PDA

View Full Version : Something new about Starcraft: Ghost

Shadow20002
11-01-2005, 11:10 AM
It was revealed through an extensive Xbox LAN set-up at the recent
Blizzcon that the Zerg will be a playable in StarCraft: Ghost’s multiplayer mode.

While it’s intriguing to play a StarCraft-based game as a curvacious female Ghost (read: a stealthy psychic commando), sometimes you just want to go nuts as a Zergling, Hydralisk, Mutalisk, or Infested Terran.

Source@ (http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/starcraft-ghost/662514p2.html)

Drakon678
11-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Are people actually excited about this title? Im a huge fan of blizzards previous works (Diablo, Diablo 2, StarCraft, WarCraft 2) and I don't see anything great about this new StarCraft Ghost. It looks like crap as far as graphics go, and to delay it year after year, I honestly think Blizzard should stick to the PC where they can pull of delays like that. Once you do that on a system, as you can see, a new system comes out before your game launches and its not even worth buying anymore. They should have announced the game everyone has been waiting for.. StarCraft 2! Sometimes I want to march right up north to Edmonton and yell at them directly. (and for all you peeps who dont know where Edmonton is, its in Alberta Canada)

ShadedNine
11-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Are people actually excited about this title? Im a huge fan of blizzards previous works (Diablo, Diablo 2, StarCraft, WarCraft 2) and I don't see anything great about this new StarCraft Ghost. It looks like crap as far as graphics go, and to delay it year after year, I honestly think Blizzard should stick to the PC where they can pull of delays like that. Once you do that on a system, as you can see, a new system comes out before your game launches and its not even worth buying anymore. They should have announced the game everyone has been waiting for.. StarCraft 2! Sometimes I want to march right up north to Edmonton and yell at them directly. (and for all you peeps who dont know where Edmonton is, its in Alberta Canada)

Wow....

You need to get a few facts straight to avoid embarassment.

First and foremost. The notable Edmonton, Alberta developer you're thinking of is Bioware, producer of award winning pc AND console titles such as KOTOR, Neverwinter Knights, Jade Empire, and the Baldur's Gate series.

Blizzard Entertainment has 2 offices, both located in California.

As for Starcraft Ghost, it is not so much being developed by Blizzard, but by Swingin' Ape Studios, recently acquired by Blizzard in a similar manner to which Bungie is part of Microsoft. The reason for the majority of the delay came about when the game was completely scrapped after taking it out of the hands of developer Nihilistic Studios. After a long time in limbo, it was moved to Swingin' Apes, where development has begun anew in full force.

Jackyboy
11-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Wow....

First and foremost. The notable Edmonton, Alberta developer you're thinking of is Bioware, producer of award winning pc AND console titles such as KOTOR, Neverwinter Knights, Jade Empire, and the Baldur's Gate series.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheCovenant
11-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Wow....

As for Starcraft Ghost, it is not so much being developed by Blizzard, but by Swingin' Ape Studios, recently acquired by Blizzard in a similar manner to which Bungie is part of Microsoft. The reason for the majority of the delay came about when the game was completely scrapped after taking it out of the hands of developer Nihilistic Studios. After a long time in limbo, it was moved to Swingin' Apes, where development has begun anew in full force.

hooray for the educated!

Drakon678
11-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Actually I do believe that Blizzard North is located in Edmonton. But what does the professor at the University know about that? I mean he only runs game design and has worked on an xbox360 title called The Outfit so he must be totally confused. :rolleyes:

FB-Gollum
11-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Blizzard North is in San Mateo Cali. Blizzard Cosole is formerly "Swinging Ape" and they are the ones screwing up Starcraft Ghost. Amazing what 30 seconds and a google search can uncover.

Whisper
11-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, Google is beautiful. Evil, but beautiful.

ShadedNine
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Actually I do believe that Blizzard North is located in Edmonton. But what does the professor at the University know about that? I mean he only runs game design and has worked on an xbox360 title called The Outfit so he must be totally confused. :rolleyes:

Neat. Which professor? I'm not familiar with any acting professors that are also playing an active role in software development.

I'll even make it easy for you, here's a list:

Jonathan Schaeffer
Tony Marsland (retired)
Martin Müller
Michael Buro
Robert Holte
Duane Szafron
Ryan Hayward
Russell Greiner
Vadim Bulitko

I can tell you off the top of my head that it isn't Dr. Schaeffer or Dr. Bulitko.

Or this professor not even a member of the U of A games group? (who, to my knowledge, has only worked on projects with Bioware and EA, never Blizzard).

TheCovenant
11-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Neat. Which professor? I'm not familiar with any acting professors that are also playing an active role in software development.

I'll even make it easy for you, here's a list:

Jonathan Schaeffer
Tony Marsland (retired)
Martin Müller
Michael Buro
Robert Holte
Duane Szafron
Ryan Hayward
Russell Greiner
Vadim Bulitko

I can tell you off the top of my head that it isn't Dr. Schaeffer or Dr. Bulitko.

Or this professor not even a member of the U of A games group? (who, to my knowledge, has only worked on projects with Bioware and EA, never Blizzard).

Correct again! im loving this!