PDA

View Full Version : Get in lines for a Xbox 360 by november 22nd

Shadow20002
11-03-2005, 11:31 AM
It’s not looking pretty for Xbox 360 availability for November 22nd, if various indications are to be believed.

First, we’ve got readers writing to tell us that store managers at Electronics Boutiques are calling them to bump them off of the first allocation of Xbox 360 pre-orders. Writes one reader:

This is something you might want to follow up on, but I just received a phone call from the EBGames store manager (Gainesville, FL) saying that the launch stock they were allocated is a LOT less than what they are now getting. Although I reserved with them over 6 months ago - even before there was an official MSRP - I was told that I didn’t make the list and would be on the second shipment.

Click here (http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000040066382/)

Double_Diablo
11-03-2005, 11:59 AM
That's crazy. Microsoft is really trying to make the Xbox 360 the must have item this winter. Watch there be an abundance of Xbox 360 consoles next year after the Christmas rush.

LeoBreaker
11-03-2005, 12:07 PM
yeah, i just read an article on this. microsoft is puposely creating a shortage of xbox 360's. dunno why though. all i know is i am going to ****ing fight for mine at walmart at 12am on the 22nd. HERE THAT ALL YOU ****ERS THAT LIVE HERE, YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT!!!!!!!! :)

Whisper
11-03-2005, 12:08 PM
If Blockbuster bumps me off the launch day, I'm burning the place to the ground.

r3lik1
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
I honestly dont THINK that there is going to be a "shortage." M$ is just saying all that b/s to MAKE people go out and get it!

Go420Dawgs
11-03-2005, 12:50 PM
My EB games is only getting 20 360's in all. Luckily i was the first to pay everything off a month ago and am number 7 on the preorder list (pre-ordered it before E3) so I am gaurunteed mine on launch. Good luck to all you who arent going to be able to get it. I would go check at places like Sam's Clubs or Best Buy's on launch date.

Ninjermy
11-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I honestly dont THINK that there is going to be a "shortage." M$ is just saying all that b/s to MAKE people go out and get it!

How does that make any sense.

"HEY! I know how we can get more people to buy a 360! We will tell them that less will be shipped so they have a horrid chance of getting one! Its genius!"

Whisper
11-03-2005, 01:48 PM
"Oh well, there wont be one for me, so I'll ask for something else for Christmas!"

Good marketing plan Bill.

r3lik1
11-03-2005, 01:50 PM
if you think about it, it is!!! maybe if u use at least half your brain, you'll read your little smart-a$$ comment and think..."If i was running a company, that actually WOULD MAKE SENCE"

You tell everyone that not as many will be shipped, even tho keeping the same # being sent out.....now everyone thinks "omg, i have to be there as soon as the doors open so i can get one"

think dude!!

Bakeman
11-03-2005, 02:01 PM
How does that make any sense.

"HEY! I know how we can get more people to buy a 360! We will tell them that less will be shipped so they have a horrid chance of getting one! Its genius!"

PS2 ring a bell... there was a shortage on that system and everyone would slit their wrist to get one.

Nato King
11-03-2005, 02:15 PM
if you think about it, it is!!! maybe if u use at least half your brain, you'll read your little smart-a$$ comment and think..."If i was running a company, that actually WOULD MAKE SENCE"

You tell everyone that not as many will be shipped, even tho keeping the same # being sent out.....now everyone thinks "omg, i have to be there as soon as the doors open so i can get one"

think dude!!

ya I see where you are coming from but maaayybe just maaaybe it could be ture. :bang:

Smiley7853
11-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Iamgrateful for this town for at least one reason. It's gonna be easy as sh*t to get the 360. aaahhhhh small towns. can't live with, can't live without.

Bakeman
11-03-2005, 02:38 PM
ya I see where you are coming from but maaayybe just maaaybe it could be ture. :bang:

It very well could be true.. they are rushing the launch of this system and I'd image are having a hard time getting the number of systems they want for the 3 major launches.

Maybe if they didn't make so many systems for walmarts and ebgames, etc..etc.. and just primilary dealt with retail systems things would be alittle different (most likely not lol)

Mwright
11-03-2005, 04:08 PM
i really think microsoft knows what they are doing over a bunch of white male guys... i mean hey they are the best company in the world

laughs
11-03-2005, 04:15 PM
I don't think that will be a big problem in good ole NL :cool:

F1Ox
11-03-2005, 04:26 PM
yeah, i just read an article on this. microsoft is puposely creating a shortage of xbox 360's. dunno why though. all i know is i am going to ****ing fight for mine at walmart at 12am on the 22nd. HERE THAT ALL YOU ****ERS THAT LIVE HERE, YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT!!!!!!!! :)
lol....

F1Ox
11-03-2005, 04:27 PM
Not true :hail:

FatBox
11-03-2005, 04:33 PM
My city is full of old people (or poor people) so I'll be sure to pick one up at my local store the day after Thanksgiving! Which is Best Buy, but I went to Best Buy yesterday and so far they only have 2 people that have reserved an Xbox 360 so they said they will guarantee some extras on Thanksgiving. I will prolly have to get there at like 5 in the morning though.