PDA

View Full Version : Matrix: Path of Neo

Shadow20002
11-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Anyone got a chance to play one? It's already out so just ask everyone's impressions.... :)

addict
11-04-2005, 04:21 PM
i saw some gameplay of the lobby fight. it looks very repetive

Hangnail
11-04-2005, 06:40 PM
After buying Enter the Matrix, I said I would never buy another Matrix game again, and im sticking to it. Even if this one isn't that bad, there is still a ton of better games out there.

mrmp3
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
My friend woke up at 9 to get this. After playing the first 2 (well technically 3) levels, he kinda wishes he saved the $53+. First off, the camera has a mind of it's own. It will not stay behind you unless you are using the right joystick. However, when keeping the camera behind you, Neo takes wider turns, thus, you generally have to deal with it. The ragdoll effects are so ridiculous. In the first level you press Y really fast to shove off guards, which sends the guard and more particularly the ones around him flying really far away. The graphics are more crappier than Enter the Matrix, bar none. Tank sounds nothing like Tank, the dialogue sucks, for some reason they have like highlight trailers between each level that do nothing to complete the story but they still last like 5 minutes. Neo runs slower when you move the stick to the left or the right then when pushing forward (and no he's not strafing). The first mission you play is a challenge where you are at the point where Neo is essentially the one and he has alot of his abilities and moves and the trench coat and you get guns, so you can taste what "rewards" later in the game the combat will offer and you just don't ever wanna play it again. Seriously, rent it. Not even kidding, just as much crap as EtM and still once again proves the sole crowning jewel to this franchise is the original movie.

Highlite23
11-09-2005, 12:17 AM
Matrix games are going to end up like Batman games...when are they going to make a good one.

Although the last Batman game wasn't too shabby, Batman Begins.

hebgbz
11-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I am soooo glad I read this thread. Saved me the cost of even the rental. Thank you.

Goku_69
11-16-2005, 12:10 PM
i will probablt still rent it just cause i want to see the alternet ending

Yellowlab
11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
I picked it up and played through a couple hours so far. The graphics are a little off - it just doesn't look crisp and clean, and the frame rate seems iffy. Another downer was the camera, which I felt like I was struggling against too many times.

The hand to hand combat is satisfying, as is the melee weapons. The firearms utilize an auto lock on aiming system where the right analog stick is used to move in between targets. I would have preferred a free aiming system (much like Max Payne), but as it is, it is not bad either.

Where it really excells is capturing the movie. You play through scenarios from the movie with the chance to have a different outcome. Mixed in between are actual video clips from the movies that are spliced together in a unique way.

The bottom line is if you're a fan of the movie, you'll likely enjoy playing through the game. Being a fan of the movies myself, I'd rate it a 7.0/10 so far...

mrmp3
11-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm a huge fan of the movie, but I know a stinker when I see one. Melee combat consists of one button and then at the end of the combo and quicktime button combination you can press. It's really weak.

Yellowlab
11-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I'm a huge fan of the movie, but I know a stinker when I see one. Melee combat consists of one button and then at the end of the combo and quicktime button combination you can press. It's really weak.

Perhaps you didn't play too much of the game? It is much more than single button combat, but that might explain why you disliked it (if you thought it was only one).

There are a wide variety of combo moves utilizing the Y and B buttons. Using the focus button can also enable a whole new set of moves. There are also a few cool moves you can do coming off a focus wall jump, and some really nifty throws, like grabbing somebody in mid air and drilling them to the ground. There are also multiple enemy moves in which you can grab two opponents at once and nail them - again the focus acts as a variant which gives you a whole new set of moves. Not to mention the R trigger in combination with the buttons which can do a set of disarm moves.

As the game progresses you unlock more and more moves, and jumping, L Trigger, and R trigger all complement the Y and B button attacks in different ways. It is a fairly deep combat system once you get into it, and I found it to be satisfying. At any rate it is definitely not a one button combat system, unless you only played the first couple levels - which are pretty boring.

BananaMan
11-20-2005, 12:40 AM
i beat this game about 4 years ago, it's leet as hell. have you made it to the level where you get to fly aircraft? then you get the magic card.

Ninjermy
11-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I want to rent this game it sounds elite as native chief mentioned.

wasabi_
11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I bought this game a few days ago. The graphics arent that good and the framerate sucks. The camera is horrible on some levels and the gun fighting is useless since your so much better off with martial arts. The martial arts is very satisfying in my opinion (for a matrix game.) It has a nice presentation to it, with it going into matrix code and stuff on menu's and pause screen. It nice to see a halfway decent matrix game. I would reccomend at least renting it.

My score:

Graphics - 6
Gameplay - 8
Sound - 7
Overall - 7.5

Its worth a rent