PDA

View Full Version : Using a 360 with no HDTV

SoundX
11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Do you guys think it’s worth getting a 360 if you don’t have a HDTV?

I’m planning to get a HDTV as well, but it won’t be for at least year – hopefully prices will lower a bit more in that time.

Would it be worth getting a 360 if you have to use it on a standard TV?

Smiley7853
11-02-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope so dude,I'm goin' for the same thing...

r3lik1
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
YEA, all u gotta do is get normal A/V cables.....even tho it wont be in HD...the grafix will still be a lot better

laughs
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Definitely.... I'm using a standard TV; you're still going to see a huge difference.... Plus, the gameplay will hopefully be much better.

Shawn-XBA
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I'll be using a standard tv as well, I am looking at getting a dlp hdtv later on

ShadedNine
11-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Don't expect the prices to pull in any miracles in the next year. They'll go down, but no more than usual. In fact, LCD Panels are expected to go up in price for a period of time, as several of the materials neccessary to produce large-screen LCDs have run into a shortage (this only applies to LCD Flat-Panel Tvs, not LCD Projection Tvs).

Will it be worth it? That depends. Some people seem to believe that a game is only as good as the graphics it supports. Others claim the game industry has gotten lost in the world of shiny things, and has gone lax on what makes games great: gameplay and innovation, and are happy as clams with even a text based adventure of the old days. Most lie somewhere between those extremes. Personally, I'd be getting one even if I didn't have HDTV, but then if I didn't have the money for an HDTV, I might not be in a financial situation where I could afford a 360 either /shrug.

l Maximus l
11-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I would buy an HDTV before buying the system, IMO. I have had an HDTV for 3 years and I recently purchased a DLP HDTV Projector and I am in freakin' TV heaven...

BORNGD
11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
so what does the 360 come with? cables for HD or for standard or do they not even differ??? i know, this is a lame question

l Maximus l
11-02-2005, 11:02 PM
so what does the 360 come with? cables for HD or for standard or do they not even differ??? i know, this is a lame question

My understanding is that it comes with both Composite (Yellow for video / red and white for audio) and Component (Red, blue, and green for Video / red and white for audio...possibly with an input for fiber optic (TOSLINK) digital audio for 5.1 DD SS systems...we'll see on that last one, though...

All I know is that I need atleast a 12 foot cable to connect the X360 to my DLP HDTV Projector which is mounted on my roof.