PDA

View Full Version : Best Game Out Now?

Markus_Kalarkus
02-20-2002, 02:21 PM
hey, i need a few opinions about which game is the best thats out at this moment? also excluding halo doa3 and doa3 *own them already* plz leave a description of which game is the best and why. thnx alot:) :):)

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Halo: Hands down.

I know this may not sound creative...but, it actually can be:

If anyone that owns Halo and has not played on-line through Gamespy, then, they have absolutely no idea what this amazing game can do and they are not using the game at the fullest capacity of greatness!

I own 10 games now and I have shelved 9 of them thanks to Gamespy and Halo. I mean, I'll get back to my other games...but, I can't find an interest to get myself away from playing the most brilliant, innovative, and just plain bad ass game that has ever come from the minds of developers!

Multi-player is AWESOME! This game has HUGE replay value...it was the first game I bought (Nov 15th, 2001) and I still play it the most!

There are so many variations of multi-player, that it's incredible! Anything from Slayer, Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Oddball, King of the Hill and a slew of more game types...plus you can create custom levels (ie. add and subtract vehicles, add and subtract weapons, energy bars settings, radar settings, and a multitude of others!)

The game is simply #1 and should be mandatory for every XBox owner to have in their gaming library. If you don't own it, BUY IT TODAY!!!! If you do and have been on-line, then, you definately know what I'm talking about :)

Shadow Fox
02-20-2002, 02:31 PM
Halo. Max Payne is pretty close, but I doubt anyone will say different than...Halo.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Halo. Max Payne is pretty close, but I doubt anyone will say different than...Halo.

In my opinion...I don't think Max Payne even comes remotely close to the greatness of Halo. It's in a completely different category. No multi-player, no coop mode, no system link option, no on-line capability...I mean, it's not even in the same ballpark. But, like I said, it's my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Max Payne...but, it doesn't hold a candle to Halo.

One thing is for sure - "Bullet Time" is simply kick ass

joe tko
02-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Since you already have DOA3 and HALO, I would go with Fever. Fever is a really nice Football title that balances arcade with simulation. Another great game is Project Gotham Racing. It is a ton of fun to play alone or with friends. The game gives you lots to do and the longer you play it the more you will unlock. A good example is just for playing it an hour you unlock a car color.

http://www.xboxfootball.com

JJaX
02-20-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Halo: Hands down.

I know this may not sound creative...but, it actually can be:

If anyone that owns Halo and has not played on-line through Gamespy, then, they have absolutely no idea what this amazing game can do and they are not using the game at the fullest capacity of greatness!

I own 10 games now and I have shelved 9 of them thanks to Gamespy and Halo. I mean, I'll get back to my other games...but, I can't find an interest to get myself away from playing the most brilliant, innovative, and just plain bad ass game that has ever come from the minds of developers!

Multi-player is AWESOME! This game has HUGE replay value...it was the first game I bought (Nov 15th, 2001) and I still play it the most!

There are so many variations of multi-player, that it's incredible! Anything from Slayer, Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, Oddball, King of the Hill and a slew of more game types...plus you can create custom levels (ie. add and subtract vehicles, add and subtract weapons, energy bars settings, radar settings, and a multitude of others!)

The game is simply #1 and should be mandatory for every XBox owner to have in their gaming library. If you don't own it, BUY IT TODAY!!!! If you do and have been on-line, then, you definately know what I'm talking about :)

*Maximus poses and gives the peace sign, then thumbs up

Bwhahahaaha :eek: :confused:

shererboat
02-20-2002, 02:40 PM
**JJaX then joins maximus, joins in giving 2 thumbs up, and the theme song from the original contra kicks in**

ha aha haaa!!

VAN
02-20-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, according to XBA Member reviews and scores, the current #2 Xbox game is SSX Tricky. :)

Personally, I think Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey is up there in the top 3.

Strange, I think the 3 greatest games were all launched with the system. Halo, Munch, and PGR.

I'm still waiting for a new "must have" title, after several disappointing releases as of late.

UFC Tapout could be what I need, and it should be on store shelves by Friday.

JJaX
02-20-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by joe tko
Since you already have DOA3 and HALO, I would go with Fever. Fever is a really nice Football title that balances arcade with simulation.

BWHAHAAHAHHA! BWAHAHAHAH!

Fever Sucks Sooooooo BaD!!

Bwahahahahaha

Fo real, Dont buy this game if you have any concept of real football. PLease please please listen to me. We dont need anymore of you fever players around. Its Bad enough i get along with Maximus who happens to like fever. But i will forever hold that against him.

Bwhahaha Fever is a freakin Joke. Id rather rub chum on my sack and go diving with sharks with aids then play through another game of fever.

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by shererboat
**JJaX then joins maximus, joins in giving 2 thumbs up, and the theme song from the original contra kicks in**

ha aha haaa!!

**Shererboat, then, dances to theme song while shaking around his dairy air as JJax goes up and slaps him on his ass** **Max proceeds to vomit**

hehe ;)

Shadow Fox
02-20-2002, 02:47 PM

In my opinion...I don't think Max Payne even comes remotely close to the greatness of Halo. It's in a completely different category. No multi-player, no coop mode, no system link option, no on-line capability...I mean, it's not even in the same ballpark. But, like I said, it's my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Max Payne...but, it doesn't hold a candle to Halo.

One thing is for sure - "Bullet Time" is simply kick ass Maximus, have you played any PC fps's (Counter Strike, AvP2, Allied Assaut, Return to Castle Wolfenstien) online? Maybe it's just me, but CounterStrike has a much better layout for online battles and team deathmatch. Plus it has Roger Wilco; Xbox won't have any voice stuff til the whole online shibang debuts...

Just wondering; cuz I loved halo online after I FINALLY got it working on the tunnel, but I can't lie and say it's THE best online experience I've ever had...that would be Dark Age of Camelot- but then again, that's just my opinion...

BTW, I was talking about Halo's solo package as far as story/immersement goes compared to Max Payne. Halo destroys Payne in every other aspect (graphical, gameplay, sound, replay).

JJaX
02-20-2002, 02:48 PM

**Shererboat, then, dances to theme song while shaking around his dairy air as JJax goes up and slaps him on his ass** **Max proceeds to vomit**

hehe ;)

* Maximus then licks up his vomit and begins to gurgle to the theme of knight rider

nik2deep
02-20-2002, 03:00 PM
the night rider theme song fades away...the door burst open....and there stand Nik2DeeP......with the air wold theme song blaring.....Max proceeds to vomit...again.....

joe tko
02-20-2002, 03:10 PM
After reading what you posted I must wonder what you are smoking? Fever is better than Madden?!!?!? Have you listened to the sound quality on EA games. It blows. As for your comment below. Didn't I see a post earlier from you stating rubbing chum on your sacks is your first move in animal fore-play. Or should I quote Cabin Boy "Half man half shark makes one complete gentleman."

Originally posted by JJaX

Bwhahaha Fever is a freakin Joke. Id rather rub chum on my sack and go diving with sharks with aids then play through another game of fever.

batman46st
02-20-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
Well, according to XBA Member reviews and scores, the current #2 Xbox game is SSX Tricky. :)

Strange, I think the 3 greatest games were all launched with the system. Halo, Munch, and PGR.

I'm still waiting for a new "must have" title, after several disappointing releases as of late.

I agree with you van on munch, as for me i concider the new "must have" genma onimusha! honestly great game good story you would never believe its a port with the enhaces they have put in this game. Halo is god in its category (fps)..

JJaX
02-20-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by joe tko
After reading what you posted I must wonder what you are smoking? Fever is better than Madden?!!?!? Have you listened to the sound quality on EA games. It blows. As for your comment below. Didn't I see a post earlier from you stating rubbing chum on your sacks is your first move in animal fore-play. Or should I quote Cabin Boy "Half man half shark makes one complete gentleman."

AND?

yeah fever got a whole lotta tackle animations too. All 1 of them!
And the sound is great in fever ill give it that. Except for the same sound clip they play everytime you hike the ball and the weak ass tackle sounds. If i wanna play powder puff frisbee ill call your sister, Or ill just play fever.

And whats wrong with shark Love?

Stop looking at me like that..............................Homo.

l Maximus l
02-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

* Maximus then licks up his vomit and begins to gurgle to the theme of knight rider

**Max gets jiggy wit the Night Rider Theme song and looks over at JJax's smile on his face as he continues slapping Shererboat's ass with a Barney grin**

hehe ;)

kazual
02-20-2002, 06:04 PM
The online game I have enjoyed the most was EverQuest.. Played DAoC for a while but it never did it for me.

I don't play any online MMORGP's anymore, and I left EQ just before the latest expansion came out.. I am just waiting for Horizons, you heard of it Shadow?

Shadow Fox
02-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by kazual
The online game I have enjoyed the most was EverQuest.. Played DAoC for a while but it never did it for me.

I don't play any online MMORGP's anymore, and I left EQ just before the latest expansion came out.. I am just waiting for Horizons, you heard of it Shadow? Actually, I've never heard of it. Please do fill me in; I wouldn't mind having another RPG on my hands...;)

kazual
02-20-2002, 07:38 PM
http://www.the-junkyard.net/previews/horizons/

http://horizonsvault.ign.com/

Horizons official homepage used to be at www.artifact-entertainment.com/horizons.htm

But Its not there anymore, and I can't find any official Horizons sites around the web right now.. I used to be an active member of the boards and was eagerly waiting the release (Not until 2003 probably..) until I kind of got bored of the wait and figured I would just get it when it comes out.

But anyways, Horizons looks amazing. Visit www.artifact-entertainment.com for some official news..

Heres what I remember about the game..

Many different playable races, most not seen in other MMORGP..
Goblins, Dragons, Angels, Vampires, Saris, Ku'Lak, Dwarfs, Elves, Humans.. etc etc.. check out the sight for a full listing..

Anyways, you start out as a kid in your home city, each race starts out at a different age.. Have parents and the whole 9 yards until you mature enough to go out hunting. Races like the dragon are VERY VERY difficult to reach maturity, but are also the most powerful race of any other.. designed for the hardcore powergamer.

Anyways, you can build houses, start your own towns, wage wars between your blood enemys (Every race has a blood enemy, PvP is big this way, kind of like DAoC)

Alot of stuff you can do by the sounds of things, that is, if they hold up to their promise..

Check it out, its going to be the biggest MMORGP ever created imo, not many people can argue that either.

EthanQT
02-20-2002, 07:43 PM
I'll pick Azurik....But too bad, I've finished it!

Shadow Fox
02-20-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by kazual
http://www.the-junkyard.net/previews/horizons/

http://horizonsvault.ign.com/

Horizons official homepage used to be at www.artifact-entertainment.com/horizons.htm

But Its not there anymore, and I can't find any official Horizons sites around the web right now.. I used to be an active member of the boards and was eagerly waiting the release (Not until 2003 probably..) until I kind of got bored of the wait and figured I would just get it when it comes out.

But anyways, Horizons looks amazing. Visit www.artifact-entertainment.com for some official news..

Heres what I remember about the game..

Many different playable races, most not seen in other MMORGP..
Goblins, Dragons, Angels, Vampires, Saris, Ku'Lak, Dwarfs, Elves, Humans.. etc etc.. check out the sight for a full listing..

Anyways, you start out as a kid in your home city, each race starts out at a different age.. Have parents and the whole 9 yards until you mature enough to go out hunting. Races like the dragon are VERY VERY difficult to reach maturity, but are also the most powerful race of any other.. designed for the hardcore powergamer.

Anyways, you can build houses, start your own towns, wage wars between your blood enemys (Every race has a blood enemy, PvP is big this way, kind of like DAoC)

Alot of stuff you can do by the sounds of things, that is, if they hold up to their promise..

Check it out, its going to be the biggest MMORGP ever created imo, not many people can argue that either. Cool $hit, kazual- I'll make sure I stay updated on it's development.

thunderkiss2k1
02-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA

Hey Van, UFC is a good game overall , but the facial animation for bruce buffer kinda sucks.