not really a big deal. as long as the developers are using their time wisely, and making the game better, then its really good news in disguise

Oh Vman I totally agree with you man. Making the game better is the number one priority. :hardcore:

Highlite23
11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Delays are fine, just make the games worth the wait. :D

Ninjermy
11-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Noooo I want it now :( TODAY!

Shadow20002
11-01-2005, 10:54 AM
See? I already said something about this. :)

sojourner
11-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Isn't this just like the thing! I wonder how many more "delays" will be forthcoming before launch, no Recon and now no Elder...no excuse!

BORNGD
11-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Isn't this just like the thing! I wonder how many more "delays" will be forthcoming before launch, no Recon and now no Elder...no excuse!

i hear ya...did they actually think they were going to make launch? or did they just want to see more pre-orders! :argue1:

laughs
11-01-2005, 12:41 PM
:cry: Now what do I get?

swivel
11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I think this will work out well. Oblivion is a time-sucking-type game. It will plug the slow months of Feb. Mar. Apr. and leave us more time for launch and holiday titles.

(munching on my sour grapes)

m4oH
11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
This delay is fine. Take their time and touch up the game. This is actually the best news I've heard yet considering I won't have enough money for 360 until like February and this is the #1 game that I want. It's nice to know I won't be missing out on it.

trixmaster
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
I guess i'm not getting a 360 till next year then.

ShadedNine
11-01-2005, 05:47 PM

No excuse? You and I find different things excusable then. I think there's no excuse for releasing Rome Total War with a half-baked AI and countless bugs. I think there's no excuse for pushing World of Warcraft on gamers with practically no high-end content completed. There's not excuse for releasing Battlefield 2 with ONE gameplay mode. There's no excuse for releasing Black & White 2 when it only even runs on about 50% of systems. There's a hundred examples of games that were rushed to market incomplete for every game that's pushed back past it's peak selling time to make it a better game in the long run.

Bethesda, I applaud your courage and dedication :)

Jackyboy
11-01-2005, 05:53 PM
yeah i saw this on gamefly earlier today =(

mrmp3
11-01-2005, 07:48 PM
To be honest, in terms of content, I don't think they'll be adding anything. maybe some more visual polish (better graphics, framerate fixes etc.) but I honestly didn't see how they could be 100% sure this game could be bug free and be ready at launch. I think in delaying a game which will have much financial success and not going the route of PC games in which they just want the money and release a patch to fix it later, Bethesda is doing what console gamers expect, games without severe bugs that need patching. It's better than, yah know, going the UBI route and releasing bugtacular games and taking forever to fix'em. So I too applaud Bethesda.

FatBox
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Trust me guys it will be for the better, in the end they will have so much hype and won't let anyone down so it's going to be a big hit. It is how business goes.

sojourner
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
No excuse? You and I find different things excusable then. I think there's no excuse for releasing Rome Total War with a half-baked AI and countless bugs. I think there's no excuse for pushing World of Warcraft on gamers with practically no high-end content completed. There's not excuse for releasing Battlefield 2 with ONE gameplay mode. There's no excuse for releasing Black & White 2 when it only even runs on about 50% of systems. There's a hundred examples of games that were rushed to market incomplete for every game that's pushed back past it's peak selling time to make it a better game in the long run.

Bethesda, I applaud your courage and dedication :)

If I may make a wild impulsive stab in the dark, I would say you're stating the obvious...stroll on man!

Hangnail
11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
And my plan is in the gutter... This was my launch title, and probably the only game I buy for the first few months. Now I have a 360 with no game :cry:

I may just buy American wasteland now and play that on there while I wait for the gold.

Nameless
11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Hangnail, Oblivion wasnt making it for launch anyway.

Jackyboy
11-02-2005, 06:45 PM
And my plan is in the gutter... This was my launch title, and probably the only game I buy for the first few months. Now I have a 360 with no game :cry:

I may just buy American wasteland now and play that on there while I wait for the gold.
play hexic and other arcade games on the 360

Hangnail
11-02-2005, 06:59 PM
play hexic and other arcade games on the 360
no thanks. I hardly play anything now, and those sure as hell arn't going to keep my attention for long...

greg756
11-03-2005, 01:08 PM
well, if they are wise and not make the mistake bungie made with halo 2 is to give us some kind of playable demo to tide us over for those of us who preorder it....its the least they could do...or maybe for all who preordered it get the special ed for no extra charge....i dont mind the wait but i want to see what im waiting for even if it is rough or buggy....if i was involved in its delay i would be printing dvds right now for the demo