PDA

View Full Version : Shortage!!crap!!!

Mwright
11-03-2005, 09:05 PM
i just called my ebgames today and i am number freaking 42 on their pre-order list. this sucks because they prolly wont be getting more than 50 in... the guy i talked to said i might have to wait untill the second shipment..this sucks because we live in america and microsoft should have given us more and make them have less. i hope this is just a big plan from MS to sell more 360's :(

ll Mista GT ll
11-03-2005, 09:13 PM
I didn't even pre-order.. i was shocked at first.. but not to worry... If you dont get it in a month or two, you'll be saying "thank god i didn't get the launch ones... Whisper's blew up! OMGzorZ!" lol

Just cool down, you'll get it eventualy. But i have to say Microsoft's shipping techniques do suck huge hairy nutz.

ShadedNine
11-03-2005, 11:59 PM
this sucks because we live in america and microsoft should have given us more and make them have less.

Who is "them" exactly, and why do you feel they should receive fewer Xbox 360s? Is there money inferior to yours? Their technology? Perhaps because Bill Gates dropped out of a college in the United States? Maybe you feel sales will be better if sales are concentrated in America?

If you're going to make a statement like that, be prepared to back it up.

swivel
11-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Who is "them" exactly, and why do you feel they should receive fewer Xbox 360s? Is there money inferior to yours? Their technology? Perhaps because Bill Gates dropped out of a college in the United States? Maybe you feel sales will be better if sales are concentrated in America?

I agree with him for economic reasons. There is a reason console launches aren't done worldwide. This is going to be bad for Microsoft.

If, by the time you can get your hands on an XBox2, the PS3 is only a few months away, more people are going to wait and see.

Should have blown us out over here, where we made MS a contender... and staggered the Europe and Japan release. Reward your fan base and then extend. The fight with Sony over Japanese gamers will not be won with hardware.

carlbme
11-04-2005, 06:36 AM
Bah, over rated to make people purchase them as quick as possible instead of waiting and maybe changing their mind.

Hell, when the PS2 came out, they said the same thing. When the original XBox came out, they said the same things.

I don't really see much of a problem. Even second shipments usually are in maybe a week after launch. If you don't want to wait. Check out WalMart on launch day or something else.

ll Mista GT ll
11-04-2005, 07:12 AM
WHO GIVES A ****!?
I know i made a thread about it, but i really got over it. You'll get your 360... just be happy with what you all have now. There will always be statements like PS# owns or Xbox will own... but really, it comes down to if YOU really like it"

Brevity
11-04-2005, 07:26 AM
I see this comming, I have no idea how my Gamestop is doing it but if they dont get me one I will cancel my order and head over to a retail store like Walmart and find one I am sure. Every time any system comes out rumors start about shortages. I think its half marketing ideas to get people to preorder and half do to simple fears of fans.

Double_Diablo
11-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Luckily I was one of the first to pre-order at my local EB Games.

Ninjermy
11-04-2005, 09:20 AM
WHO GIVES A ****!?
I know i made a thread about it, but i really got over it. You'll get your 360... just be happy with what you all have now. There will always be statements like PS# owns or Xbox will own... but really, it comes down to if YOU really like it"

Shadup. I WANT MY 360 NOW!!!

:crying:

Duke
11-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I AM OFFENDED

Don't be so sensitive, Sally.

By "them" he means "you", and he is right. If there really are shortages, it will be because of the global launch. Why should it be us? Well Bill Gates didn't just "drop out of college" here. He was born here, he grew up here, he launched his business here, and is still a US citizen who is the figurehead of a US company.

Japanese invent neat stuff, they get it first. New Mercedes model? You'll see it in the EU before you do the US. It's the way things go, and it's not that big of a deal. Now it would be nice if they had some better planning/manufacturing and there isn't a shortage (and maybe there won't be), but give us our nice things first the same way any other nations company would for their citizens.

I honestly don't see what's gotten you all riled. I guess I understand that you don't want to wait, but you make it sound like he just ordered you all off to the gulag.

stormin4
11-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say THERE WILL BE NO ****ING SHORTAGE. Go to your local Wal-Mart or Target and you will get one.

RockTheCasba
11-04-2005, 11:21 AM
even my local newspaper had an article about a shortage of 360's

r3lik1
11-04-2005, 11:27 AM
how many threads will be started about this.....jesus christ people....quit fuc*ing crying!!!

Rhiannon
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say THERE WILL BE NO ****ING SHORTAGE. Go to your local Wal-Mart or Target and you will get one.

Thats what I was thinking...surely more than one shopping chain will carry the xbox360...the odds of you not getting on are pretty low I am sure, becasue I would not be surprised by people waiting for the price drop to buy one anyhow....Like me :)

Duke
11-04-2005, 12:18 PM

I think there might be, but I think that anyone who wants one on launch will have not trouble getting one by doing exactly that. There might be a lull, after, but anyone who HAS to have one when it comes out will most likely be able to.

Shadow20002
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Well, when i got my Xbox, it was in the second week after the launch and i still happy to get one so what even if you can't get one at the launch? Don't tell you gonna die just for a machine........

Smiley7853
11-04-2005, 02:24 PM

....Thank you.

how many threads will be started about this.....jesus christ people....quit fuc*ing crying!!!

Calm down, everyone pretty hyped up about it and has there one way to voice there opinion.

I AM OFFENDED

By "them" he means "you", and he is right. If there really are shortages, it will be because of the global launch. Why should it be us? Well Bill Gates didn't just "drop out of college" here. He was born here, he grew up here, he launched his business here, and is still a US citizen who is the figurehead of a US company.

Japanese invent neat stuff, they get it first. New Mercedes model? You'll see it in the EU before you do the US. It's the way things go, and it's not that big of a deal. Now it would be nice if they had some better planning/manufacturing and there isn't a shortage (and maybe there won't be), but give us our nice things first the same way any other nations company would for their citizens.

I honestly don't see what's gotten you all riled. I guess I understand that you don't want to wait, but you make it sound like he just ordered you all off to the gulag.
Duke, where the hell did you quote this from?
Shut up!

laughs
11-04-2005, 02:41 PM

That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. Congrats Duke! :cheers:

Mwright
11-04-2005, 03:05 PM
its not that i dont want to wait...its that i PRE-ORDERED MY 360 AND EBGAMES SHOULD give us the system before the people that work there. i just dont want to wait another day that i have to

F1Ox
11-05-2005, 04:20 AM

I don't think thats what he mean dude. I think he mean it like this . If you dad and mom making toys for you and the kids next door. Who should get the toys first the kids next doors or there owen kid. 1000% there kid first. Just like micorsoft base in the USA would make sure everyone get first crack at it.. Just like sony did with the psp.

What does Bill Gates and college have to do with anything!! You rtring to read more then it needs to be.. \
If you're going to make a statement like that, be prepared to back it up. :bang: :hardcore:

F1Ox
11-05-2005, 04:22 AM
That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. Congrats Duke! :cheers:
riginally Posted by Duke

I honestly don't see what's gotten you all riled. I guess I understand that you don't want to wait, but you make it sound like he just ordered you all off to the gulag. :hail:

LOL :rofl: nice duke

ll Mista GT ll
11-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Dukey is my honey pookey! <3 :p We woves XXXbox360's. :D

F1Ox
11-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Dukey is my honey pookey! <3 :p We woves XXXbox360's. :Dlol. How sweet.

ll Mista GT ll
11-05-2005, 10:32 AM
lol. How sweet.

Shut it momma's boi! :p

F1Ox
11-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Shut it momma's boi! :p
lol nice lol :cuss:

ll Mista GT ll
11-05-2005, 10:53 AM
lol nice lol :cuss:

Yup. I do what I can. :)
:cool:

Jags
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/misc/allard/index.html
ok for everyone asking YYYYY xbox 360 is shipping in japan and europe aswell its all in this video