PDA

View Full Version : Sega Dreamcast/Xbox 360 link

Mwright
11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
i found this online and although i do not find it true to be..its still interesting to read....and have no fear xbox gamers....MS is way to big of a company to let this happen.Link (http://www.gaming-360.com/?p=92) :cool:

Double_Diablo
11-05-2005, 10:41 PM
Even if the Playstation 3 ends up being more powerful, the Xbox 360 will still have a very large fan base behind it. There are 40 games due out by the end of the year and many more to come. There are also many big-name third party developers supporting it. The Xbox 360 won't fail. Period.

carlbme
11-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Ehhh, way to long to read all of it.

I get the idea though. I'm one of those who agree that the Dreamcast died an early death, but I don't see it happening to the 360. One of the main reasons is MS has much deeper pockets than Sega did.

IF Sega didn't have such a bad track record before hand and had more funds to work with I don't think the Dreamcast would of died as soon as it did.

F1Ox
11-06-2005, 09:36 AM
This article seem to be more a fanboy then anything else. The article it tring to compere apple to oranges.

LeoBreaker
11-06-2005, 10:40 AM
i prefer this comparison over that one. link (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154&did=1)

Highlite23
11-06-2005, 11:18 AM
i prefer this comparison over that one. link (http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154&did=1)

I was just about to post that Leo... :) I do like that one better.

Jackyboy
11-06-2005, 11:46 AM
lol #21 is hilarious, i do like this link better than the first link

ll Mista GT ll
11-06-2005, 11:47 AM
I think that the 360 is being rushed... but, It's all about the games people. As long as they make games that attract people to the 360, it' all gonna be okiedokey.

Jags
11-06-2005, 06:14 PM
ok i remember when dreamcast came out everyone was like OMFGGG!!!! its dreamcast its soo gd u cant beat that **** man its the craziest **** out ther...but i aint buying one YYY the hell is that

greg756
11-06-2005, 09:28 PM
when it came to the dreamcast it was basically the matter of ea not making games for it...and many popular games from japan not coming here...it had alot of potential...id say its still the best 2d system out there

Nameless
11-06-2005, 09:46 PM
The DC wasn't 2D...

killerscott
11-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Sea man was a great game! Haha I did though go through 2 dreamcasts and they both just suddenly stopped working. To this day though im sad because instead of waiting for my sea man to grow up i sped the timeclock up and so he was always in a pissy mood. For those of you who dont know what im talking about i must sound crazy.

Anyways the Dreamcast was a great system. I still have the system i just need the cords and a controller...( i still have the gun) my damn mother threwthe rest away!

TheCovenant
11-07-2005, 03:05 AM
Powerstone 2!

Satch
11-07-2005, 08:07 AM
lol I love all this Dreamcast talk...I still have mine too....actually I have 2 of them, working and looking perfect. that article's right...Dreamcast was everything it promised to be, just didn't have good sells. To this day, it's still my favorite system. It's amazing and definitely the most unique system. Great games you can't find anywhere else.

Of course, most points have already been made to show that this article probably isn't right regarding the 360 compared to ole' Dreamcast.

Heavens Gate
11-08-2005, 07:58 PM
lol I love all this Dreamcast talk...I still have mine too....actually I have 2 of them, working and looking perfect. that article's right...Dreamcast was everything it promised to be, just didn't have good sells. To this day, it's still my favorite system. It's amazing and definitely the most unique system. Great games you can't find anywhere else.

Of course, most points have already been made to show that this article probably isn't right regarding the 360 compared to ole' Dreamcast.

I also have 2 working mint Dreamcasts' and it STILL is my favorite system. My favorite gaming moment was popping in NFL 2k for the first time. I think MS is making a huge mistake releasing the 360 so soon. I remember you couldn't get a Dreamcast months after launch because it was sold out EVERYWHERE! I will wait until all the bugs and faulty hardware are nowhere to be found. I may wait until PS3 comes out and then make my decision because I think by then the 360 games won't be so beta looking. We will know what it's capable of then. I won't get burned again. If the Dreamcast failed (the best system ever) I definately have doubts with the 360 no matter how much money Gates has and besides, SONY has been lucky in the past and probably stilll so in the future. We'll see though but I won't give out that kind of money now. I will have options in 2006

Jags
11-09-2005, 12:57 AM
I also have 2 working mint Dreamcasts' and it STILL is my favorite system. My favorite gaming moment was popping in NFL 2k for the first time. I think MS is making a huge mistake releasing the 360 so soon. I remember you couldn't get a Dreamcast months after launch because it was sold out EVERYWHERE! I will wait until all the bugs and faulty hardware are nowhere to be found. I may wait until PS3 comes out and then make my decision because I think by then the 360 games won't be so beta looking. We will know what it's capable of then. I won't get burned again. If the Dreamcast failed (the best system ever) I definately have doubts with the 360 no matter how much money Gates has and besides, SONY has been lucky in the past and probably stilll so in the future. We'll see though but I won't give out that kind of money now. I will have options in 2006
some gd points but im not gonna play too many next-gen games im a playstation person but halo 2 has made me a beliver as for teh faulty hardware ima get an extended warranty from future shop