PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw the 360 in action

l Maximus l
11-02-2005, 10:51 PM
Well, dudes...maybe I'm late...possibly fashionably late...but, hey, I saw a kiosk for th 360 at Best Buy.

The only playable demos I noticed was Kameo and Call of Duty 2.

Kameo: I honestly thought this game was pretty kick ass! I only played it for about 10 minutes and was pretty impressed...graphically, the game looked awesome...far better than I thought. This looks like it's going to be a kick ass platformer type game.

Call of Duty 2: Graphically, I thought the game looked pretty damn solid; however, I could hardly stand the gameplay. Obviously, it's a different FPS than what I'm used to (*cough* *cough* Halo *cough*)...so, getting used to this game will take much longer than the 10 minutes I spent on this one.

The videos for all of the other games looked pretty good; however, it's difficult to see what a game is like when they hardly are showing in game playability. I was disappointed when I realized that Perfect Dark Zero was not part of the demo list.

The controller for the 360 seems smaller than an S-Type; however, it felt pretty comfortable considering I strongly prefer the Duke controller. I was surprised to see that the "white and black buttons" are now "Left and Right" buttons above the triggers...but, this was a pleasant surprise...I think it will work. The center "X" button (between the Start and Back button) was pretty kick ass because it launched you into a seperate menu...good stuff...They could do a lot with this functionality that has never been done before on a console and with XBox Live.

Overall, I was more impressed than I was disappointed...and I may consider actually picking one up at launch if it's available. Until now, I was going to wait, but, it appears that I'm going to be a X360 owner before I thought! :)

FB-Gollum
11-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Nice, thanks for the review. Dying to see this thing in action. How much of a graphical upgrade would you consider it seeing it live? Is it really "next-gen"? Is my jaw gonna hit the floor?

l Maximus l
11-03-2005, 01:19 AM
Nice, thanks for the review. Dying to see this thing in action. How much of a graphical upgrade would you consider it seeing it live? Is it really "next-gen"? Is my jaw gonna hit the floor?

In my opinion, both of the playable demos were the next step up, especially for consoles. As for the games that strictly featured video previews, it was really hard to tell if they were a step up or not since they were like watching a movie preview. It was difficult to differentiate what was in-game or cut scenes...especially since they showed actual game footage in micro-second increments...similar to movie previews.

Kameo was friggin' sick and I generally don't buy platformers! Call of Duty 2 basically put to shame any military type game that I've seen on a console from a graphical point of view. I had a tough time with the gameplay in my short time playing. For instance, pushing down the LEFT analog stick pulled out your binoculors, crouching was the A button, etc... Obviously a far cry from the Halo format :D

Nato King
11-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Very nice review maximus. I think I read the whole review in one big breath. I am so mad that I don't have kiosk for the xb0x360 in Bermuda because I am getting really envy that a lot of my Xbox addict are playing the console and I am not. :bang: :crying:

ll Mista GT ll
11-03-2005, 07:13 AM
i'm gonna go scouting for some hopoefully today! :p

r3lik1
11-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Nice Max...I played the 360 for the first time last night too......

I must say......Its crazy! I LOVE the 360's controller....it feel NICE!!! Like it supposed to...LOL....

But i only plays Call of Duty...and only played for MAYBER 5 minutes...the Grafix are 93218765 times better that xbox......uuuummmmmmmm 360....can't wait to get one.....I almost just picked up the kiosk and ran with it!

BORNGD
11-03-2005, 09:21 AM
i played one last night as well...i played call of duty 2 and king kong...i too thought call of duty 2 was a little hard, but graphically good. Its now a game I want to pick up sometime after launch. The gameplay felt so smooth!

King Kong, i had no idea what to do, i was just walking around the jungle and a t-rex came and ate me, but it was smooth, and pretty impressive graphically as well...

both games caught my eye and felt fun (i didnt preorder either so hopefully the games i did pre-order will do the same and more). I'm glad i have one ready to go at launch!

laughs
11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
King Kong.... Kameo.... Nhl2k6.... Condemned....OMG OMG OMG! I don't know which one to get.

Goku_69
11-03-2005, 06:11 PM
i played like 2 weeks ago but i haven't been able to play it again cause it threw my local wal-mart photo lab into anarchy. :rofl:

skorp
11-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Sounds good fellas!

I'm sure the controls good be adjusted for Call of Duty2.

Well, it better be an option. :D

l Maximus l
11-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Sounds good fellas!

I'm sure the controls good be adjusted for Call of Duty2.

Well, it better be an option. :D

Oh, for sure! The default settings weren't actually that bad...just not what I'm used to for shooters...I played for about 10 minutes...and right when things felt comfortable, I had to get going or check out another game.

I didn't notice that King Kong had a playable demo...bummer...I guess I know where I'm going this weekend :D

laughs
11-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Let us know what you think of King Kong when you play it Maximus... The trailer looks awesome and I was considering picking it up.

skorp
11-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Oh, for sure! The default settings weren't actually that bad...just not what I'm used to for shooters...I played for about 10 minutes...and right when things felt comfortable, I had to get going or check out another game.

I didn't notice that King Kong had a playable demo...bummer...I guess I know where I'm going this weekend :D

Thats awesome man! My Gamestop sux... No 360 kiosk setup. They just have poster ads of the 360. lol No playable demos period.

17 more days... I can't wait!

Just wish I had a 106" DLP HDTV Projector to enjoy it with... :hail:

pitt4ever
11-04-2005, 09:30 PM
Thats awesome man! My Gamestop sux... No 360 kiosk setup. They just have poster ads of the 360. lol No playable demos period.

17 more days... I can't wait!

Just wish I had a 106" DLP HDTV Projector to enjoy it with... :hail:

Oh, we all do, silly! :jammin: