PDA

View Full Version : Big Red One and CoD 2 (PC) both get 8.5's from IGN? WTF?

mrmp3
11-05-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't get why sites do that. Specifically in the Xbox Review for Big Red One either in the second take or from somewhere in the review, it said wait a couple weeks for CoD2, it's bigger, better, and more beautiful, or something along those lines. But if they are ranked the same, what's the point of spending an extra $10 on CoD2? sure the graphics will be better, but, some sites and every magazine I've read (GI, EGM, OXM) still report that online play is only 8 players but Infinity is hoping to get that number higher up before launch. Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it and the Xbox section just has lower standards than the PC section.

Brevity
11-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Thats crazy. Speaks well of the Xbox version and not so well of the 360 version by comparison. lol

TheCovenant
11-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Seeing as the "360" version hasn't been rated yet, ive failed to reach such a conclusion. Furthermore, rememeber that "Big Red One" is being compared to:

A)Other Xbox oriented FPS's
B)Other Xbox oriented WWII games

One puts CoD2 up against Half life 2 and the recent F.E.A.R., not to mention Brothers in arms and earned in blood, well, you can see how the rating system is tough, because the format has so much more to offer. However, with the xbox, big red one is actually high calibur, because there isn't as much offered.

Same goes for the 360. Perfect dark, quake 4, GUN, and Call of Duty 2. Its the only WWII shooter there, and 1 of only 4 shooters total. This can greatly improve its chances at a high rating score from such sites as ign, even though its the exact same game as the pc.

swivel
11-06-2005, 07:19 AM
Seeing as the "360" version hasn't been rated yet, ive failed to reach such a conclusion. Furthermore, rememeber that "Big Red One" is being compared to:

A)Other Xbox oriented FPS's
B)Other Xbox oriented WWII games

One puts CoD2 up against Half life 2 and the recent F.E.A.R., not to mention Brothers in arms and earned in blood, well, you can see how the rating system is tough, because the format has so much more to offer. However, with the xbox, big red one is actually high calibur, because there isn't as much offered.

Same goes for the 360. Perfect dark, quake 4, GUN, and Call of Duty 2. Its the only WWII shooter there, and 1 of only 4 shooters total. This can greatly improve its chances at a high rating score from such sites as ign, even though its the exact same game as the pc.

Excellent points all. The competition for FPS games on the PC is just much higher. COD2 could still be a top 360 game. Of course, with so many FPS's coming to the XBox2, this won't be the case for long.

And why does everyone say the graphics will be better on the XBox2 version over the PC? I'm running COD2 in higher-than-high-def resolutions right now.